fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, I was gonna say: "Hows about we both delete our posts?"

But, now I'm thinking...censorship of political thought in any form gives me that not-so-fresh feeling.

There's a difference in censorship between not allowing a cartoon to be published and calling out its moronic and insulting attempt at humor.

Excellent (lengthly) article by the President of the National Association of Scholars

How Academe Turned Zimmerman Into a Racist

By Peter Wood

I first heard of Trayvon Martin via a posted comment on an article I had written for the Chronicle of Higher Education in early March 2012. In retrospect that seems significant. The comment from some anonymous academic came a few days after the shooting and a month before President Obama observed in a Rose Garden talk, "You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." In fact, academics from the start helped to drive the polarizing racial narrative that became inseparable from the Trayvon Martin case. And in the aftermath of the not guilty verdict, academics have continued the effort to poison public opinion.

http://www.mindingthecampus.com/originals/2013/07/howacademeturnedzimmerman.html

Ten Mainstream Media Stars More Bigoted Than George Zimmerman

My headline is a little deceiving because it makes it sound as if there is something in George Zimmerman's past, or in the events that led to the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin, that indicates that he is in anyway bigoted. On the contrary, from what we have learned about the 29 year old Hispanic man, he exemplifies the American ideal of color-blindness.

A thorough FBI investigation not only found that race had nothing to do with the shooting, but that there was no history of racism in Zimmerman's past. Moreover, contrary to the media's lies and evidence fabrication, Zimmerman has dated black women, has black relatives, tutored black children, stood up for a black homeless man against the police, and voted for Barack Obama.

Unfortunately, the same "no evidence of bigotry" statement cannot be said for a number of America's top mainstream media stars. And so, in no particular order, here are the top media stars provably more bigoted than the man they have shamelessly and falsely attempted to destroy and defame as racist.

Please note that these are individuals who remain respected, and in some cases revered, among their media colleagues...

List at link ;

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/24/Ten-Mainstream-Media-Stars-More-Bigoted-Than-George-ZimmermanNew%20Article

Comforted in knowing there are people dumber than I am .

:lol: ...lybob :lol:

You aren't really talking about how smart/dumb people are, are you? That's not a conversation that is going to end well for you.

George the hero. That's what George is.

One thing I've learned by observing the internet? One must be careful with memes.

They are often likely to end up producing the opposite outcome that their creator intended, and this is based solely on which is more funny, their intended use, or the "alternative". The Zimmerman hero thing is starting to look an awful lot like the Chuck Norris thing. Which...completely removes the focus from race/unfairness/etc which is the intended serious message here...and moves into internet troll/humor land, where nobody takes anything seriously.

The lone minority on the jury, "we were trying to find him guilty..."

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/25/juror-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder/

The juror identified herself only by her first name Maddy and gave a further, particularly nuanced view that she didn’t think the case should have gone to trail and that she “felt like this was a publicity stunt.”

But Tracy Martin still appeared before Congress to protest the verdict

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/24/trayvon-martins-father-appears-on-capitol-hill/

...because only 5% of blacks are satisfied by the verdict

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/25/poll-whites-and-blacks-sharply-divided-on-zimmerman-verdict/

Prince William and Duchess Kate have decided to name their new son after American hero George Zimmerman! At least the first name.

True story - After the birth, but before the name was announced, on the local newspaper website, someone commented on an article that they should name the kid Trayvon.

The juror identified herself only by her first name Maddy and gave a further, particularly nuanced view that she didn’t think the case should have gone to trail and that she “felt like this was a publicity stunt.”

Seeing that spelling mistake a lot lately. Really irks me.

Seeing that spelling mistake a lot lately. Really irks me.

I had a professor in college that told our class her mother recently passed away and was a professor in the language arts kind of stuff. She was also a hoarder. She had boxes upon boxes where she highlighted and corrected grammar, spelling, and other language mistakes in books, articles, and newspapers.

The Prof's point was to say the art of proof reading is dying. It truly is.

The juror who voted to acquit GZ, yet feels he is guilty, is a scary insight into the quality and degree of commitment and concentration of jurors today.

Did you read the entire article to put it in to context?

It's important to note, when referencing that jury member who felt that Zimmerman may be guilty, but that the state simply lacked the evidence to convict, that the jury was not permitted to see or hear character evidence of either man, nor were they allowed to hear about the "purple drank" that Martin was using heavily, for which skittles and AZ Watermellon are the non-narcotic ingredients.

I would additionally note..........its okay for the media to reference the juror as Puerto-Rican, to point to the make-up of the jury,

But George Zimmerman must be referred to as White-Hispanic................

Edited by B-Man