Rinehart, Urbik tendered

The Bills never disclose contract details, for some reason. I guess they don't give up the details on tender offers either. I really wish the NFL maintained a full player salary database, with up-to-the-minute cap info for all teams and players.

I don't doubt it...where did you find that info?

Nice work.

Corrected my post as it looks like this changed a bit.

My bad.

I don't know how the levels work.

I guess the "levels" are designated by the dollars offered to the player in comparison to the league?

Does anyone know how that works?

Edited by Why So Serious?

If you're tendering 1 RFA, the tender will be a 1st, 99.99% of the time.

If you're tendering 2 RFA, the tender will be a 1st and a 2nd, 99.99% of the time.

If you're tendering 3 RFA, the tender will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd 99.99% of the time . . .

The whole point of tendering a RFA is not to lose the player. So you want the penalty to a team that tries to sign them, very high.

You could tender all three with first round picks if you wanted. It's only a question of money.

Here's some answers...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/39279/mailbag-a-note-on-rfa-tenders

In 2012, according to NFL.com, there are three levels of RFA tenders. A player who requires a first-round compensation will get a tender (and cap number) worth $2.742 million, according to NFL.com. Second-round tenders are worth $1.927 million in cap and cash, and tenders that include right to match only are worth $1.26 million.

RFAs may be tagged at whatever level the team chooses. If another team offers a contract to your RFA, you may either match the monetary terms of the deal, or let the player walk and receive the draft pick (based on the amount tendered) in compensation. Also, poison pill contracts are removed from the new CBA.

Great news.

So which players are left that the Bills have not retained before the free agency period starts?

Bell and Scott are the two obvious guys.

Bell is as good as gone. Two much money for what they Bills know he is. An average LT with a bad history of injuries- most likely due to the fact he was/is weak compared to most OL in the NFL.

Scott is interesting one, may wait and see if he gets any offers. I believe he will give the Bills a shot at matching if/when he does.

At this point in his career Scott is really a nickel/dime OLB brought in for coverage. And provides some depth at safety. With Searcy playing solidly for a rookie, he becomes more expendable when it comes to safety depth. IMHO

Great news.

So which players are left that the Bills have not retained before the free agency period starts?

Only significantly Scott who they are talking to

LT Demetrius Bell

WR Roscoe Parrish

S Bryan Scott

WR Derek Hagan

HB Tashard Choice

LB Andra Davis

CB Reggie Corner

LB Reggie Torbor

K Dave Rayner

:thumbsup: Buddy has impressed me so far and we are not even into FA yet. Good offseason moves all around. Remember when we never had any consistency in our O-line, these guys will be better for this and actually the injuries although sad and crappy for us last year did give a lot of players some playing time together. I am just remembering the talk on this board a few years ago about the line having time to really gel. Depth is important and I am happy to see us building on it.

Only significantly Scott who they are talking to

LT Demetrius Bell

WR Roscoe Parrish

S Bryan Scott

WR Derek Hagan

HB Tashard Choice

LB Andra Davis

CB Reggie Corner

LB Reggie Torbor

K Dave Rayner

I see these 3 getting offers from us (whether they stay ???)

there were reports Friday that the Bills and Scott were negotiating and the expectatiion if that he will be signed before tomorrow. We'll see. I like his versatility and leadership. Would love to see him stay. One less roster spot to fill.