Bills awarded compensatory pick

Dan III

Recent Buffalo 1st rounders:

Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams

Recent Buffalo 7th rounders:

Stevie Johnson, Demetrius Bell, Michael Jasper (crossing my fingers on this one)

I love this stuff.. but thank goodness the regimes that picked those two clowns are long gone. Buddy hits it well on the first rounders IMHO. The Jasper experiment has looked like a rough one so far, but if he's put himself in the right hands this off-season, he has the size, strength and athleticism to be a decent o-lineman. He looked lost on the field last year. Like one would expect from a juco transfer

By the way, we now own the 71st pick in round three! The Saints lost pick #59, so the value creeps up slightly! Houston will undoubtedly garner a 3rd rounder for the loss of Mario Williams next year, bank on it. The award of picks are as such....

One third rounder (Oakland)

Eight fourth rounders

Three fifth rounders

Six sixth rounders and

fourteen seventh rounders! The Packers and Jets have the most with four.

Trade it for a 6th in 2013 and every year thereafter trade it up one round for the following years draft...

In all seriousness I would use it to draft a punter. Time for Moorman to go.

Shawn Powell, P, FSU :thumbsup:

He would have led the nation in punting this season, but was a few attempts short of the minimum to qualify. He's been nothing but spectacular during his 4 years here at FSU. He can also place the ball wherever you want it. He dropped some amazing punts out of bounds inside the 5 this past season.

Edited by Ramius

The Jets got 4 comp picks, why?

The Patriots got zero. Is that an NFL first?

In my recollection, yes, it is. In the past they've always seemed to have gotten more than their share of comp picks (kind of like getting to play us off the bye week an astounding 4 years in a row (mathematical odds of that happening by accident, about 4,000 to 1), but that may have just been my opinion.....

In my recollection, yes, it is. In the past they've always seemed to have gotten more than their share of comp picks (kind of like getting to play us off the bye week an astounding 4 years in a row (mathematical odds of that happening by accident, about 4,000 to 1), but that may have just been my opinion.....

The system for determining number of picks is really easy, so I'm not sure how the nfl would fudge it. Essentially by trading back they replace vets with rookies more often than other teams. Which gives then more comp picks, and cycles back to more drafted players joining the roster

Which 4 years are you refering to? The Jets played Green Bay coming off the bye in 2010 and Jacksonville in 2009.

Edit: nevermind, I see you mean the Pats* 2004-2007.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Shawn Powell, P, FSU :thumbsup:

He would have led the nation in punting this season, but was a few attempts short of the minimum to qualify. He's been nothing but spectacular during his 4 years here at FSU. He can also place the ball wherever you want it. He dropped some amazing punts out of bounds inside the 5 this past season.

:thumbsup:

Glad others noticed...this bugged the heck out of me.