Drafting a new QB

Istead of trading our draft picks for a QB how about supporting Fitz with the right people through the darft and free agents. Did Eli become as good as he is now on his own? Why was Kelly, Montana, or Young as good as they were? They were supported by some great supporting cast and guys who had a common goal. With the guys that are in place know have started something that will become awsome with the peolple not just the right guy., We do need a good back up so Fitz doesnt play hurt.

Edited by chasincars

Istead of trading our draft picks for a QB how about supporting Fitz with the right people through the darft and free agents. Did Eli become as good as he is now on his own? Why was Kelly, Montana, or Young as good as they were? They were supported by some great supporting cast and guys who had a common goal. With the guys that are in place know have started something that will become awsome with the peolple not just the right guy., We do need a good back up so Fitz doesnt play hurt.

Because they are all waaaaay more talented than Fitz will ever be.

Istead of trading our draft picks for a QB how about supporting Fitz with the right people through the darft and free agents

Who is trading draft picks for a QB? Only the Madden fan boys on this board that don't know schitt from schinola. Certainly not anyone that has anything to do with the Buffalo Bills organization.

I get a huge laugh every time I see stupid posts about getting a franchise QB... like the Bills have had the opportunity to grab one. It would have been a riot to read the posts, after clamouring for them, if Joey Harrington, JeMarcus Russell, or even Vince Young had fallen to the Bills and been selected. Three years after drafting them they would have blamed the Bills for their ineptitude in drafting them while totally exhonerating and distancing themselves from even considering any of those guys. And then, turn right around and be clamouring for the next franchise guy for the Bills to draft. Now the Bills have the best QB they've had since the Kelly era, playing the second half of the season with a cracked rib and a decimated recieving corps, offensive line, and without the leading rusher in the NFL... and they expect miracles from Fitz. Well, even the great Cam Newton, that everyone wanted the Bills to trade up for, didn't win any more games than Fitz, and the mighty Cam had a softer schedule to boot. Geniuses I say.

Who is trading draft picks for a QB? Only the Madden fan boys on this board that don't know schitt from schinola. Certainly not anyone that has anything to do with the Buffalo Bills organization.

I get a huge laugh every time I see stupid posts about getting a franchise QB... like the Bills have had the opportunity to grab one. It would have been a riot to read the posts, after clamouring for them, if Joey Harrington, JeMarcus Russell, or even Vince Young had fallen to the Bills and been selected. Three years after drafting them they would have blamed the Bills for their ineptitude in drafting them while totally exhonerating and distancing themselves from even considering any of those guys. And then, turn right around and be clamouring for the next franchise guy for the Bills to draft. Now the Bills have the best QB they've had since the Kelly era, playing the second half of the season with a cracked rib and a decimated recieving corps, offensive line, and without the leading rusher in the NFL... and they expect miracles from Fitz. Well, even the great Cam Newton, that everyone wanted the Bills to trade up for, didn't win any more games than Fitz, and the mighty Cam had a softer schedule to boot. Geniuses I say.

Are you really trying to say Cam Newton wasn't worth the first round pick? Or are you just trying to make excuses for Fitz? Holy lord, I agree with half of your post but then you lose your mind in the second half. Do you have any idea how good Cam Newton was last year for the Panthers? Did you watch him play or only sports center highlights?

Cam not only shattered passing records for a rookie, he did it on a team coming off a 1 win season with as little (or less) talent on its roster than the Bills had. Plus the Panthers were in year one of a coaching change. The guy threw for more yards than Fitz, had almost a 10 point higher QB rating than Fitz, he scored 11 more TDs while throwing less INTs. And he matched Fitz's win-lose record as a rookie on a team where everyone was gunning for him.

Cam has more athletic ability and a better arm than Fitz. He has better touch on his throws than Fitz. He is a force on the field that defenses have to scheme around. Fitz isn't.

More than that, Cam Newton INSTANTLY made the Panthers relevant in the NFL. The Panthers have someone to build around now. They are going to be a dangerous team JUST because they have Newton on the roster.

Fitz is a tomato can compared to Newton.

Edited by tgreg99

Are you really trying to say Cam Newton wasn't worth the first round pick? Or are you just trying to make excuses for Fitz? Holy lord, I agree with half of your post but then you lose your mind in the second half. Do you have any idea how good Cam Newton was last year for the Panthers? Did you watch him play or only sports center highlights?

Cam not only shattered passing records for a rookie, he did it on a team coming off a 1 win season with as little (or less) talent on its roster than the Bills had. Plus the Panthers were in year one of a coaching change. The guy threw for more yards than Fitz, had almost a 10 point higher QB rating than Fitz, he scored 11 more TDs while throwing less INTs. And he matched Fitz's win-lose record as a rookie on a team where everyone was gunning for him.

Cam has more athletic ability and a better arm than Fitz. He has better touch on his throws than Fitz. He is a force on the field that defenses have to scheme around. Fitz isn't.

More than that, Cam Newton INSTANTLY made the Panthers relevant in the NFL. The Panthers have someone to build around now. They are going to be a dangerous team JUST because they have Newton on the roster.

True that, however Fitz has a more genuine smile than Cam.

Fitz has had seven years to make his move. -It's not happening. Hurt or not, this is the third time he's been handed the reigns of an NFL offense. To date, he's done nothing to prove he is capable of becoming anything but (perhaps) a serviceable backup.

To his fans, I say "let Fitzpatrick off the hook". Stop insisting that he become something that he clearly isn't. Just watch. -Half-way through another failed season, even Fitz's biggest supporters will join the chorus calling for his ouster.

You're kidding right? Are you really comparing Fitz with Kelly, Montana and Young? I stopped reading after that. I couldn't read the rest because I was laughing too hard.

couldnt agree more with literally EVERYTHING poster said (and I remember agreeing with him about Cam pre draft as well) - as much as it pains me to make this post b/c I cannot stand the posters stupid face in his avatar - and I mean all that in the nicest way possible

Fitz has had seven years to make his move. -It's not happening. Hurt or not, this is the third time he's been handed the reigns of an NFL offense. To date, he's done nothing to prove he is capable of becoming anything but (perhaps) a serviceable backup.

To his fans, I say "let Fitzpatrick off the hook". Stop insisting that he become something that he clearly isn't. Just watch. -Half-way through another failed season, even Fitz's biggest supporters will join the chorus calling for his ouster.

No...it will be someone else's fault.

Are you really trying to say Cam Newton wasn't worth the first round pick? Or are you just trying to make excuses for Fitz?

Neither, nor.

Cam's played one yr. Why don't we just put him in the HOF now. Guaranteed that def. coord. around the league know he was 75% of panther offense and now have a book on him and how to play him.

Everyone talks about a franchise QB. Panthers won 6 games with God at QB. Bills won 6 Games with a Tomato Can at QB. Who wins? Take away either from their team and what do you have? Less than 6 wins.

Cam is a great individual player. Fitz is not, nor does he have Cam's physical skills. So what. Would Cam have given the Bills more wins, or would Fitz have given the panthers more wins if they were in each others shoes. Wo knows? Didn't happen.

Boils down to this. Fitz is the Bills QB... period. You don't have to like it, but you might want to get used to looking at that tomato can, cuz it's gonna be here for a while.