What About The Number 90 ??

T master

Well now that the hoopla is over & Mario W is a Buffalo Bill , one thing i never thought of was the number 90 ??

That has been Kelsays number since he has been a Bill right ? And he is a veteran of the team . I know the fans myself being one of them would have Kelsay give Williams his number that he has worn since he was drafted .

But will Chris Kelsay feel the same ??

Or was there a number that Mario had while in college that he couldn't get when drafted by the Texans that may now be open that he is with the Bills ??

Or the possibility that they just flat out cut Kelsay if they draft say Coples in the first round which would be some money saved & staying with the theme of getting younger , then there would be no trouble with Mario getting his number that he had in Texas ..

Just wondering what you all might be thinking about this if you haven't thought about it until now . I know i didn't until i saw a clip on NFL 32 that showed Kelsay & that started the thought behind the number or player changes !!!

It's all yours Bills fans .. GO BILLS !!!!!

Edited by T master

Might consider releasing Kelsey, but perhaps he can be more effective at the end position with Williams opposite him , then again he didnt do much with Schoebel there did he?

Either way restructure his deal-He's overpaid,and get some additional depth-Kelsey is pretty old-We can probably do better.

Might consider releasing Kelsey, but perhaps he can be more effective at the end position with Williams opposite him , then again he didnt do much with Schoebel there did he?

I hope we are not seriously comparing Mario Williams to Aaron Schobel.

After reading about the Mario signing, they said he would line up along with Merriman, K Williams, Dareus, and Kelsay. Kelsay is the weakest player out of the 4 for sure. For $50 million guaranteed, he should have no problem picking another jersey.

Well now that the hoopla is over & Mario W is a Buffalo Bill , one thing i never thought of was the number 90 ??

That has been Kelsays number since he has been a Bill right ? And he is a veteran of the team . I know the fans myself being one of them would have Kelsay give Williams his number that he has worn since he was drafted .

But will Chris Kelsay feel the same ??

Or was there a number that Mario had while in college that he couldn't get when drafted by the Texans that may now be open that he is with the Bills ??

Or the possibility that they just flat out cut Kelsay if they draft say Coples in the first round which would be some money saved & staying with the theme of getting younger , then there would be no trouble with Mario getting his number that he had in Texas ..

Just wondering what you all might be thinking about this if you haven't thought about it until now . I know i didn't until i saw a clip on NFL 32 that showed Kelsay & that started the thought behind the number or player changes !!!

It's all yours Bills fans .. GO BILLS !!!!!

He wore #9 at NC State.

I hope we are not seriously comparing Mario Williams to Aaron Schobel.

Was this a slam against Schobel or a compliment ???

Well i just went and looked at Arron Schobels first 6 years in the league & just so you know Schobel had 60.5 sacks :worthy: in his first 6 years so ya i'd say that there could be a comparison between the 2 seeing as Mario to this point , 6 years in his career only has 53 sacks :worthy: ..

Schobel was no slouch , matter of fact he was one of if not the best players the Bills had in all of those bad years , Hell i would be willing to bet that if he was to come back now after being gone for what 2 years & completely healed up he could still put up more sacks than any other player currently on the roster !!

With all that being said we haven't had that kind of impact since Schobel left !!

Arron Schobel :worthy: :worthy: !!!!!!!

Edited by T master

Well i just went and looked at Arron Schobels first 6 years in the league & just so you know Schobel had 60.5 sacks in his first 6 years so ya i'd say that there could be a comparison between the 2 seeing as Mario to this point , 6 years in his career only has 53 sacks ..

Schobel was no slouch , matter of fact he was one of if not the best player the Bills had in all of those bad years , Hell i would be willing to bet that if he was to come back now after being gone for what 2 years he could still put up more sacks than any other player currently on the roster !!

Wow, I knew he was good, I never knew he was THAT good! Those are really impressive stats for schoebel!!

Was this a slam against Schobel or a compliment ???

Well i just went and looked at Arron Schobels first 6 years in the league & just so you know Schobel had 60.5 sacks :worthy: in his first 6 years so ya i'd say that there could be a comparison between the 2 seeing as Mario to this point , 6 years in his career only has 53 sacks :worthy: ..

Schobel was no slouch , matter of fact he was one of if not the best players the Bills had in all of those bad years , Hell i would be willing to bet that if he was to come back now after being gone for what 2 years & completely healed up he could still put up more sacks than any other player currently on the roster !!

With all that being said we haven't had that kind of impact since Schobel left !

I'm sure he would appreciate your fan mail. I'm more insulted that people are already calling Mario the next Bruce Smith. Mario would have to drive drunk ALOT to catch up to him. Also he doesn't have as many sacks.

If the Bills have indeed told Mario he will be playing LDE, then there are 3 possibilities for Kelsay: he can stick as depth at LDE, he can try switching to RDE + winning that starting job, or he can get cut..I think/would hope that whatever 'clout' CK had on this team just took a big hit after today's actions... best for him to just give #90 up if Mario wants it.

With all that being said we haven't had that kind of impact since Schobel left !!

Bring Aaron Schobel back out of retirement! With two years rest, he may have a couple years of fire left in him.

I think Kelsay should offer it (for free), and Mario should say, naw man, you keep it.. that'd be the stand-up thing to do on both ends..

id like to be there and see that except that after kelsey hands over the jersey Mario says," thanks Bi^#$%, now go make me a samich!"