Justin Blackmon was in town last night

If Browns take Tannehill and Bucs take Richardson, that means Rams can choose between Claiborne and Blackmon.

Tough choice.

They just signed Finnegan this offseason though so there need at cb isn't as great here is a list of their wr's and it is scary bad.

Brandon Gibson

Dominique Curry

Danario Alexander

Greg Salas

Steve Smith (the former Giant)

Mark Clayton

Danny Amendola

The only thing that would help is fisher being a defensive minded hc so he may lean towards shoring up that spot. I think if they don't take Blackmon they look to trade down near us and draft an olineman so maybe they are a viable trading partner. Still though I say they take Blackmon if he is there. I also feel there is minimal chance for the Browns to take Tannehill at 4, if that is who they want they might trade down to 6 or 7 if not later.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Tempo? I'm from out of town. Now I want to check it out when I'm up for a game.

I still don't see him getting past the Browns, but I wonder what it would take to trade from 10th to 5th? Would our 2nd suffice?

I think swapping 1st rounds and a 2nd to a team that can prob get their target at 10 would get the job done.

WR's usually fall on draft day. If he lasts to #7, I could see us trading up with Jacksonville. They have a lot of needs and could probably still get Coples or Ingram at #10 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder.

i'd like this. I wouldn't trade the second, just saying it could be done.

just because they are talking to him doesnt mean they are considering trading up, this is more of a just in case he falls scenario

the Bills would most likely have to jump to 4 in order to get him and I dont see Buddy giving up what it would take to get to the 4th pick

Edited by Max997

Right on. Outside of Luck, Blackmon is the closest "sure thing" pick of all. You absolutely give up a 2nd round pick to get a talent of his magnitude. Re-sign Bell and watch the Bills vault into the upper echilon.

I agree 100% that is was probably just the Bills exhibiting their due diligence, but what if Nix wants Blackmon really bad? Would you put it past him to make a bold move this year? I wouldn't. Personally, I would give up our 2nd rounder to trade up to 5th and get him. Get a journeyman LT in FA and let Hairston start.

It's possible but not the most likely explanation. Could be a host of things. Most likely "just in case he slides." Thats most likely by a loooong shot.

other obscure reasons: in case they have to play him (miami for instance), in case they are interested in the OK State offense while evaluating another player that they are keeping quiet (weeden? what were the reads on this play?), to get a read on him in case he becomes available down the line in FA or a trade, maybe they are interested in a guy that covered him and are trying to get a read on what that corner was up against or what an opponent saw on the field (so on this play how did you beat so and so, or what did this guy do so well that kept you in check)..... there are a lot of reasons to talk to a guy. odds are we will talk to a huge number we never actually target for the sake answering random questions a fan might not think of, and not the obvious "we are dying to trade up to get him."

Edited by NoSaint

Yes, but he is no AJ Green

In mathematical terms, there is insufficient data of Blackmon being as good as AJ Green in the pro game...

However, based on college performance there is sufficent data comparing Blackmon and Green as almost on par with eachother

In the long run, odds are the Rams will draft Blackmon--because they have a short stash of offensive weapons!

Edit: Warren Moon pointed out recently he compares Blackmon closest to Dez Bryant---but, with brain cells!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

There is no way Blackmon slides all the way to us. We would have to trade up to get him. There is an incredibly small chance the Rams pass on him. Even if they do, who do the Jags have at WR that they would pass on him too? Who do the Dolphins have that they would pass on him? The Panthers? Other then an aging Steve Smith, they have no one. To get Blackmon, you have to trade up to either 5 or 6, and with how much our FO likes trading picks, I'm guessing that's not happening.

If it's true that Claiborne is being flown in too, maybe Bills are seriously considering a trade up.

Sure, I got no problem trading up for a CB that ran a 4.5 40 at the combine, and had surgery on his wrist a week ago to repair a torn ligament.

Just remember, he probably won't be able to participate much in any of these:

• Friday, May 11 – Sunday, May 13 – Rookie & First-year players Mini-camp
  • Tuesday, May 29 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, May 31 and Friday, June 1 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 5 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday, June 7 and Friday, June 8 - Organized Team Activities
  • Monday, June 11 and Tuesday, June 12 - Organized Team Activities
  • Thursday June 14 and Friday, June 15 - Organized Team Activities
  • Tuesday, June 19 – Thursday, June 21 - Mini-camp (Mandatory for all players)

What should Buddy offer for a chance to move up and draft the speed-challenged gimp? Our first and third round picks, and our 2nd 4th? :beer: