Budget by position=no WR in 1st

They just signed Stevie to be our number one guy. Last year our WR corps consisted of a 7th round pick and a bunch of street guys. We've got Easley from UConn coming back healthy, he's like having a free pick. We've got Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, the guy from Oakland.....and I'll bet they take a WR in the second or 3rd round.

The OL will need help. I think they can get somebody like Martin in the early 2nd, and if not there, take some big guy in the 3rd and a WR in the second.

Who are our linebackers? Kelvin Sheppard, Bennett, and then who? Moats? Can we count on Merriman? Right now our DL has become dominant. We need stoppers at LB. Take Luke. Colts take Luck, we take Luke. Bennett, Luke, and Sheppard. Write it up.

They just signed Stevie to be our number one guy. Last year our WR corps consisted of a 7th round pick and a bunch of street guys. We've got Easley from UConn coming back healthy, he's like having a free pick. We've got Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt, the guy from Oakland.....and I'll bet they take a WR in the second or 3rd round.

The OL will need help. I think they can get somebody like Martin in the early 2nd, and if not there, take some big guy in the 3rd and a WR in the second.

Who are our linebackers? Kelvin Sheppard, Bennett, and then who? Moats? Can we count on Merriman? Right now our DL has become dominant. We need stoppers at LB. Take Luke. Colts take Luck, we take Luke. Bennett, Luke, and Sheppard. Write it up.

Lord, I wish Bennett was still playing.

Did you mean Barnett?

Before the rookie wage scale was implemented, I might agree with the budget angle. But we DID try to sign Meachem and that would have been for more than what a receiver picked at 10 would receive so I don't think the money would preclude us from drafting a WR at 10.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the argument is that you can take a OLB in the second or third while impact WR are much harder to come by. Now wither you think Floyd has that kind of impact is debatable. But I think the philosophy is valid to think its easier to get a 2nd or 3rd round LB to have a better impact.

I think the argument is that you can take a OLB in the second or third while impact WR are much harder to come by. Now wither you think Floyd has that kind of impact is debatable. But I think the philosophy is valid to think its easier to get a 2nd or 3rd round LB to have a better impact.

Agreed just because the w.r class is deep doesn't mean its deep with number one wideouts. 4-3 outside backers aren't as valuable of a position so we will be able to get good value elsewhere.

Agreed. And I'm not advocating reaching for anyone, but I do think

Morrison as an OLB in a 4-3 > Hairston as a LT > D. Jones as a #2 WR.

Whether it's in the 1st round or not, WR is the position most needing an upgrade. (please don't say Easley zzzzzzzzzz... nor Fitz either, at least not in this draft)

1334877044[/url]' post='2441281']

Agreed. And I'm not advocating reaching for anyone, but I do think

Morrison as an OLB in a 4-3 > Hairston as a LT > D. Jones as a #2 WR.

Whether it's in the 1st round or not, WR is the position most needing an upgrade. (please don't say Easley zzzzzzzzzz... nor Fitz either, at least not in this draft)

Well put. I agree with Morrison > Hairston > jones. I'd stil select the bpa in round 1. If its kuechly, pick him. If its a Lt, pick him. If its Floyd, pick him. If its Gilmore or Kirkpatrick, pick him. If its cox, pick him. I just want to select a guy that's going to be a solid contributor as we make a playoff run. I think all of the guys listed have a chance to be really good ones, let's select the guy we think has the best chance to be a really good one, regardless of position,

Agreed just because the w.r class is deep doesn't mean its deep with number one wideouts. 4-3 outside backers aren't as valuable of a position so we will be able to get good value elsewhere.

I would take a Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas or a Brian Urlacher over a Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson type player any day of the week, but I am a defense first kind of fan.