Too Close To Call In Michigan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney's the man unless there's a brokered convention. Soon the real game begins. It'll be close with much depending on the economy. Are you money guys bulls or bears for the next 8 months? You wouldn't wish badly on the economy for the sake of this candidate, would ya?

No. I'm laughing at the "big tent" facade of the modern republican party. That idea is the antithesis of the historical republican establishment. It exists for the benefit of the few.... and the big tent ain't working as evidenced by the current primary. Even if Romney narrowly wins mi it shows his weakness and that of this fractured party. And whoever wins, a significant proportion of the "base" will not be well represented by the platforms erected at the convention

Can you explain this? I've noticed when I ask libs to explain their pov they get quiet but I'm hoping you might be different. What do you mean by that?

Romney's the man unless there's a brokered convention. Soon the real game begins. It'll be close with much depending on the economy. Are you money guys bulls or bears for the next 8 months? You wouldn't wish badly on the economy for the sake of this candidate, would ya?

Project much?

Wow. I'm dumbfounded here. I'm questioning how you could actually obtain an MD degree and be this stupid.

Education has never equaled intelligence.

:lol: Yeah, that would make them as hypocritical as the Dems with regards to the final months of the previous administration.

Education has never equaled intelligence.

:lol: Yeah, that would make them as hypocritical as the Dems with regards to the final months of the previous administration.

The deafening cheerleading on the left for economic malaise has wafted away on the strong winds of hope and change. Memories are so weak they're sure they will get away with it - its as if they think the last three years have been boom times.

Open primaries are one way to sidestep the party process and give independents a voice in the primary.

Then allow just Repubs and Independents to vote. Or allow anyone but Dems (and on the flip side, anyone but Repubs).

Santo recieved 52% to 18% of Romney's of the total Democratic Votes. Approximatey 10% of total votes were from Democrats, there was a concerted effort from the DNC, DailyKos, Santo and Michael Moore, if you would of eliminated the differential between Rombo and Santo, Romney's lead would of been closter to 7%.

Also another fact, which you won't hear reported, simply because the left and right wing blogs and media all dislike Romney, is that Romney in fact attracted almost 100,000 more votes and that he recieved a larger percentage of the total vote than he did in 08.

Open primaries are one way to sidestep the party process and give independents a voice in the primary.

I respectfully disagree.

If you are picking a nominee to represent a specific party, than just the members of that party should vote.

Independents like their freedom, well, not voting in primaries is the cost.

I respectfully disagree.

If you are picking a nominee to represent a specific party, than just the members of that party should vote.

Independents like their freedom, well, not voting in primaries is the cost.

And that's how the two party system thrives, which is fine if that's what you like.

Some states have made the decision to give everyone a chance to vote in primaries and allocate the delegates between them. If every state was Michigan, there would be a much greater chance of a third party (or secondary major party) candidate making waves.

And that's how the two party system thrives, which is fine if that's what you like.

Some states have made the decision to give everyone a chance to vote in primaries and allocate the delegates between them. If every state was Michigan, there would be a much greater chance of a third party (or secondary major party) candidate making waves.

But they're primaries for candidates of either of the two parties. For an I to make waves, there would need to be an I primary.

Can you explain this? I've noticed when I ask libs to explain their pov they get quiet but I'm hoping you might be different. What do you mean by that?

inclusiveness is a pretense in the party. religious fundamentalists and tea partiers are still being used as pawns. a few power brokers (for a list, look at the biggest superpac donors) run the show. when the pawned become enlightened the support erodes further.