Left Tackle Has To Be The Pick

Just like the pass rush and Mario Williams will make the LBs and DBs better, LT will be the silver bullet on the offense. Not only will it boost the run game with Spiller and Freddy, it will allow Fitz to really spread out the ball to multiple WRs and TEs which he loves to do.

I have admittedly not been following draft coverage at all, aside from knowing Luck and RGIII will be the first two picks. What does the LT landscape look like at #10?

It's a good question. The thinking seems to be Kalil will be gone. Reiff may or may not be there depending on how other teams see the board.

My guess would be if Reiff is there, we snap him up unless Nix is all Wailey about Reiff's short arms. If Reiff is gone, I don't think there's another LT that's considered to be worthy of being picked that high....we might consider trading back?

I'd kind of like us to draft a WR high but I think Nix nixed that notion?

Just like the pass rush and Mario Williams will make the LBs and DBs better, LT will be the silver bullet on the offense. Not only will it boost the run game with Spiller and Freddy, it will allow Fitz to really spread out the ball to multiple WRs and TEs which he loves to do.

How have the Browns and the Fins been since drafting "silver bullets" in the first round. Even with the musical chairs we had on O-line last season., the Bills had the fewest sacks/hits/passes under duress in the league last season. Who needs an LT in the first round. They can be found anywhere (Bell, Peters).

I think likelihood of Reiff falling to us is getting greater and greater. Players like Poe, Tannehill and Brockers are flying up the draft boards with most of them now projected to be in the top 10.

However, don't discount Buddy selecting a CB at #10 either...I think thats the dark horse position.

It's a good question. The thinking seems to be Kalil will be gone. Reiff may or may not be there depending on how other teams see the board.

My guess would be if Reiff is there, we snap him up unless Nix is all Wailey about Reiff's short arms. If Reiff is gone, I don't think there's another LT that's considered to be worthy of being picked that high....we might consider trading back?

I read his comments only to mean they're out of the FA market with WRs.

I read his comments only to mean they're out of the FA market with WRs.

I felt the same away, but after listening to him on PFT this am....not so sure now. He said they are happy with the 9 they have under contract now. And even back tracked on what he said about us wanting to get another one in addition to resigning Stevie...

How have the Browns and the Fins been since drafting "silver bullets" in the first round. Even with the musical chairs we had on O-line last season., the Bills had the fewest sacks/hits/passes under duress in the league last season. Who needs an LT in the first round. They can be found anywhere (Bell, Peters).

Are you saying that you would not love to have their LTs? Browns and Dolphins have many more holes than we do so that is why LT would be perfect. Even if the Bills did have a ton more holes, I would have drafted the same way Miami and Cleveland did....

When you force picks solely based on need, that's when you draft busts (see Losman, JP). You pick the best player available that most closely fits your needs. PErsonally, I think LTs are overrated and the thought of getting the 3rd best one with the #10 overall pick depresses me. But if the Bills a LT like Martin ahead on their board over the best receiver, LB, or pass rusher, so be it.

I have admittedly not been following draft coverage at all, aside from knowing Luck and RGIII will be the first two picks. What does the LT landscape look like at #10?

i think the pick at #10 will be jonathan martin:-) go bills!

I disagree I think J. Martin he is worthy of a ten and better that Reiff

I would be very happy with a LT at #10. I think that would solidify our line for many years. I would be okay with WR, OLB, or CB, too, but my preference would be LT.

Nix says he likes our WRs despite trying to get Meachem. LT seems to make a lot of sense but let's not rule out OLB.

I don't think anyone can doubt that the Bills will pick any other position than LT with their first pick, unless a very talented player drops unexpectedly - an elite CB, perhaps. The way I see it, though, is that adding Mario Williams gives Buffalo a defense that is now lacking only another great DB and maybe another LB, depending how they use the players they have from last year. Still, their secondary would probably hold up fine as is, with Florence, Williams, Byrd, and Wilson. Adding a elite CB would make our secondary and our D-line elite, and would make us a very, very difficult team to play against.

But, I just think that after watching our offense falter last year, one thing that seemed to cause us real problems with our passing game falling apart was Fitzpatrick getting pressured too early. Two things made our passing game fall apart (three - if you count injuries): Our recievers weren't getting enough separation off the line, and that was disrupting the timing of the routes, and that disruption caused Fitz to hold the ball a little longer; however, the line, due to injuries, wasn't holding up as well and Fitz was being pressured or hit and making poor throws.

So, you add an elite LT to our line, and then Hairston can go to RT, Wood, Levitre and Ubrik in the middle, with Rhinehart as backup - that line is a very good O-line. Now our running game will be excellent with that line, and our passing game - if our defense is a top ten defense - doesn't have to be great. Fitz could be a game manager, or, at least, he wouldn't have to be trying to win games all the time, coming from behind, etc. - and that would make the whole offense better.

So - it's LT with our top pick unless an elite CB drops.

I think likelihood of Reiff falling to us is getting greater and greater. Players like Poe, Tannehill and Brockers are flying up the draft boards with most of them now projected to be in the top 10.

However, don't discount Buddy selecting a CB at #10 either...I think thats the dark horse position.

Just threw up in my mouth. I like your draft better. The Bills have a first rounder and a high 2nd rounder on the roster.....and 1 pass rusher. They need to further build the front 7 or else all the dbs will look like free agents, regardless of how high they are drafted.

Unless there is ridiculous value (ONLY CLAIBORNE), I think CB is a wasted pick. I haven't heard of Brockers in the top 10 lately, but Poe (too high) and Tannehill (people are desperate for QBs)...absolutely.

Good draft by the way. Not sure why 2 ILBs, but they are good players.

Which draft boards are these guys flying up? The actual team boards or the mock draft jokers that use Kiper and Mayock as templates. These guys you mention were probably going to be picked very high to begin with. Dre K would make me happy at 10 with Kalil guaranteed to be off the board.

Just threw up in my mouth. I like your draft better. The Bills have a first rounder and a high 2nd rounder on the roster.....and 1 pass rusher. They need to further build the front 7 or else all the dbs will look like free agents, regardless of how high they are drafted.

Unless there is ridiculous value (ONLY CLAIBORNE), I think CB is a wasted pick. I haven't heard of Brockers in the top 10 lately, but Poe (too high) and Tannehill (people are desperate for QBs)...absolutely.

Good draft by the way. Not sure why 2 ILBs, but they are good players.

So sorry to hear about the vomit in your mouth.

Right now, I'd say our two biggest needs are OT and WR. Apparently, the Bills brass seemed to have similar thoughts when they pursued WRs early in FA. However, there aren't really many great options available right now.

IMO, we should look around at a good OT, and then draft a WR in the first round of the draft. Also, keep in mind WRs can usually contribute faster in the 'big leagues' than OTs, who might need a year or more to develop.

We'd really be going places if we manage to pull that off. Our CBs don't have to be great, considering the deadly pass rush we'll have.

Excuse me, I have to leave now to go get in line for individual game tickets.

I don't think anyone can doubt that the Bills will pick any other position than LT with their first pick, unless a very talented player drops unexpectedly - an elite CB, perhaps. The way I see it, though, is that adding Mario Williams gives Buffalo a defense that is now lacking only another great DB and maybe another LB, depending how they use the players they have from last year. Still, their secondary would probably hold up fine as is, with Florence, Williams, Byrd, and Wilson. Adding a elite CB would make our secondary and our D-line elite, and would make us a very, very difficult team to play against.

But, I just think that after watching our offense falter last year, one thing that seemed to cause us real problems with our passing game falling apart was Fitzpatrick getting pressured too early. Two things made our passing game fall apart (three - if you count injuries): Our recievers weren't getting enough separation off the line, and that was disrupting the timing of the routes, and that disruption caused Fitz to hold the ball a little longer; however, the line, due to injuries, wasn't holding up as well and Fitz was being pressured or hit and making poor throws.

So, you add an elite LT to our line, and then Hairston can go to RT, Wood, Levitre and Ubrik in the middle, with Rhinehart as backup - that line is a very good O-line. Now our running game will be excellent with that line, and our passing game - if our defense is a top ten defense - doesn't have to be great. Fitz could be a game manager, or, at least, he wouldn't have to be trying to win games all the time, coming from behind, etc. - and that would make the whole offense better.

So - it's LT with our top pick unless an elite CB drops.

Are you saying that any highly ranked LT available at 10 would get the job done? I doubt that will turn out to be the case.