Too Close To Call In Michigan

But they're primaries for candidates of either of the two parties.

But not every state thinks that way and that's my point. A third party candidate like Paul, who is in large part a Libertarian in the guise of a Republican, would have more pull if every state ran like Michigan.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

inclusiveness is a pretense in the party. religious fundamentalists and tea partiers are still being used as pawns. a few power brokers (for a list, look at the biggest superpac donors) run the show. when the pawned become enlightened the support erodes further.

So basically you're saying that the main powers in the party have their own agenda and they're giving lip service to various factions as well as useful idiots whose interests they don't necessarily share but whose support they need to gain power. How is that different from any other political party throughout the history of modern politics?

So basically you're saying that the main powers in the party have their own agenda and they're giving lip service to various factions as well as useful idiots whose interests they don't necessarily share but whose support they need to gain power. How is that different from any other political party throughout the history of modern politics?

it's different in that i can't recall a more fractured major american party in recent history, especially on social issues. it will be difficul,t if not impossible to rectify. and that's a good thing from my perspective.

it's different in that i can't recall a more fractured major american party in recent history, especially on social issues. it will be difficul,t if not impossible to rectify. and that's a good thing from my perspective.

Oh, please. Am I the only one that notices that all you do is try to advance some stupid narrative for the sake of hoping it catches fire? Is it really possible that you believe that the social issues in this primary have fractured the party so much that it may be impossible to fix? Or would you just admit that you HOPE that's the case?

I took the time to listen to Romney's victory speech from Michigan last night, and I understand why Obama is scared to death of him. Because he went right down the road of "getting people back to work" while reminding people precisely how poorly Obama has governed in the past three years. He brought up topics people like you hope get buried by contraception talk, but will not once the GOP primary is over; items like how Obama was the first president to oversee a downgrade in the country's credit rating, and how Obama is has no nutsack when it comes to addressing the crushing weight of the entitlements that need to be addressed. He talked about how Obama spent two years with control of the House and Senate, only to pass a stimulus that didn't work and a health care bill that does nothing to fix the health care problems in this country. Next thing you know, he's mocking him for his moronic "algae" comment and vetoing the pipeline. By the time he starts reminding people about Solyndra, Fast and Furious and $6/gallon gas, you'll be BEGGING for the day the conversation was about something as stupid as contraception.

Oh, please. Am I the only one that notices that all you do is try to advance some stupid narrative for the sake of hoping it catches fire? Is it really possible that you believe that the social issues in this primary have fractured the party so much that it may be impossible to fix? Or would you just admit that you HOPE that's the case?

I took the time to listen to Romney's victory speech from Michigan last night, and I understand why Obama is scared to death of him. Because he went right down the road of "getting people back to work" while reminding people precisely how poorly Obama has governed in the past three years. He brought up topics people like you hope get buried by contraception talk, but will not once the GOP primary is over; items like how Obama was the first president to oversee a downgrade in the country's credit rating, and how Obama is has no nutsack when it comes to addressing the crushing weight of the entitlements that need to be addressed. He talked about how Obama spent two years with control of the House and Senate, only to pass a stimulus that didn't work and a health care bill that does nothing to fix the health care problems in this country. Next thing you know, he's mocking him for his moronic "algae" comment and vetoing the pipeline. By the time he starts reminding people about Solyndra, Fast and Furious and $6/gallon gas, you'll be BEGGING for the day the conversation was about something as stupid as contraception.

we'll see...but you can't tell me that similar people with similar attributes support santorum and romney. once again i'll refer you to demographics. look at the mi exit poll numbers. these are extremely disparate groups.

we'll see...but you can't tell me that similar people with similar attributes support santorum and romney. once again i'll refer you to demographics. look at the mi exit poll numbers. these are extremely disparate groups.

Of course they're disparate groups because that's how they broke them down. As Magox noted earlier, if you eliminate the Dems from last night's equation, Romney wins by 7%. And even if you don't eliminate them, he STILL did better than he did against McCain, and McCain is as much a Republican as Arlan Specter.

You can try to tell whatever story you want, but in the end, Mitt will win the nomination, everyone associated with the right will get behind him. If he does his job, the election will be about Obama's performance and not some moronic, childish topic like contraception or sweater vest.

Edited by LABillzFan

Once Romney gets the nom and can really start laying-in on Barry, he'll unite the Repubs, who will vote for him because they want Barry out of office. Independents will like that he's "not a true conservative." And heck, if he can get 18% of Dems to vote for him in a Republican primary...

there's plenty of pressure points for obama to hit at on romney too. heck, he's advancing the class warfare mantra all by his lonesome with comments about his wifes cadillacs and knowing nascar owners but not drivers. i think it's a theme with traction and the ability to gain votes. and he's so aloof it's comical. he's the exact opposite of charismatic. if hillary had won instead of obama last time this wouldn't even be a contest. as it is, even with a weak incumbent during a dreadful economic era, the dem is still the favorite to win it all.

there's plenty of pressure points for obama to hit at on romney too.

Yes, I agree. I look forward to Obama pounding Romney on how much he's flip-flopped. That will be particularly entertaining. Maybe they can both discuss flip-flops while playing some soccer at the new $750K soccer field at Club Gitmo which, y'know, remains open to this day.

there's plenty of pressure points for obama to hit at on romney too. heck, he's advancing the class warfare mantra all by his lonesome with comments about his wifes cadillacs and knowing nascar owners but not drivers. i think it's a theme with traction and the ability to gain votes. and he's so aloof it's comical. he's the exact opposite of charismatic. if hillary had won instead of obama last time this wouldn't even be a contest. as it is, even with a weak incumbent during a dreadful economic era, the dem is still the favorite to win it all.

You mean because Mr. Obama is so in touch with NASCAR drivers and has regular cars? You partisans are so friggin' ridiculous.

Nobody cares about Mitt's wife's Cadillacs. Anyone who sees that as significant was never going to vote for a Republican anyway.

How do you figure Barry is the favorite to win it all? Because polls show that he has a lead over the Repub challengers? And when it becomes one challenger who starts railing against him on his failures as prez?

You mean because Mr. Obama is so in touch with NASCAR drivers and has regular cars? You partisans are so friggin' ridiculous.

I found it hilarious that Romney talks about the American cars he owns, and people get all up in arms because he said "a couple of Cadillacs," as if he said "Ferraris" or even "Escalades." They're not the luxury brand they used to be. And no doubt Barry is buds with the NASCAR drivers and not owners.

How do you figure Barry is the favorite to win it all? Because polls show that he has a lead over the Repub challengers? And when it becomes one challenger who starts railing against him on his failures as prez?

I found it hilarious that Romney talks about the American cars he owns, and people get all up in arms because he said "a couple of Cadillacs," as if he said "Ferraris" or even "Escalades." They're not the luxury brand they used to be. And no doubt Barry is buds with the NASCAR drivers and not owners.

but he's not clueless enough to say it. romney is so out of touch with everyday, everyman american life that it's a true detriment to his candidacy. were also talking about winning over less than sophisticated voters in most cases. since there are rather significant and substantive differences on important issues between the 2, those undecideds are likely to be swayed by silly stuff rather than big important issues.

btw, what's an entry level cadillac cost? 50k or so i suspect (have never considered one- not my style). not really an everyman car is it? and his wife has 2. one for the 2nd and 4th home? and maybe mitt's driving the s class at house 1 and 3? whether you approve or not, this is not the american life most voters are familiar with.

Edited by birdog1960

but he's not clueless enough to say it.

Are you for real? Do you honestly think that Obama isn't clueless enough to say something stupid that seems out of touch? What freaking planet have you been living on the past three years, dude, because the only reason the world doesn't think Obama is totally clueless is because he stands next to Joe Biden so often.

but he's not clueless enough to say it. romney is so out of touch with everyday, everyman american life that it's a true detriment to his candidacy. were also talking about winning over less than sophisticated voters in most cases. since there are rather significant and substantive differences on important issues between the 2, those undecideds are likely to be swayed by silly stuff rather than big important issues.

Who are the "less than sophisticated" voters? The Dems will vote for him regardless (although I see that 18% that voted for Romney in Michigan as a troubling sign for Barry). The Repubs, who while they won't be incited to passion to vote for Romney, will be incited to vote just to get Barry out of office. That leaves the Independents, who are sophisticated enough to know what's what, and again, Romney not being "conservative enough" will help him there.

I think it's a sad state of affairs when people begrudge others for having a couple cadillacs. Having said that, if this is the best the DNC and all their rank and file meatpuppets can come up with, then all Romney has to do (assuming he wins the primaries) is have a razor like focus on the economy and he'll stand a good chance in winning.

I respectfully disagree.

If you are picking a nominee to represent a specific party, than just the members of that party should vote.

Independents like their freedom, well, not voting in primaries is the cost.

This is how we keep ending up with extremists on both sides being the only one who can win a primary, only to have them fail miserably when it's time to actually govern the country. And, it's not even extremists in terms of things that matter. Instead, we have people who are extreme on stupid, barely relevant social issues like abortion and gay marriage, when neither of these issues have a real effect on the future of the country.

Instead we end up with people like Bush and Obama, who are great at talking smack to the base about their peripheral pissant issues, but suck when it comes to things like "should I massively expand an entitlement without paying for it?", or, "should I let Iran get a nuke?".

Neither one these guys was able to deal with the truly urgent and important issues, because they both pissed away all their political capital doing non-important, non-urgent things that satisfied the jackass extremes.

inclusiveness is a pretense in the party. religious fundamentalists and tea partiers are still being used as pawns. a few power brokers (for a list, look at the biggest superpac donors) run the show. when the pawned become enlightened the support erodes further.

Yeah, and there's no pretense at all regarding the unions, environtologists and the college profressors/trial lawyers?

Then you have your head firmly planted in the sand.

Here's a reality check for you:

1. Union membership is at an all time low. Why? Because the environment people and the elitist left lawyers and professors have driven those white working males out of the Democratic party. There's nothing in voting Democrat for the average working guy anymore. Yeah he's loving your high gas prices right now, the one's you insist are "good for him", and I'm sure he can't wait to vote Democrat in November. :lol: We would have been better off had we simply used the trillion $ stimulus to buy oil, and then dump it on the market. That would have helped every single "working man". Instead, the Democrats have seen fit to destroy the 80-year dependable base they have had....at the behest of people who make up less than 15% of the total electorate....but the Republicans....are more fractured? :lol:

2. Latinos voting Democrat by 4 to 1....is not working out as you expected. You're idiots, which is confirmed further by the fact that you inexplicably listened to Geraldo and his buddies. He told you that Latinos are all Democrat voters waiting to be snagged....but, apparently he forgot to tell you just how conservative they really are. But you believed....Geraldo,. :lol: La Raza, etc. The billions in Tides money that has been spent....has led to 60/40 at best #s in the key areas you expected to take over. This means that not only don't you win, you get your ass kicked, because of the, yet again, unintended consequences: you opened yourself up to accurate and devastating attacks, which means any gains you made in latinos are wiped out and then some in other demographics....morons. :lol: Now, you have half the Democrat elites still trying to push this agenda, and the other half desperately trying to get the union voters back. Obama is deporting more illegals than ever...because he's seen the numbers, and now he's in the second camp.....but....the Republicans....are more fractured? :lol:

You've destroyed your base in favor of voters who have 0 loyalty to your party or are too small in #s to matter. Nice work. But, the Republicans are....more fractured? More than you have ever seen? :lol:

This is why you won't keep anything you win, because you can't win on your own merits, and even if you could, there's not enough of a constituency to win. You'll always be dependent on the other guy screwing up, because now...everything you do is based on....women! :lol: Enjoy that.

Why? Because you can't say you represent the working man....if there aren't any, or only 20% of them are, in your party. Right now, there's nothing in voting Democrat for 50-60% of the American people. How many elections do you win with that? Ask yourself...from 1940 to today...how did you get here?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think it's a sad state of affairs when people begrudge others for having a couple cadillacs. Having said that, if this is the best the DNC and all their rank and file meatpuppets can come up with, then all Romney has to do (assuming he wins the primaries) is have a razor like focus on the economy and he'll stand a good chance in winning.

It's funny that the same people who think this is significant don't bat an eye when the Obamas go trapsing around the world with their entourage staying in lavish hotels and dining at the finest restaurants mostly at tax payer expense.

This contrived non-issue reminds me of a Kerry campaigner (and this was in the final few weeks after we'd heard everything there was to hear about Viet Nam) arrogantly and confidently stating with a smug smile on his face that when John Kerry stood on stage next to a marine from Iraq talking about Dick Cheney's five deferrments from Viet Nam, that people would go for Kerry. I actually think this is more pathetic than that.

btw, what's an entry level cadillac cost? 50k or so i suspect (have never considered one- not my style). not really an everyman car is it? and his wife has 2. one for the 2nd and 4th home? and maybe mitt's driving the s class at house 1 and 3? whether you approve or not, this is not the american life most voters are familiar with.

So Obama's failure of a presideny is going to be overlooked because Mitt Romney is a rich man that has purchased a couple of Cadillacs for his wife to drive? Do you really believe the majority of Americans buy into that 99%'er garbage. As Americans we look up to rich athletes, movie stars, and entertainers, but we want an average Joe Blow to run our country? That makes zero sense.