If Trent Richardson falls to us

We could have 2 young studs at the position. I know we have more needs at other positions like WR OLB CB OT. BUT and its a big BUTT . If we could trade jackson for a 2nd or 3rd and have richardson and spiller . Jackson is 31 and richardson is 22? so what you guys think. I am not saying we should do i am simply asking would YOU do it?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have 2 young studs at the position. I know we have more needs at other positions like WR OLB CB OT. BUT and its a big BUTT . If we could trade jackson for a 2nd or 3rd and have richardson and spiller . Jackson is 31 and richardson is 22? so what you guys think. I am not saying we should do i am simply asking would YOU do it?

Nope. The compensation we would receive for Fred Jackson would not be worth making the deal.

I would. I love Freddy, but I'm an Alabama fan and have watched Richardson the last few years. I think he's going to be something special in the NFL. There were a couple games this year where he carried the Tide entirely on his back. He's the kind of player that makes the whole team better. Besides, the more Crimson Tide players, the better!

If Trent Richardson falls to us you let him keep falling if nobody wants to trade up.

ehhhh tough one. Freddy isnt getting any younger, so we're about to lose our "grinder" in the next year or so. Depends on who else is available.

I'll die laughing if Richardson falls (meaning our other options have been picked), and our choice comes down to a RB or a CB (Gilmore) in the 1st round. TSW will shut down. :lol:

As someone who has defended the Spiller pick since day 1, this would be indefensible.

Unlike Lynch are we getting rid of Fred Jackson and nobody knows it? Despite everyone's hate and luxury pick bust label that they have tried to slap on him before he was ever given a chance Spiller is a REALLY good RB and is more versatile and faster than Richardson.

Spiller is so versatile that he actually played WR for us this year with all the injuries. Richardson can catch out of the backfield but he doesn't have THAT kind of versatility. Richardson is NOT slow but he is not nearly as fast as Spiller timed or in game play. Give Spiller a hole for once and he is GONE!!!

His 7.1 YPC in the last 5 games of the year and 5.2 ypc for the season prove that he is a rare talent. Unlike FJ he also did this without our near probowl center Eric Woods by the way ;)

Edited by PDaDdy

Richardson would be a great pick but I think trading Fred would be a mistake. After Buddy telling the media, Fred and his agent they are going to offer an extension, to back out on that would be a blow to the Bills credibility and IMO hurt our chances at other FAs in the future

So, give him an extension and then trade him, I like the idea. Why do we really care that we will not be compensated fairly

for Freddy, we have our feature back for years to come, and we can make Spiller the WR that we desperatley need. Chan was

gonna have difficulty getting them enough touches at RB anyway. Pull the trigger, getrdone.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matterdead horse is being currently being discussedbeaten to death or has already been discussedbeaten to death in a previousthousand other threads.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Wow, what a unique idea! I'm thinking Mario Williams has 5 years on him and is always injured maybe we could trade him too.

Fitz is 30 already and clearly going downhill. We could trade a bunch of these over the hill players and have 10 picks in the 4th round.

Plus free up money too extend Kelsay!

Just trying to think outside the box here.

If Richardson is there the first thing I look for is a great trade down after that I'd look for interest in Spiller because I don't trust him as an every down back over the long haul- maybe it's just preference in what I want in a RB - very few negative plays, tough running, pass blocking, pass catching - actually off field antics aside Lynch was more my idea of a back that gets you to the play-offs than Spiller.

Wow, what a unique idea! I'm thinking Mario Williams has 5 years on him and is always injured maybe we could trade him too.

Fitz is 30 already and clearly going downhill. We could trade a bunch of these over the hill players and have 10 picks in the 4th round.

So Best Player Available, you're saying you dont want Best Player Available? :P

If Richardson is there the first thing I look for is a great trade down after that I'd look for interest in Spiller because I don't trust him as an every down back over the long haul- maybe it's just preference in what I want in a RB - very few negative plays, tough running, pass blocking, pass catching - actually off field antics aside Lynch was more my idea of a back that gets you to the play-offs than Spiller.

I'd say this can get you to the play offs.

His 7.1 YPC in the last 5 games of the year and 5.2 ypc for the season prove that he is a rare talent. Unlike FJ he also did this without our near probowl center Eric Woods by the way.

Please see through the coach speak about how many carries a game he can handle. He averaged 11 carries a game as the starter. He also averaged 4 catches a game the last 5 games as well so we are talking 15 touches a game. Anything less than 15 touches is idiotic in my opinion for such a talented young man. Five more touches a game is minimal compared to all of the practice, workouts, drills and scrimmages these guys go through.

Believe me I hear what you are saying though. Spiller is 5'11" 197lb not a 5'11" 230 bruiser. At his size he is still slightly bigger than Chris Johnson for reference. I do agree you need one bruiser on the team somewhere just for those occasions but I would rather have a Thurman Thomas type than a Brandon Jacobs type if you have to have one or the other.

If FJ had just retired, Richardson was coming out AND we were more of a running team I would be fine with getting Richardson. With the current reality...not so much.

Edited by PDaDdy

Whoever writes your material needs to be executed. What an unthoughtout unwitty waste of time for all of our readers.