No Knock On Wood

Although it's somewhat early, have there been any reports on how Wood is doing? Everyone is focussing on the LT position but whether Wood will be fully back and effective should be a major concern going into the draft.

maybe not a major concern yet, but you're right that C may need to be looked at.

Although it's somewhat early, have there been any reports on how Wood is doing? Everyone is focussing on the LT position but whether Wood will be fully back and effective should be a major concern going into the draft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since OT Martin is out of the picture at #10 I still feel the Bills want a top flight O-line pick.

Since Wood still has a long ways to go it would not surprise me to see the Bills draft OG David DeCastro*

DeCastro would start at RG moving Kraig Urbik to Center while Wood gets to 100% The Bills can address LT in Round two... Hopefully the Bills can resign Bell making the situation more tollerable...Other options for the O-line would be to draft Riley Rieff, but he is a better guard than OT do to his arm length. Cordy Glenn is raw but very impressive..He will move up the charts before draft day.

Wood hasn't managed to stay healthy for a full season yet. Franchise centers and franchise guards somehow manage to stay healthy and not miss games. This guy has two seasons left on is rookie contract. If the next two seasons bear resemblance to the first three, you're looking at a damaged goods FA that will have to take a pay cut. So, yeah, I'd be looking at a center... and one that's shown more durability than Wood.

Wood hasn't managed to stay healthy for a full season yet. Franchise centers and franchise guards somehow manage to stay healthy and not miss games. This guy has two seasons left on is rookie contract. If the next two seasons bear resemblance to the first three, you're looking at a damaged goods FA that will have to take a pay cut. So, yeah, I'd be looking at a center... and one that's shown more durability than Wood.

It's not an issue of durability. He hasn't had muscle pulls. He's had his leg snapped in half and knee blown out. Every player in the league is getting hurt seriously if they take the hits the way Wood did. These injuries were in no way avoidable.

Edited by biglukes

It's not an issue of durability. He hasn't had muscle pulls. He's had his leg snapped in half and knee blown out. Every player in the league is getting hurt seriously if they take the hits the way Wood did. These injuries were in no way avoidable.

He definitely could've avoided the 2nd injury if he was more aware. He barely got pushed and fell awkwardly.

maybe not a major concern yet, but you're right that C may need to be looked at.

I would like to see them take a center later in the draft. Or a OT that has played center. When Wood gets hurt, bad things happen. And he gets hurt a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since OT Martin is out of the picture at #10 I still feel the Bills want a top flight O-line pick.

Since Wood still has a long ways to go it would not surprise me to see the Bills draft OG David DeCastro*

DeCastro would start at RG moving Kraig Urbik to Center while Wood gets to 100% The Bills can address LT in Round two... Hopefully the Bills can resign Bell making the situation more tollerable...Other options for the O-line would be to draft Riley Rieff, but he is a better guard than OT do to his arm length. Cordy Glenn is raw but very impressive..He will move up the charts before draft day.

Who says Martin is out at 10?

He definitely could've avoided the 2nd injury if he was more aware. He barely got pushed and fell awkwardly.

Injuries happen man, Knee injuries especially are very difficult to prevent

I totally agree with Cantankerous.

Wood's knee penalty was completely avoidable. People simply don't get injured on plays like that.

I personally have concerns about his durability.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

I totally agree with Cantankerous.

Wood's knee penalty was completely avoidable. People simply don't get injured on plays like that.

I personally have concerns about his durability.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Yep.. Once things start going..-Fingers crossed.

Man! what a bunch of buttheads uninformed people here today, Woods last injury was avoidable WTF he should have seen that guy falling on the back of his leg and moved it? And stop running after the guy who caught the interception? That said Colin Brown looked very good as a back up after the try outs for who was going to be the backup, shame it took time to find that out though.

The guy has had two freak injuries...It is not as if he pulled a hamstring or calf and cannot train....The guy had a 400lb lineman roll over his leg....Wood will be back at Center and will dominate like he did in the first 8 games of the season. We need to keep consistency on this OL.

Man! what a bunch of buttheads uninformed people here today, Woods last injury was avoidable WTF he should have seen that guy falling on the back of his leg and moved it? And stop running after the guy who caught the interception? That said Colin Brown looked very good as a back up after the try outs for who was going to be the backup, shame it took time to find that out though.

That's not how I remember Wood's second injury, Bowery.

I remember he and the Dallas player at the end of the interception near the sideline and Wood being pushed and falling awkwardly.

I'd like to see it again but I thought it was an innocent looking play.

Every thread should have its own theme song.

is this thread's theme song! :)

That's not how I remember Wood's second injury, Bowery.

I remember he and the Dallas player at the end of the interception near the sideline and Wood being pushed and falling awkwardly.

I'd like to see it again but I thought it was an innocent looking play.

I thought I remembered seeing someone fall on it, can't find a video. The closest I came was this

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Eric-Wood-on-His-Knee-Injury/a57e4089-b999-44ff-b37d-8487725f3258

Around 2:50 in this video he talks about it and you are right he does say he was pushed. I thought some one landed on it, but I watch the games on the internet, thanks for the correction.

Wood has played in 32 of a possible 48 games, that's only 66%. Levitre is a perfect 48/48. One must be willing to admit Wood has the injury bug. Franchise guys dont miss 1/3 of their games. We all know Wood is a good player when healthy. If he can avoid the catastrophic injury bug that has plagued his 1st and 3rd seasons I like his potential. At a certain point though these kind of injuries run the risk of cutting his career short.

I thought I remembered seeing someone fall on it, can't find a video. The closest I came was this

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Eric-Wood-on-His-Knee-Injury/a57e4089-b999-44ff-b37d-8487725f3258

Around 2:50 in this video he talks about it and you are right he does say he was pushed. I thought some one landed on it, but I watch the games on the internet, thanks for the correction.

It was a cheap shot "block" from the blind side, no where near the ball carrier. Wood never saw him coming.

Not quite sure I understand this logic. DeCastro is a great prospect, but Wood will be back to full strength sometime this season and when that occurs what do you do with 4 good interior linemen and 3 positions to fill. Levitre to tackle is an option, but he's better at guard.

It was a cheap shot "block" from the blind side, no where near the ball carrier. Wood never saw him coming.

I disagree.

A cheap shot to me is what Warren Sapp did to Chad Clifton.

Wood was bumped or lightly pushed from the side/back.

By Wood's own description it was the timing of the play which caused the injury… he was bumped just as he was trying to cut and his toe caught in the turf.

"Head on a swivel."

There was no malice in the play as I recall it.

I disagree.

A cheap shot to me is what Warren Sapp did to Chad Clifton.

Wood was bumped or lightly pushed from the side/back.

By Wood's own description it was the timing of the play which caused the injury… he was bumped just as he was trying to cut and his toe caught in the turf.

"Head on a swivel."

There was no malice in the play as I recall it.

I recall thinking it was a cheap shot. Certainly unecessary as it was well away from the ball.