OT: Deer in the backyard

Thanks Mario, for bringing this problem the national attention that it deserves. There are actual herds of deer running rampant here in Southern Erie County. Not enough people are hunting, and many that do hunt are also tagging coyotes. I for one, am glad that Mario is willing to mow the deer down with machine guns, and I hope that he leaves the coyotes alone. What's your opinion, fellow residents?

Thanks Mario, for bringing this problem the national attention that it deserves. There are actual herds of deer running rampant here in Southern Erie County. Not enough people are hunting, and many that do hunt are also tagging coyotes. I for one, am glad that Mario is willing to mow the deer down with machine guns, and I hope that he leaves the coyotes alone. What's your opinion, fellow residents?

get the coyotes, unfortunately. They do not have enough of a natural predetor and need to be kept in check, too. They also go after pets and livestock.

"It's a Deer, Not a Choice!"

Send Mario down to the southern tier to gun down some of the feral pigs that are running around everywhere

Send the Big Bad Wolf after the Little Pigs? Perfect!

There was a story in the Hartford Courant today that the state DEEP reported 7 dogs were killed in February by coyotes. It's a growing problem, and as jboy wrote, they have no natural predators. They are also not native to the northeast.

So yes, the numbers of both need to be culled. (I'd add Canada geese to that category, too.)

There was a story in the Hartford Courant today that the state DEEP reported 7 dogs were killed in February by coyotes. It's a growing problem, and as jboy wrote, they have no natural predators. They are also not native to the northeast.

So yes, the numbers of both need to be culled. (I'd add Canada geese to that category, too.)

If there is any animal that needs culling, it's geese. I don't hunt but I hate those stupid birds. They're all over the place, crapping on everything. Just really disgusting creatures.

Oh hell yes. We have those things all over the place down here in Virginia. I'd love it if someone went open season on those things.

Well, I Just went open season on a big flock of them for you, Doc, Terminator 2 style.

Ground up and in the freezer. :thumbsup:

Seriously, though, my dictionary has both "deer," and "deers," as the plural. Round these parts, we call 'em deer, but if there's only one we call it a doe, or a buck, or a fawn. But if one jumps out in front of the car, we shout, "Deer!," 'cause we don't have time to check the size or the butt, but it can get confusing if we're not sure if there's more than one jumping.

That's just the way we do it, just saying "deer," and I can't imagine anybody shouting "deers!" even if there were 10 of them ramming their ways into the car. We wouldn't ever think of saying "deers" except maybe perhaps if we were comparing the looks or taste of two deers. Then, we might ask, "which one of the two deers did you like better, Jimbo?" I think if its three, we tend to just call them three deer. It must be only for two that we call them deers, in these here parts, not everywhere.

Edited by Franz Kafka

Shoot the deer and the coyotes :thumbsup:

Oh hell yes. We have those things all over the place down here in Virginia. I'd love it if someone went open season on those things.

Those ducks taste good too better than Turkey.