Ralph Wilson and One Bills Drive Appreciation Thread

Thank you first of all to RALPH WILSON for this day and for funding this. Holy cow, 100 million!

Thank you Nix, Gailey and Wannstedt for executing this and on committing to building a long term winner.

Thank you TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WORKS AT ONE BILLS DRIVE for the hard work.

Thank you to the city of Buffalo and most importantly the fans.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY MARIO!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Thank you to all that Mario mentioned:

Thanks Mr. Wilson!

The fans

The coaches

Russ Brandon

The great guys in the front office

Kyle Williams, who convinced him at Tempo

The atmosphere that Mario was attracted to

camaraderie, even with coaches

Our college atmosphere

Being up front with Mario

Jim Kelly --did some heavy recruiting during some hunting adventures

Buddy Nix in his interview on GR said a woman that works for the Bills named Gretchen, and Brad Smith's wife played a huge role in making Mario's fiance comfortable and liking the area and showing her around. They already bought a house in Orchard Park.

When I was growing up in Buffalo, my neighbors had a Bassett Hound named Gretchen. What a great dog, and friendly.

Coincidence? I think not.

Buddy Nix in his interview on GR said a woman that works for the Bills named Gretchen, and Brad Smith's wife played a huge role in making Mario's fiance comfortable and liking the area and showing her around. They already bought a house in Orchard Park.

That's probably Gretchen Geitter, Vice President of Community Relations. Very nice woman, I got to work for her in many of the community events the Bills do throughout the year.

Thank you Ralph, been a fan since you put the team in Buffalo in 1961 and as a ten year old, went to the Bills-Patriots game that year......Bills won 38-14. And this is another high point!!! Congratulations to Buddy Nix and the entire coaching staff for making this happen.

Thank you first of all to RALPH WILSON for this day and for funding this. Holy cow, 100 million!

Thank you Nix, Gailey and Wannstedt for executing this and on committing to building a long term winner.

Thank you TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT WORKS AT ONE BILLS DRIVE for the hard work.

Thank you to the city of Buffalo and most importantly the fans.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY MARIO!!!

GO BILLS!!!

+100million :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!

Always alot of negative comments about the Bills organization. I believe alot is deserved. But, today personally, Id like to make positive comments about the moves the front office is making. Thank you Buddy for so far proving that you are a no nonsense guy. I believe that the Bills are taking this offseason very serious and have made the most of the opportunities. With a good draft and hopefully a WR to help Stevie, I honestly think we are headin even closer in the right direction. You can feel the buzz in the air. I thought Mario Williams was increasing his stock by taking so long here to make other teams nervous. But hey, cant blame anyone for feeling cynical about the Bills for 12 years. Hopefully, if Nix gives Freddie a pay raise, it will show good faith to the other players that if you produce you will be rewarded. Good job Buffalo! and Thank you for something to be excited about next year.

Edited by Smears

BUT... BUT.... BUT....Ralph is cheap!

oh wait 97 million, 50 mill guaranteed....good lord....NOBODY can ever make that statement again!

wow what a signing, good job goes to Buddy Nix, Ralph Wilson, and even the 3 headed monster :P

If Ralph would have told us his plan of being cheap for 50 years to sign the best defensive free agent of 2012, we all would have been cooler about it. thumbsup.gif

People need to vent, but few things are every as they seem. We complain moment to moment, day to day, but Buddy always had the long view.

I am taken back to when Ralph stood at midfield and told fans he would do whatever it took to build a winner. We scoffed, especially when Shanahan and Cowher blew us off, and we hired, what looked like at the time, as third tier rejects in Nix and Gailey. Well it looks like the old coot got it right.

PTR

This is the same guy who didn't want to come to Buffalo in 1986 and here he is with his wife more than 25 years later as our recruiting ambassador to get players in Buffalo and get them comfortable. No matter if you like him or not one thing is for sure in my mind the Bills might not even exist without him. Thank you Jim for still being a leader and wearing the red white a blue proud.