Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Lybob answered your question before I had a chance. Now answer this one. How does calling for an investigation from the DoJ because it looks like a racial killing equate to calling for a race riot?

I never said that it did, so I have no idea why you are asking me this question.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's obvious the Sanford Police did not conduct a rigorous investigation of this case, but that doesn't mean they've botched it either. Let's keep in mind that they have a 911 call from Zimmerman himself, a prime witness whose separate interview matched well with Zimmerman's story, and the evidence on the scene. Zimmerman beaten up, Martin dead, both maybe not too far away from Zimmerman's vehicle, out in the open. Zimmerman got treated so there must be a record of that. Martin's dead and other than the gunshot, did not appear to have sustained injuries consistent with a struggle(according to the coroner). So, either it was a one sided fight or there was no fight, but it's obvious from Zimmerman's head and witnesses there was a struggle.

The only direct evidence I've read against Zimmerman is the independent voice analysis which states the probability of it being Zimmerman is much lower than it should be. But the "help" voice recording was from a witnesses phone, meaning there was significant distance between the phone and voice. They also could not say it was Martin because they didn't have his voice sample, so it's hard to say what this analysis means.

I think the Sanford PD saw this as an open and shut case and didn't feel the need to investigate it further. Should they have? I think so, but that probably won't change the outcome.

All these investigators combing this case and still no charges against Zimmerman. But they've ruled out a grand jury so they've ruled out first degree murder. It'll certainly be interesting to see what charges, if any, they decide on.

In the end there is no way this ever could have been first degree murder. Chances are that Zimmerman did not get out of his truck with the intent of killing Martin. Even second degree murder would be a stretch. Now manslaughter isn't out of the question. but the stand your ground law leaves quite a bit of leeway for Z. to walk away from any charges. That fact by itself should have us asking whether or not those laws should be tweaked.

Agree or disagree, you can't say 3rd didn't explain his reasoning.

He claimed that people like me are responsible for the Black Panthers putting a price on Zimmerman's head and calling for riots until there is "justice" for Treyvon Martin. I don't know how you equate calling for the DoJ investigating what looks like a racially motivated killing to calling for a race riot.

He claimed that people like me are responsible for the Black Panthers putting a price on Zimmerman's head and calling for riots until there is "justice" for Treyvon Martin. I don't know how you equate calling for the DoJ investigating what looks like a racially motivated killing to calling for a race riot.

Your previous posts would seem to indicate that you couldn't give a crap about bounties because you hold human life in such low regard. You are reaping what you sew.

In your estimation, was Trayvon's level of aggression appropriate given the egregious offense committed by Zimmerman? How badly should someone be beaten for following another man?

This would depend on what actually transpired in the side yard where Martin was killed. But if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of the car and followed him this never would have happened to begin with.

"3rdnlng, on 09 April 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Translation: "It's f'n cold out"."

I see that thirdrate is using the "!@#$ing cold" excuse now, before that it was "!@#$ing punks" and before that it was "!@#$ing goons" I'm pretty sure next they will say Zimmerman had anger towards electricity and was saying "!@#$ing coulombs"

He equated your statements to the media's inflammatory statements, and opined they motivated racial violence. He accused you of guilt by association.

Again, agree or disagree, you'd have to be almost completely illiterate to not understand that.

This would depend on what actually transpired in the side yard where Martin was killed. But if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of the car and followed him this never would have happened to begin with.

And if Trayvon hadn't assaulted Zimmerman and slammed his head into the pavement, this never would have happened. Now which one of these things sounds like a crime to you? Exiting a vehicle with intent to follow, or assault?

He equated your statements to the media's inflammatory statements, and opined they motivated racial violence. He accused you of guilt by association.

Again, agree or disagree, you'd have to be almost completely illiterate to not understand that.

He understands and likes to mock dead people. He just doesn't care.

And if Trayvon hadn't assaulted Zimmerman and slammed his head into the pavement, this never would have happened. Now which one of these things sounds like a crime to you? Exiting a vehicle with intent to follow, or assault?

And how do we know that's what really happened? In the end the chain of events that lead to Martin being shot started with Zimmerman getting out of his car to follow Martin.

Lybob answered your question before I had a chance. Now answer this one. How does calling for an investigation from the DoJ because it looks like a racial killing equate to calling for a race riot?

The only thing this proves is that I believed the killing was racially motivated. Now how does that equate to calling for a race riot?

I quoted 4 or 5 of your posts all together from the first part of this thread. You chose to respond to the one quote when you weren't referring to Zimmerman as a cold blooded killer, or that Zimmerman was chasing Martin down to kill him. The initial hysteria you and the media and the other race baiters displayed is what got this whole situation in an uproar. You weren't the only one on this board to do so. Lyrbob, Exhiled the OP and even Juror to name a few, although I'll give Juror credit for not being as hysterical, and for being the first one of you guys to back off his original position.

And one would have to be a complete ass not to figure out that an unarmed black kid being shot and killed by a white Hispanic isn't going to rip open old wounds. Especially in a community that has a history of racism.

I quoted 4 or 5 of your posts all together from the first part of this thread. You chose to respond to the one quote when you weren't referring to Zimmerman as a cold blooded killer, or that Zimmerman was chasing Martin down to kill him. The initial hysteria you and the media and the other race baiters displayed is what got this whole situation in an uproar. You weren't the only one on this board to do so. Lyrbob, Exhiled the OP and even Juror to name a few, although I'll give Juror credit for not being as hysterical, and for being the first one of you guys to back off his original position.

At no point in this thread did anyone exhibit any symptoms of hysteria. Can you find any post where one of us is calling for a lynching? All of us where calling for further investigation because it looked like a racial crime had been committed.

"3rdnlng, on 09 April 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Translation: "It's f'n cold out"."

I see that thirdrate is using the "!@#$ing cold" excuse now, before that it was "!@#$ing punks" and before that it was "!@#$ing goons" I'm pretty sure next they will say Zimmerman had anger towards electricity and was saying "!@#$ing coulombs"

Damn you are a dumbass. I never said it was anything until a few days ago when people with the right equipment could filter out the background noise and clearly hear that he said "cold". The sound engineer and the reporter who initially said that it sounded like "coon" both agreed that it was "cold". You are a pathetic person trying to make this partisan. You pull out a Huffington Post article that bears no resemblance to anything we've been hearing while they post pictures of "baby Trayvon" and a mugshot of Zimmerman.

And how do we know that's what really happened? In the end the chain of events that lead to Martin being shot started with Zimmerman getting out of his car to follow Martin.

How do we know Zimmerman actually shot Trayvon, except for all the evidence? This never would have happened if Trayvon hadn't left his house to buy skittles and iced tea.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Leaving your car is not a crime. Following someone does not merit violence. Claiming Zimmerman is at fault for leaving his car absolves Trayvon of all responsibility for his own actions. It was likely poor judgement for an ordinary citizen to follow Trayvon with no apparent cause, but charging him for murder for exiting his vehicle or suggesting he has no right to self-defense since the assault was justified, in your opinion, is absolutely absurd.

Edited by Jauronimo

And one would have to be a complete ass not to figure out that an unarmed black kid being shot and killed by a white Hispanic isn't going to rip open old wounds. Especially in a community that has a history of racism.

At no point in this thread did anyone exhibit any symptoms of hysteria. Can you find any post where one of us is calling for a lynching? All of us where calling for further investigation because it looked like a racial crime had been committed.

One of you dimwits posted some article that claimed Sanford had a history of racism. I remember reading it at the time and commenting that the only two "incidents" in the last 100 years were that some white guy refused to shake a black guy's hand and they wouldn't let Jackie Robinson play in a preseason game.

You guys had Zimmerman convicted as a cold blooded racist killer. How can you say that all you were "calling for was further investigation because it looked like a racial crime had been committed". Why did you need further investigation if you were already saying Zimmerman chased him down and is a cold blooded killer? Why would you need further investigation if he was on record as calling Martin a "coon"? Furthermore, don't demogogue if you want to be taken half seriously.

Seriously, are there NO recent photos of this kid? In every successive photo he keeps getting younger.

Selective memory. I've seen plenty of recent photos on the news the last few days.

In your estimation, was Trayvon's level of aggression appropriate given the egregious offense committed by Zimmerman? How badly should someone be beaten for following another man?

Am I supposed to accept that his level of aggression has been firmly established?? I don't think so.

Whose old wounds? The blacks or the hispanics??

Oh, please.

Here is ABC News right this moment.The only thing missing is Martin holding his "bankie" and wearing a onesie.

I was referring to TV news coverage, but I have seen other photos online too. The point is moot now anyways. Everyone knows what he looked like and how old he was by now.

I was referring to TV news coverage, but I have seen other photos online too. The point is moot now anyways. Everyone knows what he looked like and how old he was by now.

Go back to the previous page (I think) and look for a link supplied by lybob. It is an article by the Huff Post. See how they slant things. Their slanted words were well represented by their pictures of the two.

Go back to the previous page (I think) and look for a link supplied by lybob. It is an article by the Huff Post. See how they slant things. Their slanted words were well represented by their pictures of the two.

I don't read Huff Post and don't plan to now. It's the same as conservative sites defending Zimmerman's actions.