name your top 3 buffalo rasputins

Jeff Wright (how do you beat the Super Bowl era Bills? up the middle)

Robert Royal is a good one (feet inbounds, moron)

Collins/Losman/Edwards (all were given too much time to fail)

This and John Fina

Mark kelso

Jeff posey

Sam Adams

Kelso was good and Adams was great with Pat and was the last time we had a good defense, Also he manned the best D of all time with Siragusa in Baltimore.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This and John Fina

Kelso was good and Adams was great with Pat and was the last time we had a good defense, Also he manned the best D of all time with Siragusa in Baltimore.

i agree mark kelso was a great FS

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KelsMa21.htm

enjoy his stats.

bills thought he was so horrible he was there for 8 years...

MARK KELSO?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?

With the freedom a free safety had on that defense, with the pressure they got on the QB with smith, bennett etc, on a team that was often playing with a lead forcing the opponent into obvious passing situations, he should have been a standout rather than a footnote. Imagine Byrd in that same setup? His impact would have been a lot greater

This and John Fina

Exactly, that's why I'm po'd with Adams: they let big pat go thinking Adams could handle it on his own, and all he did was stink up the joint. We should have kept pat and sent Sam "the Michelin man" packing

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

1334318377[/url]' post='2435882']

How about inanimate objects?

#3 Mark Kelso's bubble helmet

#2 Thurman's lost helmet ala SB26

#1 OJ's "glove"

How about not.

Kelso was only average and was my 1st thought as well.

Others: Van Pelt & Gilbert, Ostrowski, Ken Jones, Dave and Paul Costa -no relation, Norwood and our current Raspy-Sam Aiken

Make your top 3 worst analogies between Buffalo athletes and historical Russian figures!!!!

Clint Malarchuk : Catherine the Great - Instead of dying while fornicating with a horse he got his throat slashed with a skate and lived.

Ko Simpson : Anastasia Romanov - Unfathomable net worth yet managed to disappear without a trace.

JP Losman : Yuri Gegarin - First man in space and first QB to put a ball into sub orbit on a 5 yard out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kelsey gets alot of hate on this baord but he was our best defender most of the time last year besides Byrd

Ill go Dickie J

Trent Edwards

Robert Royal

Were those the times, say, when Dareus, Barnett and GEorge Wilson weren't on the field or something?

Make your top 3 worst analogies between Buffalo athletes and historical Russian figures!!!!

Clint Malarchuk : Catherine the Great - Instead of dying while fornicating with a horse he got his throat slashed with a skate and lived.

Ko Simpson : Anastasia Romanov - Unfathomable net worth yet managed to disappear without a trace.

JP Losman : Yuri Gegarin - First man in space and first QB to put a ball into sub orbit on a 5 yard out.

This made me chuckle.

How about not.

Kelso was only average and was my 1st thought as well.

Others: Van Pelt & Gilbert, Ostrowski, Ken Jones, Dave and Paul Costa -no relation, Norwood and our current Raspy-Sam Aiken

Norwood? Give me a break!

You only picked him because of the Super Bowl. Norwood scored a lot of points for the Bills over his career and was a damn good kicker.

Norwood used to shank extra points

Was it Norwood or Christie who had that absolutely brutal Sunday or Monday night game against Cleveland back in the early 90s? I don't recall all of the specifics, but there were numerous missed PATs and FGs, and finally the Bills won on a chip shot.

EDIT: it was Christie, and 1995. He missed one PAT and one FG but won it at the end.

Norwood also had a horrible game against the Raiders in LA in '91 I think...missed several kicks and a PAT but eventually won the game in OT.

EDIT: it was 1991. Norwood was 0-3 in FG attempts and missed a PAT in the 4th quarter, before hitting for the win in OT.

For the record, Norwood was a career 271/278 (97.5%) on PATs. Which isn't really very good when you think about it. By comparison, Christie was a career 468/473 (98.9%), and Lindell is currently 362/363.

Edited by eball

1. Joe Burns

2. JP Losman

3. Jim Leonhard (Yeah I know everyone loves little Jimmy. Sorry I saw a guy who was consistently overmatched, horrible in run support, and not much better in coverage. During his time in Buffalo was our worst safety by a mile. Yet the Legend of Jim Leonhard died hard amongst fans touting him to be something more than what he was. I'll never forget Rich Gannon commentating during a Bills/Jags game. The Jags had just scored on a long pass play and Gannon said "Leonhard has no place on a football field this was the worst attempt at coverage I may have ever seen."

I'm gonna take Joe Burns off this list since he wasnt a starter. I just never understood how he kept making the roster. I'll replace him with Jeff Posey

Edited by Stealth

With the freedom a free safety had on that defense, with the pressure they got on the QB with smith, bennett etc, on a team that was often playing with a lead forcing the opponent into obvious passing situations, he should have been a standout rather than a footnote. Imagine Byrd in that same setup? His impact would have been a lot greater

#1) Kelso was the first guy that came to my mind as well. My brother and I used to get in fights all the time ..he defended him, i thought he was terrible.Kurt Shultz is a real close 2nd in the safety department

#2) Jeff Wright good lord was he awful

#3) OJ Simpson...LOL my old man always screaming at the TV Jim Braxton was a "better man" than OJ, and OJ was a prima donna, and Braxton would be the better runner if given a chance.

Edited by plenzmd1

Exactly, that's why I'm po'd with Adams: they let big pat go thinking Adams could handle it on his own, and all he did was stink up the joint. We should have kept pat and sent Sam "the Michelin man" packing

ahhh yes our old defense. I remember we had the all time sack leader on our team, with phil hansen, cornellius bennett, darryl talley, and many more. with just those guys they had over 300 sacks. Now i believe when you have that many sacks, they really dont have time to throw the ball or couldn't. Byrd is a great player. he had one great year of being at the right place, but next year will be the deciding marker to see if he really has the right to be a franchise FS. Oh ya, forgot mark kelso played here for 8 years, ya we didn't see anything in him. I am sure marv would have cut him if he was bad.

name our last good FS? (besides byrd) you might say henry jones, yup kelso's stats were better, Saimes? dammit, again kelso's stats were better.Now both of those players had a good defense, so i believe kelso was a great player on our team and should deserve more credit

Actually, unfortunately, there's so many. So with that in mind, I'll put it this way:

1. About 98% of the starters on the 1984-5 teams. Remember those 2-14 teams? They couldn't get out of their OWN way.

2. Most of our defense from about 2003-2009, especially against the run. Painful to watch.

ahhh yes our old defense. I remember we had the all time sack leader on our team, with phil hansen, cornellius bennett, darryl talley, and many more. with just those guys they had over 300 sacks. Now i believe when you have that many sacks, they really dont have time to throw the ball or couldn't. Byrd is a great player. he had one great year of being at the right place, but next year will be the deciding marker to see if he really has the right to be a franchise FS. Oh ya, forgot mark kelso played here for 8 years, ya we didn't see anything in him. I am sure marv would have cut him if he was bad.

name our last good FS? (besides byrd) you might say henry jones, yup kelso's stats were better, Saimes? dammit, again kelso's stats were better.Now both of those players had a good defense, so i believe kelso was a great player on our team and should deserve more credit

Pssssst .... Henry jones was a strong safety

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

1334336512[/url]' post='2436084']

Norwood? Give me a break!

You only picked him because of the Super Bowl. Norwood scored a lot of points for the Bills over his career and was a damn good kicker.

Of course I'm not picking him because of SBXXV. He was average on turf (not a strong leg) and weak on grass. When we finally got a decent kicker -Christie-, Scotty's demand was so high, he was never heard from again. IMO, it took the Bills way too long to find a better kicker. Ergo Rasputin.