Left tackles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Adams of Ohio State. He is kinda of an outlaw because he traded autographs for tattoos (what a joke!) but he might be the most gifted of all the LT prospect. I've been in the camp that LT is a very overrated position because of how teams run offenses now. But if there was a superstar LT in the 1st, I would understand the pick. No one of the 1st rounders met that criteria.

IF our draft starts with Floyd and Adams, this will be my favorite offseason in a very long time.

Mike Adams of Ohio State. He is kinda of an outlaw because he traded autographs for tattoos (what a joke!) but he might be the most gifted of all the LT prospect. I've been in the camp that LT is a very overrated position because of how teams run offenses now. But if there was a superstar LT in the 1st, I would understand the pick. No one of the 1st rounders met that criteria.

IF our draft starts with Floyd and Adams, this will be my favorite offseason in a very long time.

It's only over rated if you have a good one already

I'd rather have a big WR at the first pick, and work on the tackle through the rest of the draft, and picking up free agent scraps at this point. I feel like our system doesn't really need a super stout offensive line, as evidenced last year.

Hopefully over the next off season, we can pick up some OL talent, though.

Edited by Dorkington

The more I look at the draft, the more I think we're going to select a skill player at 10. Reiff projects as a RT and Martin is a finesse LT who IMHO doesn't possess what Nix looks for in an OL.

My gut is now telling me it could be Dre Kirkpatrick or Floyd at 10. I am sensing Floyd with probable BPA at 10 DeCastro a darkhorse.

Everyone seems to talk about Reiff, Martin, Adams and Glenn. If we take Floyd or another position at 10, do any of you draftniks know who could be a decent option in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Zebrie Sanders FSU - some injury history but very highly rated before injuries

Brandon Mosley Auburn - some struggles with bull rushes but a legitimate prospect. Played mostly rt.

Mitchell Schwartz Cal - better run blocker than pass blocker and projects to rt. 4 years of production though

Matt McCants UAB - tall (6'7") and skinny 295 with some strength concerns.

Nate Potter Boise - won't pretend to be impartial. This is the guy I would like the Bills to get. He's got good size, plenty of experience/production, and played in a pass heavy offense. There are concerns for him handling speed rushers as well as if he can generate good push on short yardage situations.

Bobbie Massie Ole Miss - played rt in college and projects there in the pros. Excellent run blocker but doesn't project to lt due to some pass blocking concerns.

These are prospects that fall anywhere from 2nd-4th round. I see one of these guys being taken somewhere in this time frame by the Bills if Moose Martin isn't the pick (right now it seems that is what it will be).

Zebrie Sanders FSU - some injury history but very highly rated before injuries

Brandon Mosley Auburn - some struggles with bull rushes but a legitimate prospect. Played mostly rt.

Mitchell Schwartz Cal - better run blocker than pass blocker and projects to rt. 4 years of production though

Matt McCants UAB - tall (6'7") and skinny 295 with some strength concerns.

Nate Potter Boise - won't pretend to be impartial. This is the guy I would like the Bills to get. He's got good size, plenty of experience/production, and played in a pass heavy offense. There are concerns for him handling speed rushers as well as if he can generate good push on short yardage situations.

Bobbie Massie Ole Miss - played rt in college and projects there in the pros. Excellent run blocker but doesn't project to lt due to some pass blocking concerns.

These are prospects that fall anywhere from 2nd-4th round. I see one of these guys being taken somewhere in this time frame by the Bills if Moose Martin isn't the pick (right now it seems that is what it will be).

Another guy that someone on here mentioned a while back is Andrew Datko who was projected to be a 1st round pick before his injury. Looks like a steal if he healthy in the 3rd or so

Another guy that someone on here mentioned a while back is Andrew Datko who was projected to be a 1st round pick before his injury. Looks like a steal if he healthy in the 3rd or so

yes I apologize i mix those two up all the time. Datko has the minor injury history. Sanders has a pretty good track record and does well in pass pro and run blocking. His only area of struggle is with the Bull rush and possibly awareness. Don't know how many of you remember this but it's worth a laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cV448r5f2qI

Steelers are wetting themselves thinking about him. He is off the board at #24 or where ever they pick.

So you don't think they'll draft Dontari Poe?

The kid traded autographs for tattoos!!! He's a low grade piece of trash and a thug. Teams should avoid him like the plague. :ph34r:

Until our second-round pick, right? :D

Edited by jjmac

This is a good question.

Paging Astro . . .!

What LT prospects are out there past round one?

Here's likely what he'd post DraftTek Top LOT Prospects

Says there:

1. Kalil USC
  2. Reiff Iowa
  3. Adams Ohio State
  4. Martin Stanford
  5. Zebrie Sanders FSU
  6. Brandon Mosley Auburn
  7. Mitchell Schwartz Cal
  8. Matt McCants UAB
  9. Nate Potter Boise State
  10. Bobbie Massie Mississippi
  11. Markus Zucevics Iowa
  12. Tom Compton South Dakota
  13. Matt Reynolds Byu
  14. Landon Walker Clemson
  15. Andrew Datko FS
  16. Levy Adcock Oklahoma State
  17. James Carmon Mississippi State

In all, they list 24 prospects and most are Huge.

Edited by Nanker

yes I apologize i mix those two up all the time. Datko has the minor injury history. Sanders has a pretty good track record and does well in pass pro and run blocking. His only area of struggle is with the Bull rush and possibly awareness. Don't know how many of you remember this but it's worth a laugh

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cV448r5f2qI

You're confusing Datko and Sanders. Sanders started the last 36 consecutive games in college, and started 50 total in his career. He's played both the right and left tackle spot. To me from the times i've seen him, he seems to project as more of a LT in that he's got the athleticism as opposed to raw power in the blockign game. He'll probably go mid to late 2nd round. We could do worse than taking him in the 2nd.

Datko is the guy with quite a bit of talent, but simply can't stay healthy. He's be worth a flyer in the mid to late rounds.

As for the video, FSUs OL is taught to stand still and not move when there's an offsides, just to highlight how none of them moved and the penalty was on the defense. That's where that play comes from. It's not as if he just forgot to block on one play.

The key will be how well these players grade out against Martin, who I think would be our only logical choice if we were to take one at 10.

I prefer a skill player, I want Floyd hands down if he is there. I just don't want us to reach for an LT and I'm worried we might.