Should we be focusing on the Bengals trade?

rayray808

I know, I know... we never deal picks. But hear me out...

Our 10 for Bengals 17 and 21.

What is in it for them? Trent Richardson at RB. Probably their biggest need, and would give them a young QB/RB/WR/TE nucleus for years to come.

What is in it for us? We don't have to reach for a player at 10, like Upshaw. Instead we can probably land him at 17 and then go Floyd or Kirkpatrick at 21. Either way, we can address two major needs instead of rolling the dice on one.

Chances it happens? Very good if Richardson is around at 10 :flirt:

Thoughts?

Edited by rayray808

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that it's looking now after what i've seen on the Combine i think that would be a great move !! I don't see any of the players we need being a top 10 pick ..

But there again we do need a QB Weeden is #3 when it comes to the QB & his numbers are pretty darn good !! I don't see any real problem with his age he is a year younger than Fitz he might be a -------- no he isn't a first rounder is he <_< ??

points work out almost perfectly (10 for 17/21)

The points do not work out perfectly for 10 for 17/21,- the points are pretty close for 10 for 17/49 or 10/42 for 17/21

I like 10/42 for 17/21 but that is mainly because after tier 1. Luck, RG3, Kalil, and tier 2 Blackmon, Reiff, Claiborne, Richardson, I got about 22 guys in no particular order of which (4DEs 4DTs, 2OTs 2OGs 1CB 2WRs 1OLB) 16 are of interest to me.

Quick look at a few sites and the two possibilities with this that I see/like are:

Whitney Mercilus/Mike Adams

Malcolm Floyd/Nick Perry

I think I like the first more, thoughts?

I have big concerns about Mike Adams after Mayock pointed out that the guy severely lacks core strength. I think he only did 19 reps at 225 - embarrassing for an OL.

I know, I know... we never deal picks. But hear me out...

Our 10 for Bengals 17 and 21.

What is in it for them? Trent Richardson at RB. Probably their biggest need, and would give them a young QB/RB/WR/TE nucleus for years to come.

What is in it for us? We don't have to reach for a player at 10, like Upshaw. Instead we can probably land him at 17 and then go Floyd or Kirkpatrick at 21. Either way, we can address two major needs instead of rolling the dice on one.

Chances it happens? Very good if Richardson is around at 10 :flirt:

Thoughts?

Doubt you would get an extra first for a trade up from 17 to 10. More likely a second rounder. Which I would do in a heart beat if I'm Nix. An extra second in this draft is golden. There will probably be better "value" pass rushers there.

I have big concerns about Mike Adams after Mayock pointed out that the guy severely lacks core strength. I think he only did 19 reps at 225 - embarrassing for an OL.

I'm not an exercise physiologist, personal trainer, or healthcare professional but I don't believe bench press is reflective of core strength.

Regardless I believe it's possible for Adams to have good functional strength without being able to bench press well. No one was calling the guy a weakling before he underperformed in the bench press… the picture being painted was of a big strong guy.

Besides being less important than one would believe for a football player, the bench press is an exercise where a person can improve fairly rapidly especially compared to some muscle groups.

However I have heard criticisms regarding Adam's ability as a football player and that does concern me.