If Trent Richardson falls to us

We could have 2 young studs at the position. I know we have more needs at other positions like WR OLB CB OT. BUT and its a big BUTT . If we could trade jackson for a 2nd or 3rd and have richardson and spiller . Jackson is 31 and richardson is 22? so what you guys think. I am not saying we should do i am simply asking would YOU do it?

No one is going to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Jackson, because he is 31 and coming back off a leg injury.

We know "FredEx Delivers" but to the rest of the league he didn't get it done

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough one.

I would not pick him at 10. With Bell gone LT becomes our most pressing need. But if he was on the board at 10 you would have to think hard about passing him up because he by far would be the BPA.

If we do would pick him we would have to find a trade partner for Spiller.

Detroit, cleveland, Vikings( because of AP's injury), Could be landing spots for Spiller.

Then we would have the best Backfield in the league by far. Both Jackson and Richardson can take it to the house on any play. I know you can say the same thing about Spiller but I think Richardson is a bigger back.

Last week I said we should NOT pass on Richardson, because at 10 without a doubt he would be the most valuable player! No other player would have his value at 10 .... guys like reiff and martin come a dime a dozen...look at where we have drafted most of the players on our offensive line....look at where we drafted Hairston last year..... I'm not say Richardson is a need but he would the most talented player on the board

No question IF Richardson was there he MAY be the most talented player overall, but unless you're talking about Trading Down for picks, it really means nothing to the 2012 Buffalo Bills...

He's a RB...And no matter how good he is chances are Arian Foster is better, and he was not even drafted...Richardson would have to be an awfully good Pro to be as good as Freddie...And Freddie was un-drafted...Starting to see a pattern here? Add to that The Bills absolutely do not need a RB...Freddie was 3rd in the NFL in Rushing when he got hurt...Spiller was taken at #8 overall and showed serious flashes late last Season, they spent a 4th Round Pick on Johnny White last year, and they resigned Choice...This is an area of ZERO need in Buffalo, and that sure as heck does matter when you are talking about being able to chose a player, at a need position, who is one of the top 10 players in an entire Draft...That player, in theory, should be a Starter at a need position...Something The Bills desperately need...

The last thing The Bills need is another RB, or OG for that matter...Especially when you're talking about the 1st few Rounds of this Draft...This Team is a couple moves away from contending...And they do have areas of decent depth believe it or not...They have to fill the holes now...Not later...And RB is definitely not a hole... B-)

1 RB in the 1st round is a questionable idea. 2 in the span of 3 years is a catastrophe. Fred is better than this guy and he is under contract. Same with Spiller.

Marshawn lynch 11th pick 2007

CJ spiller 9th pick 2010

Not in our organizations mind

It would be either 3 in 6 drafts or 4 in 10 drafts. McGahee, Lynch, Spiller, and the ridiculously hypothetical Richardson selection.

I was referring to the already ridiculous history; adding to it now would take that into the realm of absurd.

What?

No love for Travis Henry?

:)

Everybody missed the obvious:

No, because Buddy gave Fred his word that they would get his extension done before training camp. They just needed the time to focus on UFAs first. We are learning that this has more bearing than anything.

Sooner, or later, Bills fans are going to learn that Buddy Chan pretty much do what they say. I am sure the situation would have to be drastic for them not to do what they say.

Richardson falling to 10? Not drastic enough.