TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Yes, it looks like Tebow was lying.

After suggesting that he had no say in where he ended up on Friday, Tebow finally admitted that he did have input.

Also Jacksonville owner Shahid Kahn has stated unequivocally that Tebow preferred to go to New York and Tebow admitted this fact in the same piece:

At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the Broncos let the Jaguars know they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams. Denver coach John Fox kept Tebow abreast of the talks throughout the day. Early in the day Fox had asked Tebow if he had a preference, and Tebow said both seemed fine and the Broncos should do what was best for the team.Wednesday evening, Tebow's opinion changed. He was going to have a better opportunity to start in New York and felt more wanted by the Jets organization.

Tebow acknowledged that at his press conference in New York on Monday, saying he was more comfortable with the Jets' coaches than with the Jaguars'.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....e#ixzz1qGfV60IE

Jacksonville actually offered a better draft pick by 9 spots and more money than the Jets did towards the advance money that was owed to Tebow by Denver. In spite of getting a better offer from Jacksonville, Denver acceded to Tebow's wishes and traded him to the Jets.

I guess Tebow lied because he didn't want to alienate his legion of Florida/Jacksonville fans (he grew up about 15 miles from Jacksonville) and also perhaps because he didn't want to give away the fact that he was the rare player who held control over a trade situation.

Tebow sure seems like a nice, great guy, and I was actually quite impressed with how he handled the media today in the press conference. He hit a homerun, IMO, and he usually does in that platform. He does, IMO, lie all the time though because he doesn't want to talk bad about anyone, and he wants to always talk positive, and I think even though he's a great guy, he's very disingenuous at times, and I don't believe him. Still, he's a class act, and it's better than the alternative, and if you don't want to be negative or badmouth anyone, you have to lie.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my sources, Tebow seems less than excited about joining the Jets.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uNcMFohJkbs

I kinda like him, and the "lying" that people are getting excited about (lol), is really nothing. But this highlight's one of the things that bothers me about him. This forced "positivism" is not healthy. It's not realistic, and not a "good example to the kids", or any of that crap. I don't know how long he can sustain this false face, but it can't be healthy for his own psyche. Eventually it will devalue and undermine his message. "Everything's great" isn't an effective answer for every situation.

After watching his press conference how do you not love that guy.

Yeah the way the media treats him I think is disgusting, the herd is the worst, very manipulative to the point of sounding bitter. Has a real agenda against the guy and distorts the truth to slam him.

5 biggest "myths" he keeps spreading:

- Tebow is locker room cancer. Funny, I don't recall any major issues in Florida or Denver

- jets were on their way before him. Really, an 8 & 8 team after going 11&5 the year before?

- Sanchez is something special and tebow will compromise his progress. By all accounts Sanchez regressed his 3rd year, which is particularly disturbing since it was supposed to be his coming out party when they let him do more.

- tebow will tear jets locker room apart; like it wasnt the most dysfunctional already?

- Tebow will never be a good NFL QB: funny since he went a lot farther last year than most QBs in the NFL, right on the heels of broncos parting ways with their best wide out. Also the game against steelers when elway instructed him to throw it more he threw for >300 yards, 2 TDs, no picks and overall looked sharp. I'm not saying Tebow will make it to the next level, but flat out damning him at this time is unjustified.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Bottom line he is a Jet now. This is what concerns me as a Bills fan.

The Jets have the perfect Wildcat QB. Remember Sparano ran the Wildcat with Ronnie and Ricky in Miami and had good success with that.

This is different because Tebow is a legit threat to throw out of that formation.I am sure this was mentioned before but it didnt read all the posts. This will make the Jets hard to prepare for.

The Wildcat will take some snaps away from Sanchez but that might be a good thing for NY.

What might be good for us is that it might divide an already fractured locker room. Some guys have already bashed Sanchez. What if Tebow has a strong preseason?? The NY press is gonna eat this up.

IMO Rex has created a 2 headed monster. I dont know if this is the correct way to go. First you give Sanchez an extension on his contract. You are paying him starters money. Then you bring in a guy who has a very strong following, a very likeable guy who all he did last year was lead the Broncos to the playoffs and get a playoff win over the Steelers.

I will say this also, Tebow got a raw deal. I think it sucks the way Denver did him.

Rex is gonna have his hands full thats for sure. I hope the Bills sake it all blows up in his face. But

Bottom line he is a Jet now. This is what concerns me as a Bills fan.

The Jets have the perfect Wildcat QB. Remember Sparano ran the Wildcat with Ronnie and Ricky in Miami and had good success with that.

This is different because Tebow is a legit threat to throw out of that formation.I am sure this was mentioned before but it didnt read all the posts. This will make the Jets hard to prepare for.

The Wildcat will take some snaps away from Sanchez but that might be a good thing for NY.

What might be good for us is that it might divide an already fractured locker room. Some guys have already bashed Sanchez. What if Tebow has a strong preseason?? The NY press is gonna eat this up.

IMO Rex has created a 2 headed monster. I dont know if this is the correct way to go. First you give Sanchez an extension on his contract. You are paying him starters money. Then you bring in a guy who has a very strong following, a very likeable guy who all he did last year was lead the Broncos to the playoffs and get a playoff win over the Steelers.

I will say this also, Tebow got a raw deal. I think it sucks the way Denver did him.

Rex is gonna have his hands full thats for sure. I hope the Bills sake it all blows up in his face. But I sure will watch the Jets website because there will be some must see Web TV for sure.

Edited by Bufcomments

- Tebow will never be a good NFL QB: funny since he went a lot farther last year than most QBs in the NFL, right on the heels of broncos parting ways with their best wide out. Also the game against steelers when elway instructed him to throw it more he threw for >300 yards, 2 TDs, no picks and overall looked sharp. I'm not saying Tebow will make it to the next level, but flat out damning him at this time is unjustified.

TJ Yates took the Texans just as far in the playoffs, but i don't see anyone singing his praises.

Don't hear anyone taking to the national media stage and eternally damning him either

Because Yates, much like tebow, is a non-story. Both of them are ****ty QBs that rode other aspects of their teams to the playoffs. The only difference between the two QBs is that 1 of them has a rabid band of morons that fawn all over every single move he makes.

I kinda like him, and the "lying" that people are getting excited about (lol), is really nothing. But this highlight's one of the things that bothers me about him. This forced "positivism" is not healthy. It's not realistic, and not a "good example to the kids", or any of that crap. I don't know how long he can sustain this false face, but it can't be healthy for his own psyche. Eventually it will devalue and undermine his message. "Everything's great" isn't an effective answer for every situation.

I agree, I think the "lying' is a matter of semantics. The Broncos did have all the cards, and all the power - doesn't mean they didn't ask his opinion, or pay it any attention.

I'm not sure his "positivism" is forced. I know people to whom the glass is always genuinely half-full and everything always has a good side. I think Tim Tebow is one of them.

It's actually a good protection against stress and living in a fishbowl as long as it doesn't lead to unfounded optimism - if he said "I intend to be the starter on opening day" that would be a problem.

I agree, I think the "lying' is a matter of semantics. The Broncos did have all the cards, and all the power - doesn't mean they didn't ask his opinion, or pay it any attention.

I'm not sure his "positivism" is forced. I know people to whom the glass is always genuinely half-full and everything always has a good side. I think Tim Tebow is one of them.

It's actually a good protection against stress and living in a fishbowl as long as it doesn't lead to unfounded optimism - if he said "I intend to be the starter on opening day" that would be a problem.

It was not an egregious lie but it was a lie.

A person who holds himself up as a poster boy for virtue shouldn't lie.

That sounds like forced positivity to me! That's repression.

He said he was "excited" 43 times.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Tebow overcomes all

It seems like Tebow is the one lying.

From rotoworld (and Tebow's new conference)

Speaking at his introductory Jets press conference Monday, Tim Tebow said "whatever my role is, I'm going to try to expand it."

Tebow also confirmed the Broncos gave him some say in where he would be traded, and insisted he has a "great relationship" with Mark Sanchez. He said he would have "loved" to be traded to his hometown of Jacksonville, but that he was most intrigued about being a Jet thanks in part to his relationship with coach Rex Ryan. The two share an agent. If the media throng in attendance was any indication, "Tebowmania" is going to be taken to a whole new level in 2012.

Isn't lying a sin?

Because Yates, much like tebow, is a non-story. Both of them are ****ty QBs that rode other aspects of their teams to the playoffs. The only difference between the two QBs is that 1 of them has a rabid band of morons that fawn all over every single move he makes.

Pipe down Nolie.....you only hate because you sucked hind teat when playing against Tebow's Gators. And yes, those Yates fans are morons.....much like Seminole fans....only with better educations.