Your official Draft Board

There have been a lot of threads about who the bills should take in the first round. The reality is that you can not argue for just one guy, as he might not be there when the bills draft. I say we post our draft boards here, and edit our posts between now and the draft. I don't see any reason to go beyond 10, as Nix does not trade on draft day and if you go 10 deep at least one of your top 10 players will be available when the bills are on the clock. It will be fun to look back at this in future years and see who was the best GM. It will also be interesting to see if our picks were better than the bills.

I will start.

My draft board 3/21 (Updated after Mario Williams signing)

1) Luck

2) RGIII

3) Morris Claiborne

4 Kali

5) Blackmon

6) DeCastro

7) Luke Kuechly

8) Richardson

9) Baron

10) Cox

11) Floyd

12) Gilmore

13) Reiff

14) Dre Kirkpatrick

15) Martin

16) Ingram

17) Upshaw

18) Coples

19) Glenn

20) Mercilius

21) Perry

22) Adams

23) Ryan Tannenhill

24) Kendall Wright

25) Randle

26) Brockers

27) Hightower

28) Poe

29) Fleener

30) Konz

31) Randle

32) Worthy

33) Still

34) Sanu

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just take the top 15 bleacher report guys and subtract RBs and OL and that pretty much gets us where we should be. Had we done this over the past 10 years we would be in the hunt each year. Just don't do anything too smart. Follow the consensus.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1082553-2012-nfl-mock-draft-projecting-all-7-rounds-of-picks/page/10

Edited by dayman

1. Robert Griffin

2. Andrew Luck

3. Justin Blackmon

4. Matt Kalil

5. Morris Claiborne

6. Melvin Ingram

7. Michael Floyd

8. David DeCastro

9. Nick Perry

10. Jonathan Martin

I like your board 1billsfan. Over the course of the next 7 weeks I'm sure things will change a little. The guy I think who could drop a little is Blackmon. He was an amazing player, but is shorter than your typical "Big Receiver" and his 40 time is still a mystery. I'm keeping him toward the top for now, and he will probably not drop too far.

Just take the top 15 bleacher report guys and subtract RBs and OL and that pretty much gets us where we should be. Had we done this over the past 10 years we would be in the hunt each year. Just don't do anything too smart. Follow the consensus.

http://bleacherrepor...f-picks/page/10

Yeah, the mocks have done better a better job of evaluating first round talent than the bills have. Ranking the offensive linemen and the defensive ends is open to interpretation this year. The 2-5 linemen all have their supporters, and there appears to be 3 ends that have been mentioned as the top guy.

I like your board 1billsfan. Over the course of the next 7 weeks I'm sure things will change a little. The guy I think who could drop a little is Blackmon. He was an amazing player, but is shorter than your typical "Big Receiver" and his 40 time is still a mystery. I'm keeping him toward the top for now, and he will probably not drop too far.

Yeah, the mocks have done better a better job of evaluating first round talent than the bills have. Ranking the offensive linemen and the defensive ends is open to interpretation this year. The 2-5 linemen all have their supporters, and there appears to be 3 ends that have been mentioned as the top guy.

You make him sound like Steve Johnson honestly.

You make him sound like Steve Johnson honestly.

He kind of reminds me of Crabtree. He was at the top of the mocks at this point of the process a few years ago, but dropped to the bottom of the top 10 due to his lack of speed. I think Blackmon will be better than Crabtree, but there are some similarities. I'm sure the niners are disappointed with what they have gotten out of Crabtree. So while Blackmon is toward the top of my board, I think it is possible he could fall a few spots.

Thanks, it's fun to do these lists. I'm sure mine will change towards the back end.

I think the Bills first pick will end up being RGIII (trade up), Ingram, Martin or Floyd. To me, those are the clear front runners.

Here's mine that I posted a few days ago. In order, based on talent AND need:

Luck

RG3

Kalil

Ingram

Upshaw

Blackmon

Reiff

Jeffery

Floyd

Martin

Claiborne

Kirkpatrick

Richardson

Barron

DeCastro

The only clear objection I have to your board is Jeffery, even though I understand why he is there. He has a lot of talent, but hasn't always been productive. I think it is possible that he will last until the bills 2nd round pick. Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan have speculated that there may only be two WRs drafted in round 1. Just for my own research, why do you like Jeffery better than Floyd. I am constantly trying to research these guys, and your input could help.

1330876964[/url]' post='2394712']

Here's mine that I posted a few days ago. In order, based on talent AND need:

Luck

RG3

Kalil

Ingram

Upshaw

Blackmon

Reiff

Jeffery

Floyd

Martin

Claiborne

Kirkpatrick

Richardson

Barron

DeCastro

Interesting. You would select Jeffery over Claiborne? I understand the need in a WR, taking him Jeffery over Claiborne is crazy IMO. While our CBs aren't bad. They aren't great either. I don't think anyone on our roster will ever be a number 1 lockdown corner. I view Claiborne as a guy that can definitely become one, while I don't think Jeffery will be anything but, at best, a good number 2. He doesn't have great speed or moves IMO. I can see him really struggling to get separation in the nfl. I have Floyd higher on my list.

Luck

Rg3

Blackmon

Kalil

Claiborne

Ingram

Floyd

Martin

9-18 are all tied. Bad draft to pick 10 IMO, unless we can pull of the impossible and trade down.

Upshaw

Kirkpatrick

Perry

Reiff (I really don't want him @10)

Barron

Richardson

DeCastro

Brockers

Hightower

Kuechly

Notable omissions:

Coples. Praying he's not a Bill

Mercilus. I'd love him in the 2nd. One year of productive scares me.

Edited by NewEra

Interesting. You would select Jeffery over Claiborne? I understand the need in a WR, taking him Jeffery over Claiborne is crazy IMO. While our CBs aren't bad. They aren't great either. I don't think anyone on our roster will ever be a number 1 lockdown corner. I view Claiborne as a guy that can definitely become one, while I don't think Jeffery will be anything but, at best, a good number 2. He doesn't have great speed or moves IMO. I can see him really struggling to get separation in the nfl. I have Floyd higher on my list.

Luck

Rg3

Blackmon

Kalil

Claiborne

Ingram

Floyd

Martin

9-18 are all tied. Bad draft to pick 10 IMO, unless we can pull of the impossible and trade down.

Upshaw

Kirkpatrick

Perry

Barron

Richardson

DeCastro

Brockers

Hightower

Kuechly

Notable omissions:

Agreed with top 8 but would put Kuechly (especially if he can play OLB and ILB in a 4-3), Coples (because of potential), Reiff (play multiple positions on the line), and Glenn (same as Reiff) in a class above the others you have listed. Decastro is great but can't play T like Glenn and Reiff can. Lastly I'd be ok with Poe as well because it would suck to miss out on the Ngata again (Kelsay, Williams, Poe, Dareus is a big beast line)

Edited by NeverOutNick

Agreed with top 8 but would put Kuechly (especially if he can play OLB and ILB in a 4-3), Coples (because of potential), Reiff (play multiple positions on the line), and Glenn (same as Reiff) in a class above the others you have listed. Decastro is great but can't play T like Glenn and Reiff can. Lastly I'd be ok with Poe as well because it would suck to miss out on the Ngata again (Kelsay, Williams, Poe, Dareus is a big beast line)

It seems like each guy after 6-8 either has a fault or plays a position that is usually not taken in the top 10. There will be a very good player available, but Nix and crew will have to do their homework. That is why I had DeCastro so high on my board.

He kind of reminds me of Crabtree. He was at the top of the mocks at this point of the process a few years ago, but dropped to the bottom of the top 10 due to his lack of speed. I think Blackmon will be better than Crabtree, but there are some similarities. I'm sure the niners are disappointed with what they have gotten out of Crabtree. So while Blackmon is toward the top of my board, I think it is possible he could fall a few spots.

Whoever gets Blackmon will not be disappointed. The boy is a monster. His 40 time will at least be in the 4.5 range. Remember also that Fitzgerald ran a 4.57 or something along those lines and Jerry Rice ran like a 4.6. Anyone who watched the Stanford game, and watched Blackmon over the last two seasons, knows that game is what you get. A WR no one can cover. He will be open on pretty much every play. He's one of the best route runners I've seen coming out of college and knows where to settle on the field against zone coverage. He also adjusts to the football as well as anyone I've ever seen. He is more so a shorter version of Calvin Johnson, not a Crabtree clone. I liked Crabtree a lot when he was coming out of college though and think he's been somewhat hindered by what he has had around him @ the QB position. He had his best season to date and will continue to get better.

Whoever gets Blackmon will not be disappointed. The boy is a monster. His 40 time will at least be in the 4.5 range. Remember also that Fitzgerald ran a 4.57 or something along those lines and Jerry Rice ran like a 4.6. Anyone who watched the Stanford game, and watched Blackmon over the last two seasons, knows that game is what you get. A WR no one can cover. He will be open on pretty much every play. He's one of the best route runners I've seen coming out of college and knows where to settle on the field against zone coverage. He also adjusts to the football as well as anyone I've ever seen. He is more so a shorter version of Calvin Johnson, not a Crabtree clone. I liked Crabtree a lot when he was coming out of college though and think he's been somewhat hindered by what he has had around him @ the QB position. He had his best season to date and will continue to get better.

I agree with your analysis. I think the new question is will people's draft boards change with the probable resigning of Stevie. My initial impression is no, because the bills still do need another wr. I'm keeping my the same for now.

Luck

Rg3

Blackmon

Kalil

Claiborne

Ingram

Floyd

Martin

Upshaw

Kirkpatrick

Perry

Barron

Richardson

DeCastro

Brockers

Hightower

Kuechly

Notable omissions:

I too have him out of my top 10. At first the perception was that he was an elite talent who was inconsistent. Now, there are some questions about his tangibles as well. Ingram would be my DE of choice, even though based on my board DeCastro would likely be my pick.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

There was just another thread on who the bills should draft. There is a pole, but the pole excludes a few possible selections. The only way to really show who you would draft is to create a draft board of 10 guys, as you know one will be available when the bills pick. So I will send this thread toward the top to see if it can get a few more responses. As mentioned before, feel free to update your list with each free agent signing and each pro day. Or as you read more information online.

• 2 weeks later...

With the bills making a few free agent signings, I thought it was time to reevaluate our draft boards.

Good call, I meant to get back to this thread and then couldnt find it!

Updated draft board:

Luck

RG3

Blackmon

Claiborne

Kalil

Floyd

Kuechly

Reiff

DeCastro

Martin

Kirkpatrick

Barron

The Blue names, I think will be long gone by the time we pick. The Red names, I think are a reach or worst case scenario.

I think our pick lies in the middle. Either Floyd, Kuechly, or an OT.

I had to remove Ingram and Upshaw, even though it KILLED me to do so. Also removed Jeffery since I like him, but dont know about the weight or if his heart is into it. Tough call on Jeffery. Might be elite talent. Might be at home eating twinkies. Upshaw, Ingram, and Jeffery could all be added to the middle, right after Floyd, depending on what we're thinking.

Edited by DrDareustein