The sky tonight

gomper

COOL!!!! The crescent is there too! The

crescent is a part of the sorority that I joined

in college.

Lot's of little stars too. I'm near the flight

path of the Dallas Fort Worth airport here

in Arlington. It sure is cool seeing planes

flying through the moon and the 2 planets!

Jupiter and Venus have been dancing for most of the month of march. Catch them together while you can! We were camping on March 9-11, and the 2 were nearly on to of each other. I was almost able to get both of them into the same field of view on my telescope.

Western sky- Jupiter is below the Moon and Venus is above it.....Mars is in the Eastern sky......very trippy :)

The other night I thought I saw green jets of gas erupting from the Martian surface.

Jupiter and Venus have been dancing for most of the month of march. Catch them together while you can! We were camping on March 9-11, and the 2 were nearly on to of each other. I was almost able to get both of them into the same field of view on my telescope.

NERD!!!!!

Newtonian, Dobsonian, or Cassegrain?

i last looked about two weeks ago. i think 3 jupiter moons were visible. i like watching them move as much as the planet itself. Venus, despite it's name, aint much to look at but the alignment is very cool. with that sliver of moon, i'm hoping for some clear nights to try and find some deep space stuff. it's always disappointing to see some faint blur that looks incredible in astrophotographs but it's still very cool

i last looked about two weeks ago. i think 3 jupiter moons were visible. i like watching them move as much as the planet itself. Venus, despite it's name, aint much to look at but the alignment is very cool. with that sliver of moon, i'm hoping for some clear nights to try and find some deep space stuff. it's always disappointing to see some faint blur that looks incredible in astrophotographs but it's still very cool

Jupiter's moons change nightly. When we had the scope out on the 10th, all 4 were visible.

Jupiter's moons change nightly. When we had the scope out on the 10th, all 4 were visible.

i have a goto scope that i had out that night which was clear and still. i kept requesting hard to find stuff and it would get near them and then shut off. took me til it was too late to realize that my outside power outlet had tripped for some reason and the batteries in my scope were nearly dead so the scope wasn't getting enough juice. oh well, there will be other good nights.

Still there. Venus is now just a little below and to the side of the moon while jupiter is quite a ways below. Mars still to the east. Astronomy is the **** I'll admit I'm a space nerd. Wife and I honeymooned in French polynesia. Sitting on the deck of our overwater bungalow every night gave us almost surreal views of the sky. We sat out there and drank and just took it all in. Made you feel very small in the universe. Would love to be doing that again on a nights like tonight/last night