Mel Kiper's New 2 Round Mock Draft

Heres the thing about having a deep threat, theyre useless if the qb cant throw it deep accurately, Fitz's deep ball sucks, so why target a one dimensional deep threat

Because:

1.) Because you will still hit on some of them

2.) because you will still get Pass Interference calls

3.) just throwing them causes the defense to have to atleast cover it and not just sit on the run game and short passes

4.) if you get a very good deep threat receiver, their size and skill can make up for Fitz's lack of pinpoint accuracy (they demonstrated on MNF how big of a catching radius that Calvin Johnson has. I was something like 11ft high and 14ft wide)

And also:

And because if you decide Fitz' arm is holding you back, when you add a better QB next year, at least you already have the WR to throw to.

There's not a set order to building up a team. Your team needs a deep threat - you get one.

Solid Draft it fills the two biggest needs along the offensive side of the ball. Leaves the 3rd and both 4th rounders to address the LB core and defensive depth in general. I think Floyd would be a better pick but you have to think about need too.

Drafting Rieff and Quick would fill the two biggest needs on offense?

As Hopeful suggested, OT and WR are the two biggest needs generally but those two players in particular?

And how would you address CarolinaBill and Maddog's comments about why it's necessary for all teams to have a deep threat?

Actually, I said One Dimensional deep threat, like Lee Evans (one of my fav bills of recent yrs). I get the need for a guy that CAN go deep, which btw stevie has shown SOME ability to do, but he needs to do more.

I think this is your typical Kiper/Banks, straightforward, "anyone on the mesage board could do this", no inside info, mock. I don't think anyone has any clue where the Bills are going on 10, including the Bills. But, its worth noting that almost no one thinks Reiff is worth a number 10 pick. And many feel the same about Martin. This, combined with the fact that Buddy won't reach for players, makes me think this is a load of ****.

By the way, if Buddy won't reach for players when he has SEVERAL holes to fill, how is he going to feel now that he has, essentially, the luxury of picking the best player available?

I was going to give you a +1, but had to deduct for the comment, in bold...Really?

10 Buffalo Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Buffalo has passed on offensive line options in recent years, but Reiff would be a good option to buck the trend. The Bills have made big strides on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, and that allows them to focus on shoring up the offense. Reiff will help protect, but is a complete player and will provide a spark in the running game as well.

Don Bank's New Mock (4.0)10 Buffalo Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa The Bills are another team thought to have Floyd on their radar, but the value of getting a potential blindside tackle for quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick keeps me returning to Reiff as the safer and more sensible pick.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1r6dxGIbD

41 Buffalo Brian Quick WR Appalachian St. - A favorite of mine, Quick has big-time size and can stretch the field. Buffalo lacks a true deep threat.

One thing Nix and Co have demonstrated the last two years is a tendency to ignore what the pundits proclaim the "safe and sensible pick".

If it matches their views (Dareus) they will make it, if it doesn't (Spiller, Aaron Williams) they won't and said pundits will loudly proclaim that the Bills have had an awful draft.

I was going to give you a +1, but had to deduct for the comment, in bold...Really?

I think what he meant by that is that the Bills won't know exactly who they are going to pick until they are on the clock. They will obvioulsy a target list of players but they don't know who may fall to them. I don't think it was meant as a slam on the Bills.

I like Quick. However, I was hoping he'd there at 3 if we pass on Floyd at 1. I'm now of the opinion that Hairston is our LT this year. Accordingly, here's how I'd like to go:

1) Floyd (WR); 2) Bobby Wagner or Lavonte David (OLB); and 3) Josh Robinson or Dwight Bentley (CB). If we're going WR in 2 (which means we took Gilmore at 10) I'd take Sanu over Quick. He's money in the bank = Hakeem Nicks.

I think this is your typical Kiper/Banks, straightforward, "anyone on the mesage board could do this", no inside info, mock. I don't think anyone has any clue where the Bills are going on 10, including the Bills. But, its worth noting that almost no one thinks Reiff is worth a number 10 pick. And many feel the same about Martin. This, combined with the fact that Buddy won't reach for players, makes me think this is a load of ****.

By the way, if Buddy won't reach for players when he has SEVERAL holes to fill, how is he going to feel now that he has, essentially, the luxury of picking the best player available?

1. Nix also said he thinks there are 2-3 guys who can start day one at LT in this draft. That means he thinks one and maybe two of those tackles (other than Kalil) are worthy of the top 10 pick (although he may not necessarily pick one, if, say, he likes a WR or CB or LB significantly better than those 1-2 guys. It may be Reiff, we do not know.

2. IMO, Nix doesn't really have the luxury of BPA, he is only going to choose from four positions, LT, WR, CB and LB, with the possible exception of Tannehill if he is available AND Nixx loves him, which I personally don't think either is going to happen. The Bills are close to being a playoff team and they clearly only need two starters as of right now, and Nix is very likely going to fill one of them in his first two picks, and a good chance of both, which is LT and WR.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

we need an OT or two. We need a WR or two. I would not hate this draft.

The OT that we need is not Reiff. Reiff is Gallery Part II. Wouldn't mind us taking two OT's, as long as one of them is not Reiff. The WR I've never heard of so kinda iffy, but those two combined would be a HUGE disappointment after our offseason to date. JMO.

10 Buffalo Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Buffalo has passed on offensive line options in recent years, but Reiff would be a good option to buck the trend. The Bills have made big strides on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, and that allows them to focus on shoring up the offense. Reiff will help protect, but is a complete player and will provide a spark in the running game as well.

Don Bank's New Mock (4.0)10 Buffalo Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa The Bills are another team thought to have Floyd on their radar, but the value of getting a potential blindside tackle for quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick keeps me returning to Reiff as the safer and more sensible pick.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1r6dxGIbD

41 Buffalo Brian Quick WR Appalachian St. - A favorite of mine, Quick has big-time size and can stretch the field. Buffalo lacks a true deep threat.

Hard to argue, isn't it!

Draft these guys, sign them up, and go to the playoffs!!

Simple, huh!