Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

From Merriam Webster:

Focusing on the underlined portions, which are the ones relevent to your request, you may refer to the following document:

http://www.milb.com/...er_k1vmq5vz.pdf

Each line of the list, occupied by a name, is a roster spot.

You guys need to take this spat back to the Snowden thread.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm comfortable with that, and I appologize for my part in cluttering up this thread.

I will, however, point out that it's the other guy who dragged it over here.

you are just digging deeper. when you're fighting with 4mer, its always your fault.

Law Professor: Injuries Are Not Necessary to Justify Use of Deadly Force

By Dimitrios Halikias

Testifying today in the Zimmerman trial, George Zimmerman’s criminal law professor, U.S. Army Captain Alexis Francisco Carter, said that the “Stand Your Ground” law was a common topic of class discussion, which seems to contradict Zimmerman’s claim in an interview with Sean Hannity that he had never heard of the law. Carter also said Zimmerman received an A and described him as “one of the better students in the class.”

On cross-examination Carter answered questions from defense attorney Don West about when the use of deadly force is justifiable. Carter responded that force can be used when one is in a state of “imminent fear,” and went on to explain that injuries are not necessary to justify the use of force. “The fact alone that there isn’t an injury doesn’t necessarily mean that the person did not have a reasonable apprehension of fear,” said Carter, who continued: “The fact that there were injuries have a tendency to show or support that the person had a reasonable apprehension of fear.”

Zimmerman did have some injuries both to his face and to the back of his head, but according to the medical examiner who testified yesterday, none of the injuries were serious or life-threatening.

Carter noted that “imminent fear” can arise in an instant as the nature of an assault changes minute by minute. West clarified: “You don’t have to wait until you are almost dead before you can defend yourself,” to which Carter humorously replied: “No, I would advise you probably don’t do that.” The response elicited a chuckle in the courtroom, and even Zimmerman, who has been stoic throughout the proceedings, cracked a smile.

The testimony comes in the wake of the judge’s decision to permit the State to present evidence related to Zimmerman’s education.

Defense attorney Mark O’Mara protested the decision yesterday, telling CNN’s Anderson Cooper: “If they start bringing what was in George’s background to the table, then it really brings in what Trayvon Martin brings to the table — all of his violent acts that we know about and some of the fighting he was involved in.”

...but according to the medical examiner who testified yesterday, none of the injuries were serious or life-threatening.

How the !@#$ does this even qualify as evidentiary?

There's a lot of stupid attorneys out there.

I know. My wife works in real estate.

Defense score!

done for the day. West filibustered over 3 1/2 hours on the DNA until 5:30 forcing a recess and not allowing Trayvon's step mom as the final witness. Also, this sets up Crump to do the depo at 5:30.

The state took over 2 hours on the DNA.

Edited by jboyst62

For those that missed it, it should be right - it began a flood of calls in to troll the court room. Luckily, they stopped it quickly. Many new names were being created that would have really caused some jimmies to be rustled. Names like "Trayvon's Ghost" "KKK Zimmerman."

One thing I found interesting about the DNA evidence is Zimmermans blood being on T Martins sweatshirt which suggests G Zimmerman was on top part of the time.

Why lie about the stand your ground training?

Edited by dog14787

One thing I found interesting about the DNA evidence is Zimmermans blood being on T Martins sweatshirt which suggests G Zimmerman was on top part of the time.

Why lie about the stand your ground training?

Didnt GZ say after the shot he rolled him over and briefly checked his body from above?

Edited by NoSaint

No, check the tapes. Wrong again. Your ignorance shames my hometown.

so how do you explain Martin found facing down, what, he flipped him back over when he was done? lol

OK...

your own ignorance should shame you

Edited by dog14787

See

so how do you explain Martin found facing down, what, he flipped him back over when he was done? lol

OK...

your own ignorance should shame you

See you at the "Oxroast", dummy. Beer tent is where it's at.

There are a few things about the GZ story that just don't add up for me.

1. He says TM walked out of the darkness and circled his car reaching in his waist band. (Cop lingo for he probably has a gun, excuse me, firearm). And he thinks TM "is on drugs". Then TM goes back up the sidewalk. So GZ can't remember the street name. In the heat of the moment I can see this happening. So, he decides to WALK up the sidewalk to his street right where the guy possibly with a gun and "on drugs" just went to meet the cops. Makes no sense. Why not driver over there to meet the cops? Unless you're in foot pursuit that is.

2. GZ says he forgot he had his firearm on him in the reenactment. Really? He takes it everywhere, even when going to Target.

3. GZ says he hung up with the 911 operator and within seconds TM jumped from the bushes and confronted him. Phone records show TM was still on the phone with whats her name for 2 minutes after GZ hung up.

4. According to GZ, TM had his hands all over him, punching him in the face, holding his nose and mouth, yet TM has ZERO GZ DNA under his finger nails and only one small injury on his left hand.

I believe that GZ has exaggerated his story and made it fit into self defense. I certainly do not believe TM "slammed" his head into the sidewalk 20 to 25 times and hit him a couple of dozen times as GZ contends. His injuries just don't bear that out. Nor do Trayvon's. The "you're going to die tonight" comment supposedly made by TM seals the deal for self defense if you believe GZ.

I think GZ pursued TM even after the 911 operator told him they didn't need him to do that and tried to detain him until police arrived. Trayvon fought back as probably any of us would if some stranger tried to detain us.

Edited by reddogblitz

There are a few things about the GZ story that just don't add up for me.

1. He says TM walked out of the darkness and circled his car reaching in his waist band. (Cop lingo for he probably has a gun, excuse me, firearm). And he thinks TM "is on drugs". Then TM goes back up the sidewalk. So GZ can't remember the street name. In the heat of the moment I can see this happening. So, he decides to WALK up the sidewalk to his street right where the guy possibly with a gun and "on drugs" just went to meet the cops. Makes no sense. Why not driver over there to meet the cops? Unless you're in foot pursuit that is.

2. GZ says he forgot he had his firearm on him in the reenactment. Really? He takes it everywhere, even when going to Target.

3. GZ says he hung up with the 911 operator and within seconds TM jumped from the bushes and confronted him. Phone records show TM was still on the phone with whats her name for 2 minutes after GZ hung up.

4. According to GZ, TM had his hands all over him, punching him in the face, holding his nose and mouth, yet TM has ZERO GZ DNA under his finger nails and only one small injury on his left hand.

I believe that GZ has exaggerated his story and made it fit into self defense. I certainly do not believe TM "slammed" his head into the sidewalk 20 to 25 times and hit him a couple of dozen times as GZ contends. His injuries just don't bear that out. Nor do Trayvon's. The "you're going to die tonight" comment supposedly made by TM seals the deal for self defense if you believe GZ.

I think GZ pursued TM even after the 911 operator told him they didn't need him to do that and tried to detain him until police arrived. Trayvon fought back as probably any of us would if some stranger tried to detain us.

"Wild Speculation" and "Idiotic Supposition" have already been spoken for here. I think "Twisted Logic" and "Made-up Schit" are still available. Don't tarry though, there are a couple of other idiots that haven't chimed in lately and might claim those positions and just leave you with "Pathetic Mutterings".

Edited by 3rdnlng