The Bills first two picks......

Simon

Multiple offers to trade down doesn't necessarily mean any good offers to move down. You can put a $1000 sticker on a car for sale, and just because you got multiple offers in the $50 range doesn't mean you should sell.

Obviously. And if a team has player that they think will be a star and win games for the them, there would be no reason to trade. :doh:

But again, I suspect that with the new CBA the price of trading up will increase. I'm anxious/curious to find out.

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not rule out a corner with the first pick. I think they will go with an OT in round 1 and probably a corner or linebacker in round 2. They are very weak at linebacker and corner, lacking quality and depth. Corner in not a fan favorite for a high round pick but Mckelvin has been awful and Terrence has been injury prone.

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

Better fits are Randle, Sanu, McNutt, etc. in round 2-4.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

And there's NO way we go WR with first AND second picks. This isn't Madden.

Pretty stupid post IMO. They aren't looking for a #1. Lol. They're looking for quality players. Floyd is that. Whether or not he's the pick, I do not know. What I do know is, if they don't select him, it won't be because they are looking for a #2 instead of a #1. Lunacy

Being an SEC guy (UK Alum) I've been able to see Jeffery quite frequently over the past few seasons. Jeffery is a better WR than Sidney Rice (they've followed similar paths and came from the same offense) was and for a majority of his career in college he had a drunk throwing to him in Stephen Garcia. Jeffery played a little larger in college than at his pro day and he was able to get away with it as his seperation and leaping ability on jump balls is exceptional. Mayock was in absolute love with this guy after his pro day and as long as he keeps his weight down in the NFL and plays at the weight he showed at his pro day I think he could be a fine choice.

Now with that being there are other receivers with similar builds (Brian Quick from Appy St., Marvin McNutt) who could add to the position and could be available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Now if they are looking for a receiver who is a burner you would have to take a look at T.Y. Hilton out of FIU. Kid is a playmaker and is a little bigger than Roscoe was. I wouldn't rule him out as a possibility as Chan seemed to really like a healthy Roscoe and if we want someone to stretch the field this guy can do it.

And as for our number 1 pick I'd be happy with Glenn. I agree with other posters who have stated this guy may be the 2nd best tackle in the draft. He has the body to be a LT and his upside is there as he has only really played 1 year at the position and in a tough SEC. Remember Buddy likes SEC.

Cordy Glenn and Mohammed Sanu.

I'd rather see Glenn and Jeffery if The Bills go WR in the 2nd...

I like Sanu...But I don't think he's a high 2nd Round Prospect...I would be more comfortable with a CB in the 2nd, and Sanu in the 3rd... B-)

Being an SEC guy (UK Alum) I've been able to see Jeffery quite frequently over the past few seasons. Jeffery is a better WR than Sidney Rice (they've followed similar paths and came from the same offense) was and for a majority of his career in college he had a drunk throwing to him in Stephen Garcia. Jeffery played a little larger in college than at his pro day and he was able to get away with it as his seperation and leaping ability on jump balls is exceptional. Mayock was in absolute love with this guy after his pro day and as long as he keeps his weight down in the NFL and plays at the weight he showed at his pro day I think he could be a fine choice.

And as for our number 1 pick I'd be happy with Glenn. I agree with other posters who have stated this guy may be the 2nd best tackle in the draft. He has the body to be a LT and his upside is there as he has only really played 1 year at the position and in a tough SEC. Remember Buddy likes SEC.

Agree 100%...Would LOVE to see Glenn and Jeffery in Buffalo... B-)

#10 - Michael Floyd

#41 - Alshon Jeffery

-----------------------------------------------------

I BIG NO to Michael Floyd in round 1.

Huge yes to either Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffery if one of them is there for our second pick.

I'd rather see Glenn and Jeffery if The Bills go WR in the 2nd...

I like Sanu...But I don't think he's a high 2nd Round Prospect...I would be more comfortable with a CB in the 2nd, and Sanu in the 3rd... B-)

Agree 100%...Would LOVE to see Glenn and Jeffery in Buffalo... B-)

We can't draft Glenn and Jefferey. If they bonded they would both eat their selves out of the league. :nana: I would seriosly be jazzed if we drafted T.Y. Hilton. He has got great game speed. He should be in the third if we don't go WR in the first two rounds.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

The Bills will take the best player available at 10 & then start addressing needs after that. I could see us taking Floyd or Coples at ten & then going after Mike Adams if he falls to us at the top of the second round. Either way - we will be a better team

So Simon - how come you have not posted your thoughts to your own scenario and the 4+ pages worth of responses ? Did you mean to say that you like these choices or just doing market research on behalf of the FO ? :)

He's conducting a psychology experiment.