Goodell lowers boom on the Saints

papazoid

Suggested steps for Saints franchise:

1) Trade Brees (and anyone else you can) for unGodly amounts of picks to recoup the ability to build

2) In doing so and also w/ coaching frenzy expect to tank, and tank hard revealing New Orleans wont' go to games unless the team is real good

3) Sneak out of garbage heap that is New Orleans and settle in a new cozy stadium in LA

4) Rebuild to a patient and ecstatic fan base that just got a team back, in a town FA's will want to come to

5) Profit from all this. Help Bills stay in WNY along the way.

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taking this in another direction.....

apparently Warren Sapp has outed the original "snitch" as Jeremy Shockey.....which PFT says is wrong....

but, everyone in the "snitches get stitches" crowd...like warren sapp and roddy white, just to name a few.....are just as bad as Greg Williams, Shawn Peyton and all the players who participated in the bounty.

players worried about their own safety is a joke....

wether shockey did it or not, he's screwed, he's a free agent and will not be picked up. he is toxic. i hope shockey sues sapp for lost wages, defamation...etc..

I applaud Goodell for metering out these punishments, Payton and the rest of the Saints thought they were "the chosen" franchise and above the law. Goodell showed them they're not, and by doing so provided an unbiased approach, something we all want out of our leaders. I hope Greggo is never reinstated. He's simply disgusting.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If the bounties were a "players only" thing, it's too much.

If the coaches were actually paying bounties, it's too little.

players and coaches from the saints were investigated previously, told to stop and they all continued.

“Clearly, we were lied to,” Goodell said. “We investigated this back in 2010, we were told it was not happening, it continued for another two years until we got credible evidence late in the 2011 season and we were able to identify significant information that verified from multiple sources that this was going on for a three-year period.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/roger-goodell-stands-by-saints-suspensions-we-were-lied-to/

taking this in another direction.....

apparently Warren Sapp has outed the original "snitch" as Jeremy Shockey.....which PFT says is wrong....

but, everyone in the "snitches get stitches" crowd...like warren sapp and roddy white, just to name a few.....are just as bad as Greg Williams, Shawn Peyton and all the players who participated in the bounty.

players worried about their own safety is a joke....

wether shockey did it or not, he's screwed, he's a free agent and will not be picked up. he is toxic. i hope shockey sues sapp for lost wages, defamation...etc..

No sense of omerta with these new players today, ey? Oh well, if you read the posts at the Times-Picayune site on this you'd swear the NOLA fans had never won a super bowl...bunch of whiners....

Good choice of punishments. Waiting to see what's done to players (probably not that much, except for Vilma). As for people asking why Belichek was not suspended - the question is, did he lie about it to the league? I think Payton got suspended big time not just because of the injuries, but because he lied to the league, and because he associated with a known felon who paid into the bounties.

Good choice of punishments. Waiting to see what's done to players (probably not that much, except for Vilma). As for people asking why Belichek was not suspended - the question is, did he lie about it to the league? I think Payton got suspended big time not just because of the injuries, but because he lied to the league, and because he associated with a known felon who paid into the bounties.

a known felon that defrauded the nfl for hundreds of thousands. it had to bring a little extra to it.

Nice to see Goodell sending the message that the NFL isn't actually the Mafia, and the players aren't actually engaged in warfare. The football world tends to take itself too seriously.

Take itself too seriously? Super Marios new contract pays him 1 million dollars per regular season game and half a million per regular season game guaranteed. Seems pretty serious to me.

So, why didn't Belicheat get suspended for spygate? Seems like that was at least equally unethical.

They're NOTHING CLOSE to being equally unethical. One was videotaping hand-signals. The other is paying his players to injure players on purpose. I see no similarities here and this was a pretty ignorant comment.

Goodell did a great job IMO of handling this whole situation.

Edited by FleaMoulds80