2nd round pick?

Alright guys we have beat this first round pick to death. So who do you guys want in the second round? I'm going for first round talent but probably seconder due to injury Jared Crick. He's a big DE that Dave is looking for at 6'4" 285 and has an equal rating for 43/34.

"For those who thought Crick’s production in 2009 might have been the result of playing alongside Ndamukong Suh...well, the strapping 6’4”, 285-pound defensive tackle had just as many sacks (9.5) in his junior year and two more TFLs (17) while dealing with a lot more double-teams. What stands out about Crick is his hand technique, which he combines with his considerable strength to bull rush opponents and turn them sideways. There’s no doubt that he’s good enough to be a first-round pick, but he’s not big enough to play inside, The bonus is that he has the hand skills to quickly disengage from his blocks." Draft Bible

He would be a quality 2nd round pick, and I like Curry there as well.

A guy I would really like to see the Bills get is Lavonte David OLB from Nebraska. Now that we are going back to the 4-3 we need fast athletic linebackers and I don't see any on this roster right now. David would be perfect on the weak side and start from day one.

Love David and have had him in my mock a couple of times, could be available in the third, However he is not as fast as you would think. He ran a 4.65 weighing 233 and Bruce Irving ran a 4.5 at 245 and can provide excellent pass rush from the LB spot and Mychal Kendricks ran a 4.47 at 240 and is as productive as David. Don't get me wrong I think David is tremendous player and would love to have him but I these others I mentioned should be better.

Alright guys we have beat this first round pick to death. So who do you guys want in the second round? I'm going for first round talent but probably seconder due to injury Jared Crick. He's a big DE that Dave is looking for at 6'4" 285 and has an equal rating for 43/34.

"For those who thought Crick’s production in 2009 might have been the result of playing alongside Ndamukong Suh...well, the strapping 6’4”, 285-pound defensive tackle had just as many sacks (9.5) in his junior year and two more TFLs (17) while dealing with a lot more double-teams. What stands out about Crick is his hand technique, which he combines with his considerable strength to bull rush opponents and turn them sideways. There’s no doubt that he’s good enough to be a first-round pick, but he’s not big enough to play inside, The bonus is that he has the hand skills to quickly disengage from his blocks." Draft Bible

I am a husker fan and would love to have Crick in the second round, i'm just not sure he makes it to our pick. He didn't workout at the combine and curious if anyone knows' if he's going to be ready for nebraskas pro day? I think that would be a really solid pick at the very least and he could turn into a beast for us.

I honestly think we take a DE in the 2nd round....not sure who.

Something about Nix comment about not reaching if the value isn't there....I think we

- Take a LT in round 1.....there are players who are actually worthy of a top 10 selection there

- Take a Pass Rusher DE in round 2

- Grab a compliment WR to Stevie (not that we have him in the fold YEEEEAAAHHHH) in free agency

I like Andre Branch a lot. When you look at Bowers "Highlight" reels. Branch stood out more than Bowers imo.

I hate it when that happens, I was watching Mercilus' videos on youtube and I thought #99 was the more notable player on that DL.

Regarding Crick, he has 1st round talent, so if he's there with our 2nd round pick I think you have to take him. This guy is versatile and relentless rushing the passer, I like his closing speed, he sees red and he attacks.

Just curious as to why many on here are against Crick, If we could suddenly Add JJ Watt to our team who would turn that down? I think Crick and JJ can both play 43 END on the left side and Crick is constantly compared to him. There are plenty of big, fast WRs in this draft, big PRODUCTIVE ENDs are much harder to find.

Totally True, BB. The Watt comparison is very spot on. Crick is my pick if we haven't addressed pass rush DE in FA, and the other Gamecock, Stephon Gilmore, is my pick if they have. Just wrote this for DraftTek's next mock:

I assume the Bills will have their FA pass rusher before April 26, which makes the savvy, hard-hitting Gilmore an excellent pick, one that might just trump Aaron Williams’ RD2 selection last year. Compared with Williams, Gilmore has more height (he’s 6’2” to Williams’ generous 6’0”), better speed (4.40 to 4.56), better blitz skills, and similar change of direction (3.94 shuttle to 4.07, and 6.61 to 6.72 in the 3-cone). This speedy duo of aggressive cornerbacks would rival most NFL teams, and under McGee’s tutelage, Williams-Gilmore could rival the Bills’ all-time CB tandems. As a returner, Gilmore would also be taught by McGee, with his NFL’s third-highest yards-per-return.

Gilmore:

Totally True, BB. The Watt comparison is very spot on. Crick is my pick if we haven't addressed pass rush DE in FA, and the other Gamecock, Stephon Gilmore, is my pick if they have. Just wrote this for DraftTek's next mock:

Gilmore:

youtube.com/watch?v=wq_7sE0jMzM

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I hate it when that happens, I was watching Mercilus' videos on youtube and I thought #99 was the more notable player on that DL.

Regarding Crick, he has 1st round talent, so if he's there with our 2nd round pick I think you have to take him. This guy is versatile and relentless rushing the passer, I like his closing speed, he sees red and he attacks.

:thumbsup:

I am a husker fan and would love to have Crick in the second round, i'm just not sure he makes it to our pick. He didn't workout at the combine and curious if anyone knows' if he's going to be ready for nebraskas pro day? I think that would be a really solid pick at the very least and he could turn into a beast for us.

:thumbsup:

I'm an ass for even bringing this up by I hope beyond hope that we will actually take one of our extra crappy picks from round 3 - 5 and move up from our #2 spot high enough to get Mercilus. IF only he had 2 years or just a little bit more of production we might be taking that guy at #10. With only a 1 year body of work he doesn't fit Nix criteria.

Just put the finishing touches on my '2012 Buffalo Bills Dream Draft' - clearly we differ on where Crick will be picked...

R1 - David DeCastro, RG, Stanford (6'5", 310 lbs.)

R2 - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (6'4", 260 lbs.)

R3 - Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (6'5", 265 lbs.)

R4a-Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6'5", 206 lbs.)

R4b-Kevin Zeitler, RG, Wisconsin (6'4", 315 lbs.)

R5a-Terrell Manning, OLB, NC State (6'3", 233 lbs.)

R5b-Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M (6'4", 220 lbs.)

R6 - Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (6'5", 240 lbs.)

R7a-Levi Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State (6'5", 322 lbs.)

R7b-Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska (6'4", 279 lbs.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

crick in the 7th? gilmore in the 4th? if youre gonna make it a dream draft id go

1.rg3

2.kalil

3.decastro

4.claiborne

4.coples

5ingram

5trent richardson

6alshon effry

7.gilmore