NFL Sunday Ticket cost reduced by 40%

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the genious. The smart thing is they report adding 327,000 new subscribers to their services by offering the NFL ticket free. Lowering the rate is to appease existing customers who would complain new subscribers got it for free. They want us to say what you said "How much were they making if they can lower it 40%, but 40% is sweet".

It's not sweet, it's BS. I should get it free not some new comer that hasn't supported you for the last 20 years. I'm the one that has allowed them to give all the free stuff to new customers. That's BS.

This is my argument when I call. I tell them look I've been with you when I had to buy the system from Radio Shack and call a guy from the newspaper to come out and install, you then installed and gave the systems to new customers free. I could only watch directv on one tv, I paid to buy the dual LNB so I could watch tv on two tv's and different channels, then you started giving the dual LNB to new customers free. .......... paid for HD DVR receiver, then you gave it free and so on.

I'm calling and getting it free.

Let us know how you make out.

I also had the thought of saying to them...so, if I drop your service, then re-start it..I am technically a new customer and get it free right?

Been a subscriber for many years and also plan to try to get it free.

That's not the genious. The smart thing is they report adding 327,000 new subscribers to their services by offering the NFL ticket free. Lowering the rate is to appease existing customers who would complain new subscribers got it for free. They want us to say what you said "How much were they making if they can lower it 40%, but 40% is sweet".

It's not sweet, it's BS. I should get it free not some new comer that hasn't supported you for the last 20 years. I'm the one that has allowed them to give all the free stuff to new customers. That's BS.

This is my argument when I call. I tell them look I've been with you when I had to buy the system from Radio Shack and call a guy from the newspaper to come out and install, you then installed and gave the systems to new customers free. I could only watch directv on one tv, I paid to buy the dual LNB so I could watch tv on two tv's and different channels, then you started giving the dual LNB to new customers free. .......... paid for HD DVR receiver, then you gave it free and so on.

I think that new customers only got it for free or get it for free for one season. Its not a lifetime deal. But being how you seem to have supported the company throughout the years they should throw you a free year or two.

Are dishes always on the side of your house? Or are most of them on the roof and I just can't see them?

most of the installers are lazy so i would recommend telling them where you want it rather then letting them decide

they put my brothers right in front when they could have easily hidden it in the back but would have been a longer cable run rather then just dropping it straight down

he doesnt have anything blocking his view so this was pure laziness on the installers part and now he has an unnecassary eyesore

Edited by Max997

Should I go with Direct TV?

Someone make the decision for me.

I watched all the Bills games through DirecTV's deal with Playstation last year. Just got the NFL ticket, nothing else. Games were better than standard def. Just about Hi Def. Only week 1 when they gave a sample away for free did it not work due to bandwidth problems. After that, ti was great.

DirecTV doesn't' work where I live (trees) and can fade out in storms but some people like that.

I'm guessing the price wont drop for those of us that purchased the ticket through PS3

I hope it does drop on PS3. I might actually consider getting it if its only 200 and that includes HD games. My dad and brother are huge Vikings fans so they would actually benefit from getting it as well. But at the current price of 325 I would rather just find a low quality stream of the game. Although as much as I hope they compensate the price I just don't think it will happen. The NFL likely wants direct TV to have a competitive advantage.

I called last year to complain about the price increase and was immediately given a $10.00 for 6 month price reduction and I said no just cancel. They are giving it away free to "new" customers, that wasn't right. They agreed and then gave it to me for free and also threw in NFL Ticket-To-Go. And said that I should never have to pay again, whatever that means...... We will see.

Good advice guys, I think I'll give them a call and see if I can get a signal like Promo suggested.

And Jay, if its all a go I'll PM you for the acct #.

Thanks all!

Awww crap. I wanted the $100 :cry:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

But 40% is a sweet deal. Imagine how much money they have made on the ticket in the past if they can afford to give an across the board 40% discount to everyone.

Or you could look at it this way. DIRECTV just added 327,000 subscribers who paid $0.00 for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. So imagine trying to re-sell NST to those people for $329. Um, yeah, no.

on the other hand, you paid for a service and assuming they delivered it as promised, everyone wins. i understand the emotional aspect of 'someone else is getting what i paid for', but that happens all the time. it happens when you buy car before the next big sellathon. it happens when you just miss the two-for-one carrot sale at wegmans. it happens when you go to walmart and but a couple suit's before the big weekend sale. additionally, i'd think the theory of attracting new subscribers that otherwise wouldn't purchase the product would ultimately keep your cost down, at least in theory.

it's not free, by the way, if you have to pay for something else to get it. it's basic crack ho marketing. get 'em in, give 'em a taste and those that love 872 games of football every saturday and sunday are hooked, they sign up next year and so on. those that wouldn't have watched to begin with are largely inconsequential.

i have the ticket and am no fan of Direct TV customer service, by the way, and have a bigger issue with them deep discounting for those who complain than i do with the price they charge to begin with. if the cost of service is $199, make it $199. not $162.50 for some, $0 for others etc. the promotional discount for new subscribers, well, that's fine one way or the other.

Sadly, NFL ticket always screws up opening weekend

Two years in a row I had to "remind them" that I'd paid for the service already and they needed to "flick the switch" to turn mine back on (usually done about 30 minutes prior to kickoff). Didn't have that problem last year, thankfully....

Very glad to hear the price has dropped, I never look forward to the negotiating call every year. I may try to get the extras free though. I watched on my Ipad one weekend that I couldnt be at home and it really worked out well. But I won't pay $100 for that since I don't need it often.