Round 1 - Michael Floyd,

Round 2 - Lavonte David,

Round 3 - Brandon Boykin,

Round 4 - Matt McCants, Joe Adams,

Round 5 - Marcus Forston, Brock Osweiler,

Round 6 - Deangelo Peterson,

Round 7 - Aaron Henry

Astro, I've got few questions about the picks:

1. Are they going to fix the draft order? Buffalo has 10, 41, 72 etc before the comp picks are added to change rounds 4 and on.

2. Are the picks what you think the Bills will do or what you want them to do?

3. Morrison is going to the be SAM (per several interviews/reports) and Barnett the Will, does that change your drafting of David?

I am still left wondering IF Malcom Floyd is BPA, which is exactly what Buffalo will select at that point in the draft! My feeling is that the Bills can now take the strengths of this draft, and pick solid, if not superior talent at DT, CB, or WR (later on in the process!). I'd love a DT like Fletcher Cox to anchor the DT position for years to come! Cornerback should be the next selection, and there is good players at 41. Sean Spence will still be there, IMO, at 71, and ghe would benefit with a year in the weight room an adding to his frame, going forward. Marvin McNutt is a talent and should be around at 104. Just a few thoughts on the topic gents!!

Dear LynchMob,

The order is correct. The Bills will draft #10, #42, #74, #105, #124, #137, #139, #169, and #199.

Morrison's role, unless I miss my guess, will be backup. Watch for at least 2 more in the draft.

I don't make the picks; the computer makes the picks for all 32 teams, using all of our positional needs (currently, LT, WR, CB and OLB43 are all set to P2, which gives us the BPA. The "Reach" is currently set at 15, which means the computer won't reach down DraftTek's BigBoard more than 15 slots. The computer will take the player with the least reach from the P2's, and if there is none, moves to P3, and so on.

I can make a GRAB for any player I want but it defeats the purpose of DraftTek, IMHO.

Dear LynchMob,

The order is correct. The Bills will draft #10, #42, #74, #105, #124, #137, #139, #169, and #199.

Morrison's role, unless I miss my guess, will be backup. Watch for at least 2 more in the draft.

I don't make the picks; the computer makes the picks for all 32 teams, using all of our positional needs (currently, LT, WR, CB and OLB43 are all set to P2, which gives us the BPA. The "Reach" is currently set at 15, which means the computer won't reach down DraftTek's BigBoard more than 15 slots. The computer will take the player with the least reach from the P2's, and if there is none, moves to P3, and so on.

I can make a GRAB for any player I want but it defeats the purpose of DraftTek, IMHO.

That order is actually incorrect per the Bills themselves:

Per Bills

Buffalo will pick 10th in round one, 41st overall in round two (9th in the round) and 72nd overall in round three (8th in the round). Knowing the overall picks beyond round three will not be known until after compensatory picks are awarded in March. Compensatory picks begin at the end of round three.

What is known is Buffalo will pick 10th in round four, ninth in round five, eighth in round six and 10th in round seven.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but as a base the order in the entire draft for those picks are off and as such any simulation is going to be off.

I've looked on NFL.com, gbnreport and they all corroborate it.

Draft Order

Seeing Coach Wannstedt's defenses in the past, and the way he's spoken specifically about Morrison unsolicited on Sirius and other outlets, I'm more than happy to watch and disagree on your assessment of his role in the team.

Joe Buscaglia's Mock

10) Buffalo Bills - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

- This was a tough call for me. It came down to picking between Michael Floyd and Stanford's Jonathan Martin. On one hand, I know the Bills' need for a starting left tackle is great. They constantly say Chris Hairston has a ways to go to become a dependable starter, I get that. But in the case of Martin, I just don't know if he's worth the pick with a talent like Michael Floyd still on the board. Sure, receiver isn't as pressing a need as an offensive tackle, but getting a firm, number two wide receiver to compliment Stevie Johnson is critical to what the Bills can do on offense. Donald Jones, while a good blocker, just isn't getting it done. Floyd has the size, speed, strength, jumping ability and hands to be a dependable target for his quarterback. With the way Buddy Nix has shown he'll draft in the past, they'll take the best player on the board. Floyd is it in this scenario.

41) Buffalo Bills - DE Vinny Curry, Marshall

- This pick remains the same. Despite roping in the biggest fish in free agency in their franchise's history, defensive end remains a need. Mario Williams will assume the left defensive end spot from how Buddy Nix was talking after the fact. That means either Chris Kelsay or Shawne Merriman will assume the right defensive end, which isn't a good idea on a further-than-this-season basis. A replacement will have to be brought in to bring along and take over at that right defensive end spot for the long-term. I know that the Bills' defensive staff loves what Vinny Curry brings to the table. I continue to believe if he's on the board at 41, he'll be the Bills pick.

And priority wise, wouldn't it be better to put those positions at P3 to ensure there is no reach? From reading the site I thought that P3 meant you want a starter but you're not willing to reach for one?

Edited by LynchMob23

I know that I am in the minority, but I am not at all sold on Michael Floyd. He had three alcohol related

problems, the 3rd almost cost him his final year at ND. IMO, as a big-man-on-campus, those must have

been fairly significant events for them not to have been over-looked. Even if not, one or two incidents

and I can chalk it up to stupid college kid, to have the 3rd when he obviously had been warned by the

coaches, leaves me to believe there is a big problem that could get much worse when he hits a giant

pay-day.

I am not all that convinced that he is SO good that his talent warrants ignoring those problems. I admit

that he had big production and has the very good size to have potential. I know that he ran faster than

anticipated, but there was a reason that people didn't think he had separation ability based on his play.

No debate from me that the Bills need another good WR, I am just not sure Floyd is good enough to pick

there, especially considering his off-field problems.

I know that 4-3 OLBs are generally smaller than 3-4 OLBs, but Lavonte David strikes me as a reach in

the 2nd round. I think he is very small for the NFL.

The pick should be LB, WR or CB period.. in that order of BPA..

Not that I have a problem with those positions being Drafted, but to say it MUST be in that order without knowing how the Draft develops, IMO, would present a myopic view at best....truthfully, WR is probably the best value at 10 unless Claiborne is still there, then LB in 2nd and CB thereafter...

Link

Round 1 - Michael Floyd,

Round 2 - Lavonte David,

Round 3 - Brandon Boykin,

Round 4 - Matt McCants, Joe Adams,

Round 5 - Marcus Forston, Brock Osweiler,

Round 6 - Deangelo Peterson,

Round 7 - Aaron Henry

Astro, I've got few questions about the picks:

1. Are they going to fix the draft order? Buffalo has 10, 41, 72 etc before the comp picks are added to change rounds 4 and on.

2. Are the picks what you think the Bills will do or what you want them to do?

3. Morrison is going to the be SAM (per several interviews/reports) and Barnett the Will, does that change your drafting of David?

Other than Floyd, David and Osweiler this draft blows :thumbdown: :thumbdown: McCants is horrible guy got killed at the senior bowl and he's small school, no thanks.

Bump - Drafttek changed the pick from 42 to 41, but not from 74 to 72.

So there spending all this time doing rankings, running simulations, debating the results and they can't even get the order right? Credibility shot.

I can't believe that the Bills will only select one offensive tackle in the fourth round. Right now, this is the biggest need on the team. I could see the Bills selecting Brandon Mosely in the middle rounds, and I would like the Bills to select Jeff Adams in the seventh as a developmental prospect. They did well with their last developmental player from Columbia.

Astro. I know you put a lot of time into that site and I really want to support it. I just don't "get" the premise of the site. You rank players according to perceived "value." But you're not privy to what pro staffs have actually ranked the players. I mean, if you got a look at teams' draft boards after the draft and then made assumptions based off of that, I'd be with you. But unless you have a value on someone from an actual NFL team, the site is pure speculation. It is impossible to call someone a "reach" if he's taken at any pick because you think he should be taken lower, because you don't know where pro teams had him ranked. You had Cam Newton as a -9 reach and Aldon Smith as a -10 reach. Show me where you got that. Because your "big board" is pure speculation and in this case, was not only wrong on where they would get picked, but how they performed.

So there spending all this time doing rankings, running simulations, debating the results and they can't even get the order right? Credibility shot.

agreed I have noticed this among some other things (not knowing the difference between a 43 olb/de and a 34 olb/de) that have made me question the knowledge of whoever runs this site.

Astro. I know you put a lot of time into that site and I really want to support it. I just don't "get" the premise of the site. You rank players according to perceived "value." But you're not privy to what pro staffs have actually ranked the players. I mean, if you got a look at teams' draft boards after the draft and then made assumptions based off of that, I'd be with you. But unless you have a value on someone from an actual NFL team, the site is pure speculation. It is impossible to call someone a "reach" if he's taken at any pick because you think he should be taken lower, because you don't know where pro teams had him ranked. You had Cam Newton as a -9 reach and Aldon Smith as a -10 reach. Show me where you got that. Because your "big board" is pure speculation and in this case, was not only wrong on where they would get picked, but how they performed.

Its 2012 if you don't understand the Mock draft community, you never will.

Just think of it as cross dressing, you just don't get it. Or if you are a cross dresser think of it as not cross dressing.

agreed I have noticed this among some other things (not knowing the difference between a 43 olb/de and a 34 olb/de) that have made me question the knowledge of whoever runs this site.

Draftek doesn't have this problem.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Its 2012 if you don't understand the Mock draft community, you never will.

Just think of it as cross dressing, you just don't get it. Or if you are a cross dresser think of it as not cross dressing.

Draftek doesn't have this problem.

This post made no sense whatsoever. Drafttek is supposed to be a "different kind of mock" that projects value as opposed to simply likely destination. I'm saying the premise of the site is flawed.

Not that I have a problem with those positions being Drafted, but to say it MUST be in that order without knowing how the Draft develops, IMO, would present a myopic view at best....truthfully, WR is probably the best value at 10 unless Claiborne is still there, then LB in 2nd and CB thereafter...

IMO, it can be called a myopic view or it can be called a disciplined view. IMO, certain positions, regardless of year, trump other positions. A kicker or punter would almost never be considered in the 1st round. Taken further, centers, guards, tight ends and safeties, unless very special, are trumped by the other positional players. At the top, QB trumps every other position. Tackle and CB are 2nd to QB (IMHO). WR greatly depends on the talent of the QB. RB greatly depends on the talent of the O-line. So, if Reiff or Martin are graded close to Floyd, or even Trent Richardson, by these rules, we would go with a tackle.

In Buddy We Trust.

There is a lot of mock draft sites where one guru purports to know about all 32 teams (draft tendencies, current needs) and all 400 players every year. They are welcome to their opinion. Everybody's got one.

DraftTek decided to go in a different direction, with 32 team analysts submitting their team's needs weekly (and over the last 2 weeks, after every major FA signing). Several experts prepare a Big Board; these guys actually go to games, watch film, and attend the combine, and slot player ability. A computer does the drafting, and analysts comment on the picks.

Viewership was steadily increasing over the last 4 years, but has spiked significantly this year.

For years, I have been exclusively a Two Bills Drive poster, hoping it reflects the Bills fan community perspective on team needs. I think I've done a good job recording those needs. I can't respond if you don't like who the computer picked based on where you see that player vs. where the DraftTek experts see that player vs. where Mel or Mort sees that player.

Draft Talk is for fun and discussion, folks. As Ben and Jerry say, "If it's not fun, why do it?"

--Astro

Astro

I think it is now 10th, 41st and 71st since we move up one slotto 8th position in Round 3 and the Saints forfeited their second rounder.

You are correct. We are now 71st...

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound3.asp

then RD4#104 and 123,

then RD5#135 and 138,

then RD6#166, and our RD7 remains at 199.

There is a lot of mock draft sites where one guru purports to know about all 32 teams (draft tendencies, current needs) and all 400 players every year. They are welcome to their opinion. Everybody's got one.

DraftTek decided to go in a different direction, with 32 team analysts submitting their team's needs weekly (and over the last 2 weeks, after every major FA signing). Several experts prepare a Big Board; these guys actually go to games, watch film, and attend the combine, and slot player ability. A computer does the drafting, and analysts comment on the picks.

Viewership was steadily increasing over the last 4 years, but has spiked significantly this year.

For years, I have been exclusively a Two Bills Drive poster, hoping it reflects the Bills fan community perspective on team needs. I think I've done a good job recording those needs. I can't respond if you don't like who the computer picked based on where you see that player vs. where the DraftTek experts see that player vs. where Mel or Mort sees that player.

Draft Talk is for fun and discussion, folks. As Ben and Jerry say, "If it's not fun, why do it?"

--Astro

Astro

You are correct. We are now 71st...

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound3.asp

then RD4#104 and 123,

then RD5#135 and 138,

then RD6#166, and our RD7 remains at 199.

Ignore the naysayers, Astro. Thanks for your contributions. They are much appreciated in a long, often times boring stretch between season's end and the draft. A much needed diversion. Keep up the good work.

Like I said to start this thread - this wasn't an Astro or Drafttek witch hunt, I just wanted to make him and them aware of an issue. With the computer accounting for needs as it does, being off a few picks threw off (to me) the exercise. Respect.

Like I said to start this thread - this wasn't an Astro or Drafttek witch hunt, I just wanted to make him and them aware of an issue. With the computer accounting for needs as it does, being off a few picks threw off (to me) the exercise. Respect.

My comment wasn't directed at you, the questions you had were legitimate.

Yes it's a valid point and a nice clarification! benefits Draftek and us when we have actual data as compared to umm not actual data. You did good and that astro guy is pretty straight up so.. :thumbsup:

No harm no foul, LM. I got kudos for pointing it out to the Boss at DraftTek! We can't believe you were the first (out of 100,000 visits per day) to spot the inconsistency! :thumbsup:

No harm no foul, LM. I got kudos for pointing it out to the Boss at DraftTek! We can't believe you were the first (out of 100,000 visits per day) to spot the inconsistency! :thumbsup:

It's a little thing I do every year - whenever I get official picks for the Bills at least from C Brown I put it in a draft notebook I make for that year. So I just wanted to give a heads up!