Why I THINK we need to go WR rd1

Let me start off by saying that besides kahlil falling or picking decastro I don't see a T worth the 10th pick. Now iv been reading and watching about how deep the WR class is the year and I agree.. sorta.. If you go to espn.com/nfl/draft and watch the new fallin into place video with mccshay he talks about how 3-4 WRs will no doubt go round 1, and the fact that the first 9 out of 10 teams in the 2nd round have a glaring need at WR also, So if we don't go WR first, I can see us getting screwed on trying to get a true no 2 receiver, which is why I think its a prioriety to go WR first

I really don't see us picking on defense, besides, Floyd is the better player @ 10 btwn him and Kuechly.

Yeaaa no he's not. LB is still our biggest weakness and outside of Barnett, we have mediocre players. LB's will get you immediate production whereas a WR takes about 2 to 3 years to have their breakout years (with the exception of a few). Floyd is not the better player. Kuechly is a safer pick that fills a need for this team and will produce from day one.

We can draft Kuechly and still get a WR that produces like a Sanu, and theres always a possibility that Stephen Hill will be available in the 2nd round.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Should be an interesting 1st round. When you're drafting at #10, you need to get a stud regardless of need. Starting to like the idea of another defensive lineman, specifically Fletcher Cox if he's there at #10. Guy is a monster and can play end or tackle in the mold of Justin Tuck. Giants have the blue-print on beating Brady and Pats. Bills would be wise to copy that model. Plus, Kyle Williams is coming off a pretty serious surgery.

Should be an interesting 1st round. When you're drafting at #10, you need to get a stud regardless of need. Starting to like the idea of another defensive lineman, specifically Fletcher Cox if he's there at #10. Guy is a monster and can play end or tackle in the mold of Justin Tuck. Giants have the blue-print on beating Brady and Pats. Bills would be wise to copy that model. Plus, Kyle Williams is coming off a pretty serious surgery.

The Bills will not draft Defensive Line at #10. We already have someone better that Justin Tuck.

Selective memory is fun.

WTH good is a deep speed WR if the QB doesn't have the time in the pocket to get him the ball? A wasted draft pick that's what!

Last years team really went into the crapper when center Eric Wood went down in that Jets game week 9. Dem Bell was also injured most of last year and had only 6 starts. Between a rookie at LT and the bills struggling to find a fill in for Wood, last years O line was a fiasco. Fans see that the line gave up very few sacks so they think the line is fine.... It is far from fine! Fitz can get rid of the ball in 1.5 seconds and has great escape ability, along with a short passing game is why the line gave up so few sacks.

Priority one should be building up that O line so the QB has time to throw all the plays in the play book, and not just the short routes. OT & G

Do the Bills need better LB'ers.. You Bet! Do the Bills need a better #2 WR...You Bet! But not as badly as they need to add talent, and depth to the O line :D

Fletcher Cox a 4-3 DE in the mold of Justin Tuck? I think that's a bit of a stretch bro. Cox is 6'4" and all of 300 pounds...pure 4-3 DT. Justin Tuck is 6'5" 270 with vastly superior athletic ability. Cox is a sound prospect, and I definitely think we need to draft a DT this year, but not until after round 3.

1334027406[/url]' post='2433566']

Yeaaa no he's not. LB is still our biggest weakness and outside of Barnett, we have mediocre players. LB's will get you immediate production whereas a WR takes about 2 to 3 years to have their breakout years (with the exception of a few). Floyd is not the better player. Kuechly is a safer pick that fills a need for this team and will produce from day one.

We can draft Kuechly and still get a WR that produces like a Sanu, and theres always a possibility that Stephen Hill will be available in the 2nd round.

Lol. Has mike Mayock joined tsw?? Floyd MIGHT be a better player than kuechly. That's one thing I KNOW. You don't know that kuechly is a better player. On another note, Floyd, if drafted, will play Wr. The same position he played at ND. Kuechly, if drafted by the bills, might be asked to switch positions, going from inside to outside. At that point, anything you KNOW goes out the window at that point. He might be an amazing OLB or he might not make the adjustment and plays erratic. It's not a forgone conclusion that kuechly will be a more productive player than Floyd, as you say.

I would be happy with Floyd or kuechly. I agree that adding sanu (preferable Rueben randle if he's there) makes me lean towards drafting kuechly. On the other side, I'd be happier with Floyd and Lavonte David. It's hard to predict who's gonna fall to the 2nd rd this year. I'd wouldn't be surprised to see David, sanu and randle all get drafted in the top 20-25.

honestly do really need to draft a wr that high??

For me i honestly would be happy if we dont even draft a WR. If we bulk up on some killer OL, we can win with what we have. David nelson almost had 700 yards, stevie got his 1000. freed had 442 and chandler had almost 400. Now some of those numbers arent amazing, but if we had a killer OL fitzy could actually have time to throw the ball like he did in the first 5 games before injuries started. I think if we succeed in beefing up our OL i believe what we have and some undrafted wr's will be all we need.

Don't forget about Easley and Jones. The Bills LIKED these guys going into the season last year -- anyone remember how they felt good enough about the WR corps they traded Lee Evans for a 4th? Both of those guys are healthy and will have a full offseason program and training camp.

I don't think the Bills will pick a WR at #10.

Don't forget about Easley and Jones. The Bills LIKED these guys going into the season last year -- anyone remember how they felt good enough about the WR corps they traded Lee Evans for a 4th? Both of those guys are healthy and will have a full offseason program and training camp.

Well the only WR they've brought in has been Blackmon. So there is the possibility that they will pick him via a trade up or the other way, which is doubtful it would happen, by him falling to the Bills at #10.

I think these are their options to take care of the WR hole:

WR Plan A: Blackman in the 1st.

WR Plan B: Sanu or Quick in the 2nd.

WR Plan C: Hill in a 1st rd trade down scenario.

WR Plan D: Call TO after the draft.

If your happy with easly who hasn't played at all and jones and the rest of our mediocre WR's then thats your opinion but IMO WR is the biggest need. Not going after bell as hard or giving him as much money as the eagles offerd is tellin me there happy with our oline as it is. Even when our oline was healthy at the begining of the year we still rarely got deep ball passes. That's because besides stevie and nelson (sometimes) our WR's can't get seperation or go up and get a jump ball or catch a ball thrown behind them like fitz likes to do so much. That's where floyd or blackmon comes in. And for everyone saying wait for round 2 or 3 for a WR like I said in my first post 9-10 of the first teams that pick in round 2 need a WR. Floyd blackmon kendal and possibly hill will be gone in the 1st. We could end up getting screwed on a no.2 WR all together

Exactly. While Easley hasn't played a snap, he has been around the system for two years. The odds are greater that he will contribute more than any rookie. Gotta have another body at LT who will most likely see action during the year.

Exactly. While Easley hasn't played a snap, he has been around the system for two years. The odds are greater that he will contribute more than any rookie. Gotta have another body at LT who will most likely see action during the year.

I am on the same page A guy like Glenn could be the perfect fit. He can be groomed for LT, rotating in with Hairston. Or could play either gaurd spot. Glenn started his entire senior year at LT and was an all SEC performer. he went against the best in the country every week.

If Buddy takes him i would believe he thinks Glenn is the real deal.

I think we need to draft both a WR AND an OT... Just not sure in which order... And I have serious doubts about whether Blackmon/Floyd will even still be on the board at #10... I am interested to see what Buddy does... His first draft sucked (0 starters so far) last years draft was very good... At least at #10 Buddy has the "pick of the litter" to choose from of the OT's mentioned... If Floyd were still available he'd have the capability to package picks #2 and #3 to try to move back into the mid 20's perhaps and pick up one of the OT's still left...

It will be interesting to see what he does... Hopefully, no RB surprises....

I think Kuechly is a good player, but not a top 10 pick at lb...remember that in a 4-3 look, you can win with avg or just above avg lb play. The d line is the key to the d, and then I def think secondary. Floyd would be a true number 2 on the outside, whereas a player like Sanu doesn't have the skills to win on the outside consistently enough. He's prob better suited to play a slot role, much like Colston. If they think Floyd is the real deal, then they should take him.

Interesting that San Diego never drafted a Notre Dame player when Nix was there. Nix passed on Claussen twice when QB was a huge need. Claussen seems to be buddies with Floyd as he threw to him at his pro day. Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Notre Dame players.

Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Claussen.

I am not thrilled with Kuechly, as our pick, but i might also have to face that he might be BPA and would make a big impact soon. i see us getting quality receivers outside of the first round too. tough draft year for us i feel. I guess we were spoiled rotten last year with so many hits especially M. D.

Maybe Nix just isn't a fan of Claussen.

Probably, but it's also interesting that our top 3 picks in each of Nix's drafts have all been from the Southeast, Nix's old stomping grounds. Our only pick of significance not from Southeast the last 2 years was 4th rounder Easley from UConn. Williams and Anderson, our big free agent signings also played college ball in the Southeast. Nix clearly has a comfort level with players from that area and also probably has deep connections to their college coaches. That's why I highly doubt we draft Floyd and there's even less possibility of drafting him if Nix doesn't bring him in for a visit.