Dontari Poe

JPS

Poe is 6'4", 350 lbs. He benched 225 40+ and ran a 4.8 with a 1st step that rivals outside linebackers. It's weird watching a guy this big move this well. They are saying on NFL network that no DT that size has ever moved that well. In fact, there's a bunch of them. Devon Still, Mike Martin and Jerel Worthy can also move and are 300+. If Brockers goes ahead of these guys, it's proof that the combine is worth very little.

It looks like there's a LOT of depth at DT.

latest word from Sporting News is Poe could have made himself a top 15 pick today, with the Chiefs very interested at No. 11. (Gregg is unsigned and old, Romeo loves himself a dominant NT) Maybe we can position ourselves for a nice little trade out of the 10 spot and grab some extra picks to some team hungry to steal Poe from the Chiefs?

That would be Best Case Scenario...

Poe is 6'4", 350 lbs. He benched 225 40+ and ran a 4.8 with a 1st step that rivals outside linebackers. It's weird watching a guy this big move this well. They are saying on NFL network that no DT that size has ever moved that well. In fact, there's a bunch of them. Devon Still, Mike Martin and Jerel Worthy can also move and are 300+. If Brockers goes ahead of these guys, it's proof that the combine is worth very little.

It looks like there's a LOT of depth at DT.

Brockers is ranked ahead of those guys before the combine so how does that prove the combine is worthless?

Brockers is ranked ahead of those guys before the combine so how does that prove the combine is worthless?

I believe what hes saying is: pre combine Brockers was ranked ahead of those guys, then at the combine all of those guys TORE IT UP and Brockers didnt, so if Brockers still gets drafted ahead of those guys, it proves the combine is worthless b/c the worst performer at combine still got drafted first.....I think that is what he was saying

long story short: hes saying this would prove the combine stats/showing dont mean jack as far as drafting

I believe what hes saying is: pre combine Brockers was ranked ahead of those guys, then at the combine all of those guys TORE IT UP and Brockers didnt, so if Brockers still gets drafted ahead of those guys, it proves the combine is worthless b/c the worst performer at combine still got drafted first.....I think that is what he was saying

long story short: hes saying this would prove the combine stats/showing dont mean jack as far as drafting

got it.

yeah...what he said

Unfortunately we're the wrong scheme.

:huh:

Poe would do just fine inside in a 4 man Front...He and Dareus would make a REAL scary combination in time...

I know we have KW who is a heck of a good DT when he's healthy...But Williams is an undersized DT...The Bills have a ton of Needs, and I'm not sure Poe will be around at #10 overall after what he did today...But I don't think there is any question he would be in the discussion for BPA at #10 Overall should he still be on the Board...With Poe, and assuming KW comes back healthy, The Bills would have a 3-man Rotation at DT that would rival ANY NFL Team...How long has it been since we could say that? Wanny's SB D in Dallas had Russell Maryland, Tony Casillas, Leon Lett, and Jimmy Jones at DT...The Bills have Darius with Williams and Troup both coming off serious injuries...Then it's guys like Kellen Heard and Spencer Johnson...Why would they not at least consider Poe?

I'm not saying The Bills should Draft Poe...But I promise you there will be a discussion about it...And it will be a long one... B-)

Poe would do just fine inside in a 4 man Front...He and Dareus would make a REAL scary combination in time...

I know we have KW who is a heck of a good DT when he's healthy...But Williams is an undersized DT...The Bills have a ton of Needs, and I'm not sure Poe will be around at #10 overall after what he did today...But I don't think there is any question he would be in the discussion for BPA at #10 Overall should he still be on the Board...With Poe, and assuming KW comes back healthy, The Bills would have a 3-man Rotation at DT that would rival ANY NFL Team...How long has it been since we could say that? Wanny's SB D in Dallas had Russell Maryland, Tony Casillas, Leon Lett, and Jimmy Jones at DT...The Bills have Darius with Williams and Troup both coming off serious injuries...Then it's guys like Kellen Heard and Spencer Johnson...Why would they not at least consider Poe?

I'm not saying The Bills should Draft Poe...But I promise you there will be a discussion about it...And it will be a long one... B-)

Hopefully, after that long discussion they'll realize that we already have a buch of guys standing around out of scheme. Dontari is a VERY exciting prospect, but I think we're good on DT's

One thing Dontari Poe could have done for Buffalo is propel himself into a top 10 position, and that benefits the Buffalo Bills by having another blue chip player fall to them on the 26th of April. Usually, the NFL decision makers are well aware of the "outstanding measurables" of a player such as Poe, and remember, he only registered ONE sack all year, so let's NOT annoint him as Mean Joe Greene just yet! Pro days and other private workouts are sure to "push" players up or down in this years selection "grab bag".

Would not be disappointed if we drafted him, plus he could slide to nose in Hybrid fronts

Please take that DB off your mock draft. I'll pay you.

If you watched Poe's highlights, he lined up everywhere and even dropped in to coverage. Mayock was saying he is scheme diverse. Don't know what to do with that.

We could move Dareus to DE, draft Poe and play him with Williams? Any thoughts?

You guys would have loved Mike Mamula too.

Seriously? How much have you seen of Poe? I'm not saying he's the next Mean Joe...But he came to the Combine with a 1st Round Grade on most Boards...That was due to his play on the field...Mayock compares him favorably to Ngata in size and overall ability...The comparison to Mamula is ill-informed... B-)

Hopefully, after that long discussion they'll realize that we already have a buch of guys standing around out of scheme. Dontari is a VERY exciting prospect, but I think we're good on DT's

Really? You think we're good at DT?

I don't know...Dareus is good...The rest is a big-fat question mark if you ask me...Granted it's not The Bills biggest Need...I'll give you that much...But if you can get a REAL difference maker I don't see why it's not a consideration... B-)

Man I hate the idea of using the 10th pick to draft a rotational player when we have so many holes but is it within the realm of possibility that Dareus and Williams could occasionally rush from the 4-3 DE spot?

I know they have no where near the body type that is usually required but they are both really good penetrating DTs. The Giants kick DEs into DT spots on occasion maybe the reverse is also possible if you have guys like Williams and Dareus. I'm not saying Darues or Williams have the speed to run big arcs around an OT but who cares if they can run through an OT or throw them into the backfield.

You guys would have loved Mike Mamula too.

It is amazing how much people fall in love with players and how they work out in shorts. Bottomline, was this guy a player in college? Personally, I couldn't give 2 craps about what a DT runs the 40 in. Wilfork probably runs a 12.3 40 and he dominates.

It is amazing how much people fall in love with players and how they work out in shorts. Bottomline, was this guy a player in college? Personally, I couldn't give 2 craps about what a DT runs the 40 in. Wilfork probably runs a 12.3 40 and he dominates.

That was my point. Sure, if a player has certain bad measurables, then that could be a red flag. But how often is a player required to run 40 yards in a straight line, or perform a standing long jump during a game.

I'll take on-field performance anyday over the underwear olympics.