EVERY FITZPATRICK HATER

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Hater here. Let's pass judgement on Fitz after his tenth year in the league. He's only been in the NFL for 7 seasons. He has room to grow. Unlike Cam Newton and Andy Dalton, he had no offseason to prepare for last year. Sucks he got hurt last year though, cuz it's not like T. Romo played with broken ribs or a punctured lung or anything like that.

I would love to drink a beer with Fitz. He seems like a great guy. Do I want him as our starting QB? No. Stop gap? No choice. Draft a high round QB? This year? No. Next year? A must.

We have a ton of reasons why we collapsed last season, but we have to stop offering up excuses. Fitz and his poor play were a major part of why we fell off last year. Even when we were so high because we were winning games early, I was the skeptic waiting expecting for the flop. I wasn't vocal because I don't post very often. Fitz just showed us his true colors. Inconfitztancy.

But alas...I would love if Ryan turned out to be the QB that we need...I do root for the guy, but I have no faith in him whatsoever. Neither do the Bills long term...evidenced by the type of contract they gave him.

I hope I am proven wrong next year and I am accepting crow recipies from this point foward. Don't think i will need them though...

I feel better now.

This is a brilliant post. :worthy:

.... "Inconfitztancy" :lol:

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I thought his arm got weaker as each game went a long and I still won't a better QB. But I still want Fitz to succeed just not sure he ever will, Nix better get some top talent around him or we are screwed again and Channy better run the ball more if Fitz is to survive and flourish.

Im a hater because I don't settle for the status quo. Its time we revive this franchise and it starts with a star qb, not signing a career backup to a long term deal after 6 games. If he plays like total crap again, looks like a homeless bum, and gets paid to be a franchise qb next year, I might flip out

I will compare to jim kelly because while at work around week 7 i was listening to the jim rohm show and they brought up with fitz's 9 starts last year and combined it with this years first 7 or so added it up to be his first full 16 game season and across the board identicle to kellys 1st season. Why do u think he got that big contract. It wasnt just because of the first 7games.

Right but for Kelly those were HOF numbers and today those are pretty middle of the pack.

Whats funny is when we were 5-2 i dont remember hearing anyone talking crap about our qb. 8 injuries later our team was weakened. This fall Nix will have the pieces in place to compete and win our division!!!!!!!!!! Then we will see how many people want another qb. Cause i wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but crap will be talked about Fitz always. He will never be Cam Newton or Andrew Luck or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers and some here will never forgive him for that.

In addition, look around: Eli Manning won a superbowl and people were still talking crap about him before last season. Mediocre, not good enough, coasted in behind a talented team, throws too many interceptions.

Now that he's won another superbowl, he's only a couple of bad games away from more Talk du Crap.

Relax and enjoy it all, including the haters.

Edited by Hopeful

Sorry, but crap will be talked about Fitz always. He will never be Cam Newton or Andrew Luck or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers and some here will never forgive him for that.

In addition, look around: Eli Manning won a superbowl and people were still talking crap about him before last season. Mediocre, not good enough, coasted in behind a talented team, throws too many interceptions.

Now that he's won another superbowl, he's only a couple of bad games away from more Talk du Crap.

Relax and enjoy it all, including the haters.

I obviously thought that his 2nd SB victory would officially cross Eli off the Fitz comparison list...

But apparently not... :doh:

I'm more upset about the money we paid backup QBs than Fitzpatricks payday. Fitz had broken ribs, yet we had so little confidence in backup QBs that we stuck with him though loss after loss. What are we paying the other QBs for? Keeping the bench toasty? To make sure the clipboard stays airborne? We need a Fitz alternative just in case.

This IMO is a really valid point. With the injury, and as bad as Fitz was playing the next couple weeks, one has to wonder why Thiggy's butt stayed on the bench.

Well, no, when I've seen him, I don't wonder - but it begs the question you're asking, if he isn't better than a banged-up Fitz throwing pick after pick, why are we paying him?

I obviously thought that his 2nd SB victory would officially cross Eli off the Fitz comparison list...

But apparently not... :doh:

You're smacking your head to try to put some reading comprehension into it, right? :devil:

Let's review: Crap was still talked about Eli after 1 SB win. Crap will likely still be talked about Eli if he slips to another league-leading interception year like 2010. Therefore, Crap will likely still be talked about Fitz even if he manages a full season like the start of last year. All it will need is a bad game.

That is not.equal.to saying Fitz = Eli or any other QB by any reasonable read or interpretation.

May I offer you asprin for that poor smacked noggin? Or, if you like, carry on...

Until he proves that he can post a winning record for an entire season and lead this team to the playoffs, Fitz is fair game for criticism. If he was too hurt to play and he was hurting the team (because he WAS hurting the team) then he should have sat on the bench and healed. I don't care who they put in to replace him, anyone can "lead" a team to seven straight losses. Many of those losses were a direct result of his poor play. Yes, the defense sucked, but guess what? They sucked all year, even when they were winning. I am not sold on Fitz as a starter and I do not hate him. He seems like a good guy and his team mates love him. That's all well and good, but it has nothing to do with being a competent QB. He is a smart guy and reads defenses well. The problem is that his body often can't cash the checks his mind is writing. I root for him like every fan, but I am also a realist. As a famous man once said "Don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby."

No one hates Fitzpatrick. It's the reality of would he be good enough in a QB driven league to first beat out Brady, Manning (were he to join the Dolphins) to win the division. Then, would he be able to beat Rodgers, Brees or the other Manning in the Superbowl were they to get there with him.

I don't care about just making the playoffs. I want the Bills to win a Superbowl. Multiple Superbowls. I know it sucks to give up the draft picks, but I truly feel like this is the Bills last opportunity for the next four or five years get themselves a star franchise QB who has the extraordinary talents to be able to beat all those QBs mentioned above.

If they don't do it, then I hope that Fitzpatrick is a very late blooming Drew Brees. I actually think it's possible (given the first part of last season), but it looks like a long shot. They need him to be another Brees if they want to win a Superbowl.

This IMO is a really valid point. With the injury, and as bad as Fitz was playing the next couple weeks, one has to wonder why Thiggy's butt stayed on the bench.

Well, no, when I've seen him, I don't wonder - but it begs the question you're asking, if he isn't better than a banged-up Fitz throwing pick after pick, why are we paying him?

You're smacking your head to try to put some reading comprehension into it, right? :devil:

Let's review: Crap was still talked about Eli after 1 SB win. Crap will likely still be talked about Eli if he slips to another league-leading interception year like 2010. Therefore, Crap will likely still be talked about Fitz even if he manages a full season like the start of last year. All it will need is a bad game.

That is not.equal.to saying Fitz = Eli or any other QB by any reasonable read or interpretation.

May I offer you asprin for that poor smacked noggin? Or, if you like, carry on...

I'll carry on...Thank you very much for your permission though... ;)

It's actually quite simple...Fitz is not in Eli's neighborhood as a QB overall...You can use any way you want to compare the two...Whatever criteria...It's not apples to apples, and as long as Bills Fans keep pulling these unrealistic comparisons to QB's who are better than Fitz they will continue to be disappointed...

I know I'm being a bit hard-assed...But seriously when I see these type of comparisons I'm reminded of the Fitz brown-nosers who stated right here on this forum one year ago that Fitz was the next Drew Brees in the NFL...And it's these type of comparisons that drive me nuts...I'm not a Fitz hater...I like the guy and certainly hope the best for him and The Bills...But to me at least, he is what he is...And comparing him to Eli or Brees in any way, even in Fan expectation and reaction, is ridiculous to me...He's not that guy...He's never been that guy...That does not mean The Bills can't win with him...It just means they could win a hell of a lot easier with a better QB...

No offense btw...Don't take it so personally that Fitz is just an average QB overall...And it's not crap talk when there is more than enough hard evidence to back it...It is what it is... B-)

He went near full games without 10-15+ yard completions.... I don't even remember offhand... Eagles? That he went 1-4 for 12 yards on throws over 10. Something like that? There were skeptics. He's good not great, even with a healthy team. I don't even remember the stats but roughly during games 4-7 of that stretch there were some atrocious numbers downfield.

You must not remember the first game against NE

He even had the longest throw in bills history to T.O., 99 yards

Haters want to hate. Nothing you can do about it. Even if the Bills come out on fire like they did last year you will still have people whining about why the Bills didn't do everything they could to go get their "pet" QB of choice and pointing to the TEAM falling apart the second half of the season. Some people get that Fitz is not the problem and in THIS system at THIS time in his career he is very capable and effective with the Bills.

Pointing out the exception doesn't invalidate the rule but nobody cared that Kurt Warner was bagging groceries for years before he got back into the league, got the starting job due to injury and happened to be in the right place, right time and right system to win a superbowl. Afterwards Warner had many ups and downs and his career was considered over when he started losing with the Rams and was replaced by a rookie Eli Manning in NY. Suddenly he ends up in Arizona with Fitzgerald and Boldin and he was a star again and made it to the NFC championship game.

Most people don't get that it is a team game and the system, scheme and team around a guy are as much of a factor as the individual play of the QB. Matt Cassel set the world on fire in New England when Brady went down. In KC, not so much. Keep the faith. Haters are just going to hate.

Edited by PDaDdy

Are there any Fitzpatrick haters? He's hard not to like, a tough gutsy underdog and a good leader, but the fact of the matter is he's just not that good of a QB. Most of us on this boards just want to see the Bills continually make the playoffs and become a contender for a championship and Fitz ain't it.

You must not remember the first game against NE

He even had the longest throw in bills history to T.O., 99 yards

i do. hence i dont think hes a flop. hes been very up and down was my point, and even during our 5-2 run that the poster was talking about - there were still some flags. partially our line, partially our receivers im sure but partially fitz - and the streak he had been on for a few games during that run was worrisome. does anyone remember the stat or know how to find something like that? it was a few games in a row where his statline on throws over 10 yards was just AWFUL. like 3-12 for 40 yards and some picks kind of awful, with i think the eagles game being only one completion for about 10-12 yards on throws that were 10+ yards. A lot of people were worried when wed fall off if we couldnt push the ball downfield. injuries made it hard to evaluate if we were capable of adapting and making those changes.

can he have fabulous games and make nice throws? DEFINITELY. does he do it throw in and throw out, week in and week out for long stretches? havent seen it, even at the height of our frenzy last season there were reasons to be cautious.

Edited by NoSaint