Too Close To Call In Michigan

This is how we keep ending up with extremists on both sides being the only one who can win a primary, only to have them fail miserably when it's time to actually govern the country. And, it's not even extremists in terms of things that matter. Instead, we have people who are extreme on stupid, barely relevant social issues like abortion and gay marriage, when neither of these issues have a real effect on the future of the country.

Instead we end up with people like Bush and Obama, who are great at talking smack to the base about their peripheral pissant issues, but suck when it comes to things like "should I massively expand an entitlement without paying for it?", or, "should I let Iran get a nuke?".

Neither one these guys was able to deal with the truly urgent and important issues, because they both pissed away all their political capital doing non-important, non-urgent things that satisfied the jackass extremes.

Yeah, and there's no pretense at all regarding the unions, environtologists and the college profressors/trial lawyers?

Then you have your head firmly planted in the sand.

Here's a reality check for you:

1. Union membership is at an all time low. Why? Because the environment people and the elitist left lawyers and professors have driven those white working males out of the Democratic party. There's nothing in voting Democrat for the average working guy anymore. Yeah he's loving your high gas prices right now, the one's you insist are "good for him", and I'm sure he can't wait to vote Democrat in November. :lol:[b] We would have been better off had we simply used the trillion $ stimulus to buy oil, and then dump it on the market. That would have helped every single "working man". Instead, the Democrats have seen fit to destroy the 80-year dependable base they have had....at the behest of people who make up less than 15% of the total electorate....but the Republicans....are more fractured? :lol:

That would have driven the price of oil through the roof. Not sure how that would have helped the working man.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic