Brodrick Bunkley

papazoid

best free agent available that will not break the bank....could sign him for $5-6 mil/yr.....at 28 he is in his prime.

At least one AFC personnel director believes Brodrick Bunkley is the best 4-3 nose tackle available in free agency.The 4-3 nose position is different from the 3-4 nose. 4-3 NTs are ordinarily lighter and expected to rush the passer more. "He's got some talent," the AFC exec said of Bunkley. "He can get up the field and be that penetrator."

Old Team: Denver Broncos

Ht / Wt: 6'2' / 306

Age / DOB: (28) / 11/23/1983

College: Florida State

it's no accident that philly's defense got worse and Denvers got better last year.

while not a glaring need, he would be the perfect 3rd DT in a rotation with Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus. everyone else on our roster, including troup sucks (although i think kellen heard has some potential).

cut some dead weight if needed....dwan edwards, spencer johnson....unfortunately troup is going nowhere til the end of his rookie deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3663/brodrick-bunkley

Ya that's all well & good but what about Troupe , Carrington , Edwards , & Spencer ?? I think were pretty set at D line !! We need other positions more than another D line player unless of coarse they cut Edwards or Spencer !!

best free agent available that will not break the bank....could sign him for $5-6 mil/yr.....at 28 he is in his prime.

At least one AFC personnel director believes Brodrick Bunkley is the best 4-3 nose tackle available in free agency.The 4-3 nose position is different from the 3-4 nose. 4-3 NTs are ordinarily lighter and expected to rush the passer more. "He's got some talent," the AFC exec said of Bunkley. "He can get up the field and be that penetrator."

Old Team: Denver Broncos

Ht / Wt: 6'2' / 306

Age / DOB: (28) / 11/23/1983

College: Florida State

it's no accident that philly's defense got worse and Denvers got better last year.

while not a glaring need, he would be the perfect 3rd DT in a rotation with Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus. everyone else on our roster, including troup sucks (although i think kellen heard has some potential).

cut some dead weight if needed....dwan edwards, spencer johnson....unfortunately troup is going nowhere til the end of his rookie deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3663/brodrick-bunkley

would take him over Troup but is unlikely, Also Jaye Howard could be drafted in 3-4rnd as a 3 technique and kellen at Nose. Jaye is super explosive and can rush the passer from tackle and even end and would be nice addition.

Ya that's all well & good but what about Troupe , Carrington , Edwards , & Spencer ?? I think were pretty set at D line !! We need other positions more than another D line player unless of coarse they cut Edwards or Spencer !!

Agree except for Carrington, who I would hope is being allowed to lose weight to get back to his proper college form as a 4-3 DE.

1331900021[/url]' post='2410798']

here is a link to the top 100 free agents.....find one better than bunkley.

http://profootballta...-agent-hot-100/

You think Bunkley is better than everyone available on the list? All 28 guys that are still available and ranked higher might be better. There are a few wrs, LTs and CBs on that list that are all ranked higher and are positions of need. Paying a backup 5-7 mill just doesn't make sense when we still have serious holes (lt, Wr, lb and even cb). Pass

I think the Bills desperately need another DT. I'm not sure how good Kyle Wms is cuz they stunk with him, but they were god awful after he got hurt. Unless they are convinced of Troup's ability to rotate in, they need a 3rd DT. And there's a bunch of 'em in the draft. I think they'd be better off to plug in a nice, cheap draft pick (see Brandon Thompson, Devon Still, Jerel Worthy).

Edited by JPS

You think Bunkley is better than everyone available on the list? All 28 guys that are still available and ranked higher might be better. There are a few wrs, LTs and CBs on that list that are all ranked higher and are positions of need. Paying a backup 5-7 mill just doesn't make sense when we still have serious holes (lt, Wr, lb and even cb). Pass

yes i do.....when you factor in need, talent, cost, probabilty we could get him etc....

i think bunkley is the best FA left. yes there are a couple choices who are more talented...but you may have to pay close to $10 mil/yr to get em.

pick one of the 28 you say might be better.

yes i do.....when you factor in need, talent, cost, probabilty we could get him etc....

i think bunkley is the best FA left. yes there are a couple choices who are more talented...but you may have to pay close to $10 mil/yr to get em.

pick one of the 28 you say might be better.

Ok, I'll play. Brandon Lloyd. He plays a position of ABSOLUTE need. He will cost around the same as Bunkley. He's one year removed from the problem in which he was one of the most productive wrs in the league. The following season they go with Tebow, who is limited as a QB then traded to the rams, who had zero weapons to go with him. He'll cost about the same as Bunkley and will start. No brainer to me. He's 30, not 35

Ok, I'll play. Brandon Lloyd. He plays a position of ABSOLUTE need. He will cost around the same as Bunkley. He's one year removed from the problem in which he was one of the most productive wrs in the league. The following season they go with Tebow, who is limited as a QB then traded to the rams, who had zero weapons to go with him. He'll cost about the same as Bunkley and will start. No brainer to me. He's 30, not 35

WINNER!

yep...thats a good pick.....but he kinda has his heart set on re-uniting with josh mcdaniel in new england (gushes over how josh used). also based on what recent WR are being paid, i'm not so sure he accepts $5-6 mil. i think eventually he gives new england a discount.

ROTOWORLD: It was widely assumed that Lloyd was going to New England, but he then booked a visit with the receiver-needy Niners. It could be a case of setting market value. Lloyd reportedly told Patriots players that his contract demands in New England would be "reasonable."

But Lloyd has made clear since before he became a free agent that New England was where he wanted to go, and if the reports that he signed for $12 million over three years are true, then he took less money to play for the Patriots. That shows how badly he wants to be a Patriot, and how ready he is to get to work in New England.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/brandon-lloyd-ready-for-work-in-new-england/