Drafting a new QB

Neither, nor.

Cam's played one yr. Why don't we just put him in the HOF now. Guaranteed that def. coord. around the league know he was 75% of panther offense and now have a book on him and how to play him.

Everyone talks about a franchise QB. Panthers won 6 games with God at QB. Bills won 6 Games with a Tomato Can at QB. Who wins? Take away either from their team and what do you have? Less than 6 wins.

Cam is a great individual player. Fitz is not, nor does he have Cam's physical skills. So what. Would Cam have given the Bills more wins, or would Fitz have given the panthers more wins if they were in each others shoes. Wo knows? Didn't happen.

Boils down to this. Fitz is the Bills QB... period. You don't have to like it, but you might want to get used to looking at that tomato can, cuz it's gonna be here for a while.

Cam Newton is crazy good. He accounted for nearly 5,000 yards of offense and 31 TDs. He's as big as Roethlisberger and moves like Vick. He even throws well. I don't think you can take him out with a scheme. And, if he just matches his rookie stats for 10 years, he's a HOFer.

Are you really trying to say Cam Newton wasn't worth the first round pick? Or are you just trying to make excuses for Fitz? Holy lord, I agree with half of your post but then you lose your mind in the second half. Do you have any idea how good Cam Newton was last year for the Panthers? Did you watch him play or only sports center highlights?

Cam not only shattered passing records for a rookie, he did it on a team coming off a 1 win season with as little (or less) talent on its roster than the Bills had. Plus the Panthers were in year one of a coaching change. The guy threw for more yards than Fitz, had almost a 10 point higher QB rating than Fitz, he scored 11 more TDs while throwing less INTs. And he matched Fitz's win-lose record as a rookie on a team where everyone was gunning for him.

Cam has more athletic ability and a better arm than Fitz. He has better touch on his throws than Fitz. He is a force on the field that defenses have to scheme around. Fitz isn't.

More than that, Cam Newton INSTANTLY made the Panthers relevant in the NFL. The Panthers have someone to build around now. They are going to be a dangerous team JUST because they have Newton on the roster.

Fitz is a tomato can compared to Newton.

I dunno.. I think Fitz has more follicle ability. Can Cam even grow a beard? :devil:

Are you really trying to say Cam Newton wasn't worth the first round pick? Or are you just trying to make excuses for Fitz? Holy lord, I agree with half of your post but then you lose your mind in the second half. Do you have any idea how good Cam Newton was last year for the Panthers? Did you watch him play or only sports center highlights?

Cam not only shattered passing records for a rookie, he did it on a team coming off a 1 win season with as little (or less) talent on its roster than the Bills had. Plus the Panthers were in year one of a coaching change. The guy threw for more yards than Fitz, had almost a 10 point higher QB rating than Fitz, he scored 11 more TDs while throwing less INTs. And he matched Fitz's win-lose record as a rookie on a team where everyone was gunning for him.

Cam has more athletic ability and a better arm than Fitz. He has better touch on his throws than Fitz. He is a force on the field that defenses have to scheme around. Fitz isn't.

More than that, Cam Newton INSTANTLY made the Panthers relevant in the NFL. The Panthers have someone to build around now. They are going to be a dangerous team JUST because they have Newton on the roster.

Fitz is a tomato can compared to Newton.

Stop making sense, before they ban you...

Thanks,

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

... Would Cam have given the Bills more wins ...

I know it's hypothetical, but the answer to this is YES.

Cam is THAT much better than Fitz -- even as a rookie. If he were on the Bills roster the Bills win at least 1 or 2 more games. Think about this ... Fitz had a full season as a starter in the Bills offense and was able to work out with his WRs over the lockout in Arizona. Cam didn't have any experience in the system, had a lockout, and STILL out played Fitz on every level imaginable.

I realize Fitz is the Bills QB and he will be the starter in '12. I've never said anything but. Fitz is average to below average as a starting QB and the Bills have far more serious holes on its roster that totally lacks talent. But there is nothing that says you have to have a perfect team BEFORE you draft your franchise QB. In fact, that logic in terms of team building is, in my opinion, untenable. It's FAR easier (and leads to success quicker) to build around a QB than it is to try to build a complete team first in the era of the salary cap and free agency. The Bills have yet to learn this (they have never drafted a QB with their first pick ... that says something).

The initial part of your post was accurate, it seems that every year there is a can't miss prospect who bombs. Fans are always going to be infatuated with the "newest big thing" in the draft -- that goes double when it's a QB. But just because sometimes players bust, doesn't mean it's foolish to think this way.

The HIGH SCHOOL game has changed so much over the past 10 years that there are more QBs coming out of High School who are already polished passers than ever before. You see it every Saturday in the college game. This isn't 1985 anymore, every year there are more and more QBs coming out that are ready to play from day one in the NFL. Plus, with the new CBA, rolling the dice on a QB and busting hurts your cap FAR less than ever before.

Funny that even when a supporting Fitz thread is started you fake bills fans leave the I hate Fitz thread to come over here and talk your s*** about him and other bills players. We are actual fans you are not. Go away!

You do realize that it's okay to be a fan and still think that other players in the league might be better than players on your favorite team, right?

You do realize that it's okay to be a fan and still think that other players in the league might be better than players on your favorite team, right?

Absolutely. It's just not okay to always constantly complain about the players on your favorite team and constantly preach how much you dont want them here instead of supporting them every once in a while. There are way to many people who ONLY seem to talk about the negative aspects of the certain players and it just gets old to listen to. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way either. As for Fitz he was in pro bowl talks for a big part of his first and ONLY full season of starting every game at qb and he played half of it hurt. I'm not oblivious to the fact he struggled after the redskins game but I'm not gonna just jump off the bandwagon(the same bandwagon that every bills fan was on the first 7-8 games of the season) and start hating him after one year just cause of a subpar second half and like I said it's because I am a fan so I'll support him till he isn't starting.

Funny that even when a supporting Fitz thread is started you fake bills fans leave the I hate Fitz thread to come over here and talk your s*** about him and other bills players. We are actual fans you are not. Go away!

Thats right! Drink your Kool Aid or go home!

The truth as I see it (could be proven wrong at any moment) is that Buffalo will not land a truly elite QB unless:

They get lucky and find one late that everyone else has passed over

They trade a ton to get a high draft pick and get one of the top college kids

They trade to aquire an aging vet who is being replaced elsewhere

Until we get an elite QB, if we want to win doing something else, then we'll have to surround whichever QB we have with a good cast. So, it makes sense.