Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill will go no later than #8 to Miami. I don't see us trading up ahead of miami. IMHO Tannehill is a poor man's Jake Locker. He has athleticism, but lacks experience at QB position. People see "potential huge upside" I think he is a risky pick at 10 and is overvalued.

He is way better than Locker who was brutal his senior year.

He may find a home here...

link

Boy I would love to see your face when we pick him.

Can a Mod please change the title of this Thread to "Tannehill discussion"

The idea of the Bills trading up to draft Tannehill is ridiculous nonsense based out of Miami.

We shouldn't have to be insulting by the name of this thread whenever we log into this site.

Please Please Please.

an alternative name could be "Buffalo Barbarian's Tannehill FanClub"

The idea of the Bills trading up to draft Tannehill is ridiculous nonsense based out of Miami.

We shouldn't have to be insulting by the name of this thread whenever we log into this site.

Please Please Please.

"Buffalo Barbarian playing with his Talleywhacker" fits.

Still say Miami will take Weeden, who's mature enough to start this season - Tannehill will likey go undrafted.

I know you're just trying to rattle the Barbarian's cage but saying Tannehill will likely go undrafted is beyond sarcasm. Latest would be pick #42 (Miami). But I think he goes 8-25 in Round 1. Possibly #7 with a trade up. He should be the #3 QB off the board. Although I would prefer the Bills draft B.J. Coleman from Chattanooge who will probably last until round 4-5. I think he has almost as much talent as Tannehill.

You definetly have some issues, Senator. A week away from MSNBC might make you feel a little happier with your life. Have a nice day !!! Go Bills !!!! We're getting closer People !!!!! :thumbsup:

I know you're just trying to rattle the Barbarian's cage but saying Tannehill will likely go undrafted is beyond sarcasm. Latest would be pick #42 (Miami). But I think he goes 8-25 in Round 1. Possibly #7 with a trade up. He should be the #3 QB off the board. Although I would prefer the Bills draft B.J. Coleman from Chattanooge who will probably last until round 4-5. I think he has almost as much talent as Tannehill.

You definetly have some issues, Senator. A week away from MSNBC might make you feel a little happier with your life. Have a nice day !!! Go Bills !!!! We're getting closer People !!!!! :thumbsup:

Weeden is actually a better fit for Miami, so I hope that doesn't happen though. Yes he is old but he is much more Week 1 ready than Tannehill.

If Tannehill is thrown to the WMD line this early in his career he may develop PTSD.

Weeden is really a little less rough around the edges.

When will April get here.

buddy is generally pretty straight forward about what he does with the draft. i hate reading about smoke screens. they don't exist at least not with the regime. we have all known the pick before the draft the last 2 years. with that, i have no idea who will be available at 10 and i am not sure i like much of anybody at that spot. the front office has been quite thus far. who knows. i do know they will not trade up. i bet tannehill to the browns weeded to the fins

Actually, BB, today's announcement changes everything...

Link - Bills awarded compensatory 7th round draft pick

Now I can actually see how your dream just might come true, after all...

Roger Goodell: "And with the 251st overall pick in the 2012 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Tannehill, ersatz quarterback, Texas A&M."

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Why do you love this guy so much? Did you go to Texas A&m? Are you a relative? I would take him in the 3rd round but I know he will go in the first by a desperate team like the Dolphins or Browns.

Why do you love this guy so much? Did you go to Texas A&m? Are you a relative? I would take him in the 3rd round but I know he will go in the first by a desperate team like the Dolphins or Browns.

As I've stated elsewhere I did not go there ans am not related nor do I care about the school or Texas. If you saw him play you would not ask me why I like him.

Actually, BB, today's announcement changes everything...

Link - Bills awarded compensatory 7th round draft pick

Now I can actually see how your dream just might come true, after all...

Roger Goodell: "And with the 251st overall pick in the 2012 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Tannehill, ersatz quarterback, Texas A&M."

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

:worthy: :worthy:

Please Please Please.

Sounds good to me :D

You're delusional if you think the Bills are wasting our 1st alone, or better yet trading up, for a QB in the 1st Round. Especially for that bum, Tannehill. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. NEVER. Can't you all see that we actually have a compitent FO now. This isn't Donahoe running the show around here anymore. We aren't trading up for JP II. Sheesh. :doh:

You're delusional if you think the Bills are wasting our 1st alone, or better yet trading up, for a QB in the 1st Round. Especially for that bum, Tannehill. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. NEVER. Can't you all see that we actually have a compitent FO now. This isn't Donahoe running the show around here anymore. We aren't trading up for JP II. Sheesh. :doh:

Mike Mayock: Ryan Tannehill = Franchise QB.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d827e9373/Mayock-on-Ryan-Tannehill

I like Mayock but he called Robert Ayers the best defensive player in his draft (career 5 sacks in 3 seasons) and Blaine Gabbert (2nd worst QB I've seen next to Jimmy Clausen) a franchise guy. He's pretty good for a TV guy but Ozzie Newsome he's not.

MAyock also said that Ayers was the best defensive player coming out of the draft a couple years back and that Pettigrew was the next big thing @ TE. There is a reason he is working for NFL Network. Tannehill is a bum and will grade out to be no better than a career backup. He will NEVER, NEVER, be a franchise caliber QB.

I am with the Barberian here. I am not sure why everyone is doubting Tannenhill so much. He has the NFL arm that Fitzpatrick does not. He might need a little work but at the end of the day, Tannenhill has the tools to be a franchise QB.

In the NFL today franchise QB's win ball games. If the bills take him at #10 I have no problem with that. I don't believe trading up should be an option though.

MAyock also said that Ayers was the best defensive player coming out of the draft a couple years back and that Pettigrew was the next big thing @ TE. There is a reason he is working for NFL Network. Tannehill is a bum and will grade out to be no better than a career backup. He will NEVER, NEVER, be a franchise caliber QB.

Well to be fair Pettigrew has been a really good TE. Maybe not the next "big thing" but he has been very good. He will never be a big play guy but he catches the ball and is a devastating blocker.

I live in Big 12 country, I've seen Tannenhill play a lot (even 2 or 3 times in person). I don't get it. I've never watched him play and thought there is an NFL QB and he had some talent around him. Now of course I'm not making my living evaluating talent either. I just think there are a lot of people in the Big 12 area who are shocked this guy is considered a top-10 pick.

I am with the Barberian here. I am not sure why everyone is doubting Tannenhill so much. He has the NFL arm that Fitzpatrick does not. He might need a little work but at the end of the day, Tannenhill has the tools to be a franchise QB.

In the NFL today franchise QB's win ball games. If the bills take him at #10 I have no problem with that. I don't believe trading up should be an option though.

Part of my reservation is that Texas A&M wasn't any good this year. They were supposed to be great and struggled. Now of course that is not 100% on Tannenhill but QBs who don't win a ton of games in college concern me, especially in the top 10.