Brad Smith as our #2 reciever

With all this talk about possibly getting a WR in the draft to be Stevie's number 2, has anyone else thought that we should stop dicking around and make Smith the man? We know he can make plays, like that spectacular deflection touchdown catch against the Jets and from what I remember when we played him in the position he did well. I'm not saying that I don't like him in the wildcat. I think he's good at using it to pick up third and short, but why can't we let him do both?

I'll back you on this guy. Thinking about Smith carrying the ball as a QB, Wildcat or not makes me want to puke. The guy is a WR. End of story. I also believe Jones and Nelson really aren't that bad as #2s and we still have a wildcard in Easley. Not saying he's going tobbe anything but I'm hoping he can stay healthy to give us some looks. Jones really wasn't that bad either at the beginning of the season.

I would like to see the team use Brad Smith more and more since they signed him for a lot of money. I would like to see him get better at passing the ball which would help the wildcat a lot.

The Bills will have to find a least another wide receiver. I'm not that high on Floyd. He reminds me too much of Marshawn Lynch, i.e. talented but questionable character. I would be happier if the Bills draft Martin for Left Tackle then Hill from Georgia Tech. Of course, I graduated from GT so that would make me very happy, but I'm not sure he will be there in the second round. I also think the Bills are going to draft a smaller, faster wide receiver in the draft to replace Rosco.

Not sure what tweaks the Bills will add to their offensive packages this coming season but I hope a full offseason of workouts and OTAs helps incorporate Smith more effectively.

There's no question he was a disappointment last year… especially for $4 million per.

You can see his talent. Hopefully they can exploit it.

Not sure what tweaks the Bills will add to their offensive packages this coming season but I hope a full offseason of workouts and OTAs helps incorporate Smith more effectively.

There's no question he was a disappointment last year… especially for $4 million per.

You can see his talent. Hopefully they can exploit it.

I think i might demand that they exploit it.

But i agree with your statements sir.

I would like to see us cut this guy, not promote him. I dislike everything about him. He's slow, tentaive, has bad hands, costs too much...

Wouldn't hurt my feelings, but its unlikely. He was also suppose to be a special teams threat but got outplayed by a Justin Rogers, a rookie taken in the seventh round that averaged 10 yards more a return.

I would like to see us cut this guy, not promote him. I dislike everything about him. He's slow, tentaive, has bad hands, costs too much...

^^^^^

THIS!!

Make Brad Smith our #2 Wide Receiver....are you serious? Smith got plenty of opportunities at WR this season, and he pretty much proved that he sucks at playing WR. We are paying a guy 4 million per year to be our third string QB....maybe run the wildcat 1 or 2 plays every couple games? Cut him now and salvage as much money as possible. Justin Rodgers is a much better kick returner than this guy for christ's sake!!

I liked the move when they brought him in....he proved that he is not exceptional at anything....time to move on.

Chan laments not being able to use Brad Smith the whole year in the Wildcat and in other ways because he was forced to play WR due to injuries and said so recently in public. He's going to go back to playing several different positions including some WR, but it's extremely unlikely he plays full time WR.

Obviously I am not saying I know better than Chan, but I wondered last year why he thought he had to scrap the Wildcat when Smith went to WR. I really didn't see why he couldn't practice it the few minutes a day it would be necessary to keep it intact the same way he did when we were running it, which was a huge success despite some fans illogical disappointment with it. We didn't get stopped one time on third and short the entire year we ran it with Smith in there. It's possible that due to the injuries on the OL as well as at WR that Chan felt he couldn't keep it going and didn't want to give the players too much to worry about. He did not at all want to scrap it though.

I'll almost guarantee that it's a big part of our offense this year, even if it's only used 4-5 plays a game, especially with David Lee, the founder of the NFL version, as our QB coach.

Chan laments not being able to use Brad Smith the whole year in the Wildcat and in other ways because he was forced to play WR due to injuries and said so recently in public. He's going to go back to playing several different positions including some WR, but it's extremely unlikely he plays full time WR.

Obviously I am not saying I know better than Chan, but I wondered last year why he thought he had to scrap the Wildcat when Smith went to WR. I really didn't see why he couldn't practice it the few minutes a day it would be necessary to keep it intact the same way he did when we were running it, which was a huge success despite some fans illogical disappointment with it. We didn't get stopped one time on third and short the entire year we ran it with Smith in there. It's possible that due to the injuries on the OL as well as at WR that Chan felt he couldn't keep it going and didn't want to give the players too much to worry about. He did not at all want to scrap it though.

I'll almost guarantee that it's a big part of our offense this year, even if it's only used 4-5 plays a game, especially with David Lee, the founder of the NFL version, as our QB coach.

Hopefully they can kick it up a notch...last year when we did use the wildcat it was the most vanilla version in the history of the NFL

Hopefully they can kick it up a notch...last year when we did use the wildcat it was the most vanilla version in the history of the NFL

It got great results with Smith, even though it didnt get great breakaway runs. First down when we needed it pretty much every time. IIRC, the only time it didnt was when it was used with about 4 yards to go on 3rd or 4th, which was not the time to use it. Also, when Smith was in there in the first third of the season, Chan wanted to use it more, but the regular offense was clicking so much and churning out drives and points he didnt want to disrupt it by relying more on the Wildcat, which was the smart thing to do.

I understand your logic on this but at the same time I just don't think it's too realistic. Brad Smith is a great asset but not a number 2 by any means. We need a vertical threat and a guy who can run routes that will compliment Stevie on the other side.

This is strictly 100% my opinion.

I feel that anyone who thinks were going to draft a WR in the 1st round, this is not going to happen unless a top WR slips bad.

If that doesnt happen, we will be taking more than likely LT Jonathan Martin, Stanford.

If the stars align, I predict that our #2 WR entering the season will be...

hold....hold....

3rd year Marcus Easley. He has been hampered by some strange circumstances this past year, he was cleared near the end of the season to resume his football career.

He is 6'2, 220 lbs who has been clocked as low as 4.4 in the 40.

I truely feel with a complete offseason under his belt with our strength and conditioning group that any issues he saw last year have been 'rectified' as best as can be.

Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson have called Easley a "beast".

This is an old article: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article504918.ece

I also know a previously old article that was talking about the camp Fitz had in Arizona, someone compared Easley strengths similar to Larry Fitzgerald.

Now, this all depends on if he can stay "HEALTHY", but if he does. Look out....him and Stevie will tear it up!!

Good picture of Easley the "BEAST" from last years Arizona Camp Fitz

http://www.buffaloru...ut-at-camp-fitz

I like Easley and think he has a decent chance to be a solid pro, with a slight chance of being a really good, valuable player. But obviously, he is in the same boat as Bell, Merriman and Roscoe Parrish. You cannot count that he will be there for the majority of the season so you cannot plan your team around that possibility. The thing is, Buddy is not going to grab a guy, especially at #10, who he doesn't think is an absolute stud at his position.

Nix is not going to take Michael Floyd or Stephen Hill or anyone else at WR because he thinks we need a #2 WR. If he takes one in the first round, and maybe even the second, he absolutely loves the guy. If he doesn't see a guy he loves in the first or second round, he will simply saw he likes our WRs as they are, which he is already saying. But you know he wants a new big fast starter at #2 from his pursuit of Meachem, who fit what he thinks we need.