Your official Draft Board

Good call, I meant to get back to this thread and then couldnt find it!

Updated draft board:

Luck

RG3

Blackmon

Claiborne

Kalil

Floyd

Kuechly

Reiff

DeCastro

Martinut

Kirkpatrick

Barron

The Blue names, I think will be long gone by the time we pick. The Red names, I think are a reach or worst case scenario.

I think our pick lies in the middle. Either Floyd, Kuechly, or an OT.

I had to remove Ingram and Upshaw, even though it KILLED me to do so. Also removed Jeffery since I like him, but dont know about the weight or if his heart is into it. Tough call on Jeffery. Might be elite talent. Might be at home eating twinkies. Upshaw, Ingram, and Jeffery could all be added to the middle, right after Floyd, depending on what we're thinking.

I'm having a hard time on where to rank Reif, Martin, and DeCastro. I think DeCastro is the best player, but the bills have good depth at guard. As for Martin and Reif, there seems to be pros and cons for each guy. I think a majority of people have Reif ranked higher. I am leaning toward Martin right now as he is a great athlete capable of handling left tackle, but also is good at getting to the second level to help out the run game. I will do a little more research on Reif in the near future.

It will be David DeCastro, and he will be an All-Pro for the next 10 years...

I think you are probably right about him being an All-Pro, and if that is true he should probably be the pick. Even if guards are not usually taken in the top 10. The Pouncey brothers have done a lot of good for the Steelers and Dolphins.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based strictly on TALENT:

#1- RG III

#2- Andrew Luck

#3- Matt Kalil

#4- Morris Claiborne

#5- Trent Richardson

#6- Justin Blackmon

#7- Melvin Ingram

#8- David Decastro

#9- Ryan Tannehill

#10- Luke Kuechly

#11- Michael Floyd

#12- Riley Reiff

#13- Janoris Jenkins

#14- Quinton Coples

#15- Jonathan Martin

#16- Devon Still

#17- Mark Barron

#18- Dre Kirkpatrick

#19- Michael Brockers

#20- Courtney Upshaw

In order of talent, not need.

1. RGIII

2. Andrew Luck

3. Matt Kalil

4. Justin Blackmon

5. Morris Claiborne

6. Michael Floyd

7. Trent Richardson

8. Melvin Ingram

9. Johnathan Martin

10.Luke Kuechly

based strictly on TALENT:

#1- RG III

#2- Andrew Luck

#3- Matt Kalil

#4- Morris Claiborne

#5- Trent Richardson

#6- Justin Blackmon

#7- Melvin Ingram

#8- David Decastro

#9- Ryan Tannehill

#10- Luke Kuechly

#11- Michael Floyd

#12- Riley Reiff

#13- Janoris Jenkins

#14- Quinton Coples

#15- Jonathan Martin

#16- Devon Still

#17- Mark Barron

#18- Dre Kirkpatrick

#19- Michael Brockers

#20- Courtney Upshaw

So would you draft the best player available or base the pick on need.

So would you draft the best player available or base the pick on need.

75% BPA / 25% need

lets take an extreme example.....lets say for some crazy reason Trent Richardson is still on the board at #10. i'm NOT picking him, we are set at RB.

lets go the other way......say they come off the board EXACTLY in the order i have them. i'm NOT picking Kuechly. if the bills roster was as it is today.....i would pick Reiff.

Reif ia the obvious and best choice should he be available. There are five or six "blue chips" sure to go before we pick, Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, and Claiborne. Of what will be left, Rief will be the best pick.

Just for my own research, what makes Rief better than Martin? It seems like the reviews on Martin have been very good. I like the fact that Martin is a true left tackle and should be a 10 year guy who can help in the running and passing games. I plan to do more research on Reif this week.

I will not scream bloody murder if Reiff is the pick - I actually like a 6'6 315 lb. Iowa Hawkeye OT that can outrun the cops on foot for 20 minutes!

Just be aware of how things turned out with fellow Hawkeye and "sure-to-be-All Pro-Future-HoF-Franchise-LT" Robert Gallery...after being touted as "the best lineman to come out of college in years" with a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating and selected with the #2 overall pick by Oakland in 2005, Gallery ranked 4th in the league at LT in 'sacks allowed' in 2006 (despite missing 6 games). He was finally moved to left guard and is now on his 3rd NFL team (after the Raiders cut their losses, Gallery signed a 3-year deal with Seattle in 2011, was released after one season, and just recently signed on with the Cheatriettes*). The jury is still out on Gallery's replacement at Iowa and also very-highly touted LT prospect - Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga.

Left Tackles are NEVER a sure thing in the draft - the only 'sure thing' about them is that the higher you draft them, the more they cost you...and the bigger the 'bust potential'.

Reiff had a so-so performance at the combine, reviews on his pro day are also 'mixed...

An analysis of the day's workouts, according to sources who were in attendance:

Reiff did not look like a premier athlete worthy of a top 10 pick. At 312 pounds, he looked the same as he did at the Combine, a little fleshy with a bit of a gut. He did 26 reps on the bench press and had a 29 1/2-inch vertical jump. His positional workout was solid and he showed the strength and hand use that NFL teams expected, but he also displayed a narrow base and was slightly straight-legged in drills. As a result, he leaned and reached more than expected from a top athlete. Despite the so-so workout, Reiff will still be drafted in the first round.

link

Go with the sure thing - the guaranteed day one starter and All-Pro for the next 10 years - Right Guard David DeCastro...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-016166200 1332424760_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I will not scream bloody murder if Reiff is the pick - I actually like a 6'6 315 lb. Iowa Hawkeye OT that can outrun the cops on foot for 20 minutes!

Just be aware of how things turned out with fellow Hawkeye and "sure-to-be-All Pro-Future-HoF-Franchise-LT" Robert Gallery...after being touted as "the best lineman to come out of college in years" with a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating and selected with the #2 overall pick by Oakland in 2005, Gallery ranked 4th in the league at LT in 'sacks allowed' in 2006 (despite missing 6 games). He was finally moved to left guard and is now on his 3rd NFL team (after the Raiders cut their losses, Gallery signed a 3-year deal with Seattle in 2011, was released after one season, and just recently signed on with the Cheatriettes*). The jury is still out on Gallery's replacement at Iowa and also very-highly touted LT prospect - Green Bay's Bryan Bulaga.

Left Tackles are NEVER a sure thing in the draft - the only 'sure thing' about them is that the higher you draft them, the more they cost you...and the bigger the 'bust potential'.

Reiff had a so-so performance at the combine, reviews on his pro day are also 'mixed...

Reiff did not look like a premier athlete worthy of a top 10 pick. At 312 pounds, he looked the same as he did at the Combine, a little fleshy with a bit of a gut. He did 26 reps on the bench press and had a 29 1/2-inch vertical jump. His positional workout was solid and he showed the strength and hand use that NFL teams expected, but he also displayed a narrow base and was slightly straight-legged in drills. As a result, he leaned and reached more than expected from a top athlete. Despite the so-so workout, Reiff will still be drafted in the first round.

link

Go with the sure thing - the guaranteed day one starter and All-Pro for the next 10 years - Right Guard David DeCastro...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Wow I don't like that description of Reiff at all. The leaning and reaching sounds like a classic poor left tackle. Im warming to Martin. But I think the pick shouldnt automatically be committed to LT anyway, I'd go BPA amongst LT, WR and CB.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Thanks for the information. So many people seem really high on Reif. He always go high in Charlie Casserley's mocks and the ones done by Pat Kirwain and Tim Ryan on Sirius NFL radio. I do agree there is a much larger risk factor with him. DeCastro is definitely the safest pick in the draft.

Thanks for the information. So many people seem really high on Reif. He always go high in Charlie Casserley's mocks and the ones done by Pat Kirwain and Tim Ryan on Sirius NFL radio. I do agree there is a much larger risk factor with him. DeCastro is definitely the safest pick in the draft.

You can watch Luck & DeCastro at Stanford's Pro Day right now...

link

Looks like the big, nasty, future All Pro right guard can play center as well :thumbsup:

Former Buffalo Bills lineman and current Sirius NFL radio host Ross Tucker has stated several times that RG is the 2nd most important position on the line. He said that RGs are frequently left alone to block a guy one on one, while other lineman often receive help. If DeCastro can win one on one battles while also being able to pull and get to the second level, he could be a great pick. I initially had DeCastro higher, but dropped him a bit after Bell hit free agency.

The only clear objection I have to your board is Jeffery, even though I understand why he is there. He has a lot of talent, but hasn't always been productive. I think it is possible that he will last until the bills 2nd round pick. Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan have speculated that there may only be two WRs drafted in round 1. Just for my own research, why do you like Jeffery better than Floyd. I am constantly trying to research these guys, and your input could help.

Here's more info than you need about the two. I've done a lot of research on the two of them for DraftTek.

Usually-forthright Buddy Nix said last month that he wants 1 or 2 WR’s in free agency or the draft, mentioning 6’5”, 235-lb. Calvin Johnson as the prototype. That’s good news; Nix won’t be trading picks for 6’1” Justin Blackmon, or trading back into the first for 5’10” Kendall Wright. Michael Floyd isn’t Megatron, but he’s big and athletic enough to out-jump and out-muscle defenders in the red zone. I’d be disappointed if the Bills didn’t consider Alshon Jeffery before opting for Floyd, but the taller, heavier Jeffery had fewer TD’s and a lower reception average over the last 2 years, and in 2011 had a lower yards-per-game average with half of Floyd’s 100 receptions. Floyd was the more consistent receiver over the last 3 years in receptions per game with 6.3, 6.1, and 7.7 to Jeffery’s 3.5, 6.3, and 3.8.

Floyd’s character won’t exactly fit Gailey’s model (three alcohol-related charges since 2009, diva label). Floyd’s injury history is a risk, and Nix needs for this pick to provide a playoff difference. Still, if we don’t sign a WR in Free Agency who can gain separation, we’ll be drafting one in RD1-RD4, regardless of the Stevie Johnson signing.

Some may question a WR at #10 after Stevie signed a 5-year contract this week. But who are your starting three WR’s? The two FA wideouts that are still not signed? The one with the heart ailment? The waterbug with the broken ankle? The wildcat guy that caught 4 passes over 9 yards? Nix said that signing SJ “doesn't mean we won't sign another receiver; and it doesn't mean we won't draft one.”

I look for another WR to be drafted in this WR-deep year. Floyd’s a great start, though; he was one of the most dominant college WR’s even with subpar QB’s (28 TD’s in 30 games, 17 100-yard games). Floyd’s 4.42 forty won’t hurt him in gaining separation and his height and long arms will serve him well in the red zone.

Former Buffalo Bills lineman and current Sirius NFL radio host Ross Tucker has stated several times that RG is the 2nd most important position on the line. He said that RGs are frequently left alone to block a guy one on one, while other lineman often receive help. If DeCastro can win one on one battles while also being able to pull and get to the second level, he could be a great pick. I initially had DeCastro higher, but dropped him a bit after Bell hit free agency.

FWIW...

'The 27-year-old Bell has met with and is reportedly still in talks with the Redskins, though the Bills have not given up hope on retaining the 6-foot-5, 307-pounder.'

Link - Redskins Talk

Just a 'tummy feel' - but I'm thinkin' Bell will eventually come back home.

FWIW...

'The 27-year-old Bell has met with and is reportedly still in talks with the Redskins, though the Bills have not given up hope on retaining the 6-foot-5, 307-pounder.'

Link - Redskins Talk

Just a 'tummy feel' - but I'm thinkin' Bell will eventually come back home.

I think Bell will be back too.

With regard to DeCastro, and drafting a Guard in the 1st... While I feel it would be best to get an elite Offensive weapon (i.e. Floyd), the Bills have picked Jim Richter at 16, and Ruben Brown at 14. I hate to encourage your obsession ( :nana: ) but picking a Guard that we plan on having around for a decade+ at 10 isnt that far of a reach.

I think Bell will be back too.

With regard to DeCastro, and drafting a Guard in the 1st... While I feel it would be best to get an elite Offensive weapon (i.e. Floyd), the Bills have picked Jim Richter at 16, and Ruben Brown at 14. I hate to encourage your obsession ( :nana: ) but picking a Guard that we plan on having around for a decade+ at 10 isnt that far of a reach.

If Bell is back, the bills would have so many options in this years draft. They could truly pick the best player available with each pick. I guess WR would be be the bills #1 need, but there is depth at that position this year.

Based off talent and need:

1-5 (Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon) - I think there's a 0.01% chance one of these players are available. Next.

6 - Floyd

7 - Kuechly

8 - Dicastro

9 - Reiff

10- Ingram

that's what i'm going with. so essentially, unless a miracle occurs, i'm going floyd, then kuechly. if they're both gone, take the future all-pro guard in dicastro. he might be the safest pick in the whole draft.

Based off talent and need:

1-5 (Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon) - I think there's a 0.01% chance one of these players are available. Next.

6 - Floyd

7 - Kuechly

8 - Dicastro

9 - Reiff

10- Ingram

that's what i'm going with. so essentially, unless a miracle occurs, i'm going floyd, then kuechly. if they're both gone, take the future all-pro guard in dicastro. he might be the safest pick in the whole draft.

It seems like a lot of us have a similar top 10. I agree with your opinion that the there is no chance that any of the top 5 guys fall to us, so it looks like Floyd is your guy. He is a guy that some believe will be outstanding. I have him a few spots lower because of the depth of the WR position, but I wouldn't mind if he was the pick.