Did Jimbo Reveal Something About The Upcoming Draft

Mr. T

I was watching the interview with Jim Kelly regarding todays signing of Super Mario. About two thirds of way through it a made a comment about it opens up many options for the upcoming draft. Than he says something about trading the 10th overall pick. Quickly changes the subject afterwards. Did anyone else catch that, or did my ears play a trick on me?

Edited by Mr. T

I was watching the interview with Jim Kelly regarding todays signing of Super Mario. About two thirds of way through it a made a comment about it opens up many options for the upcoming draft. Than he says something about trading the 10th overall pick. Quickly changes the subject afterwards. Did anyone else catch that, or did my ears play a trick on me?

What I assume is that if he were running the show, he would "dangle" the pick out there for a trade. He did say that "they have their own plan," so I'm assuming that Nix has no trade-backs planned.

I also heard both of those comments and must say it would not surprise me if they moved back a few slots for an extra pick in the 2nd (or possibly third?). It is up to them, I am not going to say anything about anything they do in the rest of the off season in any critical way, because at this point "in Buddy I trust".

Hopefully Tannehill will be there at 10 and we'll get some nice offers.

I'm just not getting the attraction for Tannehill. Seems less likely to be a top notch QB than Blaine Gabbert did in last years draft. Gabbert showed little to nothing last year after being so hyped leading up to the draft. I get the same feel about Tannehill.

Dangerous to trade down if we need a LT because the drop off in talent is substantial. Kalil is gone for sure and many have Reiff going before 10. That only leaves two top tier OTs--Martin and Adams. Signing Bell would be nice because then we can trade down (assuming a partner is there) and still grab a quality WR (Wright, Sanu, Hill, etc...) and an extra pick to use on BPA (imagine being able to take Branch, Curry, Crick or Cam Johnson and using the extra pick to grab one of the TEs to pair with Chandler?). If we pass on Bell, let' s take our LT of the future at 10 and then we won't have to worry about LT for the next 5-7 years --wouldn't that be nice?

I'm just not getting the attraction for Tannehill. Seems less likely to be a top notch QB than Blaine Gabbert did in last years draft. Gabbert showed little to nothing last year after being so hyped leading up to the draft. I get the same feel about Tannehill.

I agree...Ive heard other teams are high on him though so having him in play when our turn comes around would be great

goodluck with that comment. :wallbash:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's right about Tannehill dropping out of the first.

Every year, the "experts" push about 15 guys as SURE-FIRE top 10 picks, and about 45 guys as SURE-FIRE first round picks. They don't know.

Consider this. These are the teams that really need a quarterback:

Miami, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Washington, Seattle

We know that Indianaplis is taking Luck and Washington is taking Griffin.

The current assumption is that either Seattle or Miami will sign Matt Flynn.

When Peyton Manning signs, it will likely put Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Tebow or Kevin Kolb on the market. There is a good chance that one of the two remaining teams I listed snatch that guy up.

That leaves one potential suitor for Tannehill. That team may not like him. Or they may be more comfortable waiting awhile and going for Brandon Wheeden.

Exactly! There was huge contingent of forum members that wanted us to make him our pick. How would that have worked out? Without Dareus we might literally have had the worst defense EVER! If a a LT is there that is plug and play for 5 years I say we get him. Resigning Bell if he doesn't get any decent offers is an option too. We could potentially move down and get an extra pick in the 2nd from somebody like Cleveland that has 2 firsts.

If that happens the Bills might roll the dice again and they could trade down and target Mercilus later in the first and or come up with the WR Floyd.

Edited by PDaDdy

Tannehill will most DEFINITELY still be there at the 10th pick...

...of the second round.

(and quite probably the 3rd round as well.)

That's what people said about Christian Ponder last year and he ended up going #12 overall. How many mock drafts had the Bills taking him in the 2nd round? Teams are so desperate for a franchise QB that they're willing to reach. Don’t be shocked if it happens again this year.

...of the second round.

Or in the top 5, dependening on who you listen to.

I think The Bills could easily Trade Down a few spots and still land Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams...If they picked up an extra #2, and still got a LT in the 1st Round, that would be HUGE!...It's the best-case-scenario IMHO... B-)

...of the second round.

Not saying this is my personal opinion of where he should go...But...The feeling is (at least with the guys on NFL Network including Mayock) Tannehill is going Top 9 for sure, and may even go to Cleveland at #4... The guy from The Sporting News they had on "Path To The Draft" last night felt the Bills should Trade Up for Tannehill (which we all know won't happen)... So...Looks like he's going REAL high... B-)

I here ya, AJ, but I would be stunned if Miami let him slip.

Heck, even on the NFL network they suggested that we should be interested in him, for what it is worth.

OMG - that is one heck of a qualifier!!!

I am surprised they aren't still reporting MW left town without a contract Tuesday night.

:oops:

Of course - now they have Billick and Baldinger going on about what a lousy waste of money it was for the Bills to sign him.

We will literally never win with those no-brain front-runner fools until we actually win a Super Bowl or 3. I get that they focus on winners - what's annoying is how they give other bad teams a pass they don't give the Bills.

ESPN and SI, on the other hand, are all over us now. It will be interesting to hear what Peter King has to say.

Edited by BobChalmers

I here ya, AJ, but I would be stunned if Miami let him slip.

Heck, even on the NFL network they suggested that we should be interested in him, for what it is worth.

I heard that too...the Dolphins are having a tough time down there...I wouldn't be surprised if they bit on Tannehill.

If you consider that Buddy, along with the highly regarded Mike Mayock, don't think this year's crop of DEs are worth a top ten pick, then it would make sense to trade down. However, with MW's signing, the Bills no longer have a need for that pass-rushing DE in the draft and so now might keep the 10th pick and use it on a WR or LT. That's possibly what Kelly meant.