The Bills first two picks......

Simon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with #10 if Floyd is truly the BPA when Buffalo picks, and the Bills are confident his off-field issues won't be a recurring concern. Don't know enough about Jeffery to comment there.

I keep flip-flopping about taking a WR at #10.

I think we will draft 1 WR in first 2 rounds- but 2 would be overkill with so many other needs. If we stay at 10 I am aok with Floyd being the pick. But the draft is deep at WR and wouldn't mind if we waited until second round to address it. And I much prefer Sanu to Jeffery

Per Rotoworld:

One NFL scout told ESPN New York that he noticed a "gut" on South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery in pre-game warmups during the college season, and the scout is under the impression that Jeffery "loves to eat."

Alshon's got his fingers crossed Buffalo takes him in the 2nd then.

Hmmmmm...Duffs...Anchor...Mighty...Hmmmmmm.

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

Better fits are Randle, Sanu, McNutt, etc. in round 2-4.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

And there's NO way we go WR with first AND second picks. This isn't Madden.

Per Rotoworld:

One NFL scout told ESPN New York that he noticed a "gut" on South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery in pre-game warmups during the college season, and the scout is under the impression that Jeffery "loves to eat."

He showed up in shape at the combine, FWIW. I get your point though - it could be an ongoing problem with him, especially after he starts getting fat checks.

I think we will draft 1 WR in first 2 rounds- but 2 would be overkill with so many other needs. If we stay at 10 I am aok with Floyd being the pick. But the draft is deep at WR and wouldn't mind if we waited until second round to address it. And I much prefer Sanu to Jeffery

This.

While I don't support taking two WRs at 1 & 2, if we ever did Sanu had better be the guy.

Why not go DeCastro/Sanu?

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

Unless they think that Stevie is more of that #2 WR and they're looking for the prototype #1 WR.

I would cross off the list anybody in the 1st round who the Bills haven't had in for a visit. If Reiff doesn't, it says they view him as a RT only which is the view of many. If Kuechly doesn't, it says they don't want to "waste" a #10 pick on the OLB position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/2012-draft-visits-and-workout-tracker/

Per Rotoworld:

He was asked about this exact thing at his Pro Day by Mike Mayock...He basically said "Never again...I'm staying at this weight (213)..."

The Scouts concerns may be legit...But...Who the heck does NOT love to eat?... ;)

number one is a left tackle. Trade up to get Kalil, go with Reiff or stretch or trade downfor Martin.

The Bills are not going to Trade up...They need picks...

And I'd rather have Cordy Glenn than Reiff or Martin...I think Glen is going to end up being the best LT outside of Kalil...I'm not sure Reiff will ever play LT in the NFL...And Martin is possibly a year or two away...Plus...Glenn can give you experienced Depth anywhere along the line... B-)

Cordy Glenn

Alshon Jefferies

:thumbsup:

Edited by KOKBILLS

That logic is just flawed all to hell. We should be looking for the best talent we can get at a position of need. If we had the opportunity to draft a Calvin Johnson do you turn him down because you are "all set" at the #1 WR position. NO! That would be ridiculous. (NO....I am not trying to say Floyd is anywhere near as good as Calvin Johnson.) Floyd is going to be a rookie. He will play where he gets put! If he pushes SJ for the #1 WR spot....FREAKING AWESOME! So much the better.

Focus on the fact that we need 2 starting caliber WRs. I don't care where they play or who is #1 or #2 or 1a and 1b it just flat out doesn't matter. We need two reliable guys that can play. As many coaches like to say that is a great problem to have.

Edited by PDaDdy

I would cross off the list anybody in the 1st round who the Bills haven't had in for a visit. If Reiff doesn't, it says they view him as a RT only which is the view of many. If Kuechly doesn't, it says they don't want to "waste" a #10 pick on the OLB position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/2012-draft-visits-and-workout-tracker/

Kuechly is a MLB.

I really would like Floyd at #10 ....

However if the Bills do pick Reiff at #10 what does everybody think about packaging our second round pick and a later round pick (I don't have the value chart so I don't know which round) to trade up to the bottom of the first round to get Fleener the Tight end from Stanford?