No Player worth 10th pick this year

bisonbrigade

I think the OP begins on a faulty premise. There are good players to be had at 10, it's just that none of them fit what he may want. Floyd is a good prospect (and he's a good run blocker, which is something Chix values), DeCastro is my dark horse candidate for a surprise at 10, you also have Tannehill as a possibility, and there is also Martin from Stanford.

What's missing is the DE or Sam LB people are looking for at 10.

I keep looking at NFL Mock Drafts and it seems to me nobody stands out as "the Guy" to take with the 10th pick. Couples really doesn't impress. Upshaw is more of a 3-4 guy. Drafting a OT this high is a waste of money. OT's don't win games. Mercilus is a one year wonder. I say try to trade down if you can and load up on pass rushers and WR's.

Michel Brockers !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I keep looking at NFL Mock Drafts and it seems to me nobody stands out as "the Guy" to take with the 10th pick. Couples really doesn't impress. Upshaw is more of a 3-4 guy. Drafting a OT this high is a waste of money. OT's don't win games. Mercilus is a one year wonder. I say try to trade down if you can and load up on pass rushers and WR's.

That's why I think they'll take an OT. There is a lot of good OT talent in this draft, and that is a position you really need. I still like Ingram at 10 though, but he's the only D player I like there. Kid can play and is crazy athletic. Assuming they go OT, not all is lost. There are a lot of "good" DE's, just not many. The "good" ones who will likely be available in Rd 2 include Chandler Jones, Curry, etc.

I think the OP begins on a faulty premise. There are good players to be had at 10, it's just that none of them fit what he may want. Floyd is a good prospect (and he's a good run blocker, which is something Chix values), DeCastro is my dark horse candidate for a surprise at 10, you also have Tannehill as a possibility, and there is also Martin from Stanford.

Exactly. Lots of players worth the pick, just only one or none DE's/OLB's depending on your perspective. I'd take Ingram, but the OL prospects and Floyd are "safer" picks for sure.

Let's not even participate in the draft this year. There isn't a single player that's going to be drafted after the #9 pick that has a chance of becoming an impact player.

:worthy::lol:

Hate to say it, but BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE..

Where's the fun in that.

Matt Light is a 4x Pro Bowler, David Diehl went to the Pro Bowl in 2010. Patriots starting RT Nate Solder was a 1st round pick last season.

Zing!

If the Bill's draft board has say 8 players at #10 all with the same grade (i.e. 8 players tied for 10th) Why wouldn't you try to trade down a few spots and pick up a second rounder at least? I think that's what the OP was tring to convey. No one stands out at the #10 spot for THE BILLS. That does not mean that another team doesn't want to draft at #10.

I sure hope I don't meet some posters at a yield sign or a 4 way stop. :rolleyes:

2 QB's

1 RB

2 WR

3 OT

1 G

2 DT

2 DE

1 OLB

2 MLB

1 S

3 CB

20 players with a 5 star rating

ESPN has 28 players with a 90 out of 100 rating so the statement that no player is worth the #10 is not true.

The Buffalo Bills draft will depend on who falls to them and it looks like it could be a WR-OT -DE-DB.

With 3 really good OT's it could be the year the Bills finally try and replace Peters or it could be another CB.

The best player in this years draft might just be RB Trent Richardson, as BPA he may still be there at #10

2 QB's

1 RB

2 WR

3 OT

1 G

2 DT

2 DE

1 OLB

2 MLB

1 S

3 CB

20 players with a 5 star rating

ESPN has 28 players with a 90 out of 100 rating so the statement that no player is worth the #10 is not true.

The Buffalo Bills draft will depend on who falls to them and it looks like it could be a WR-OT -DE-DB.

With 3 really good OT's it could be the year the Bills finally try and replace Peters or it could be another CB.

The best player in this years draft might just be RB Trent Richardson, as BPA he may still be there at #10

Don't ever say that again!

Though I'd wish we could have him over Spiller.

This thread makes little sense. Of course there are players worth paying #10 money to. The OP simply assumes the team will go with what he perceives to be a position of need (OT, DE) rather than listening to what has already been said by the front office and allow for possible FA signings.

1- Nix said he likes the depth of the DL in this draft. He said there are many good DE's worth a pick in the 2-4 rds, but that may not get people "too excited." That does NOT mean that if they are really excited about a specific DE in the 1st and he's there, that we won't take him, but it sounded to me like they were assuming the guy they like would be gone by them.

2- Nix said he is looking to add 2 DEs, at least 1 CB, 1 WR, 1-2 OTs this offseason at a minimum. We all all but assured to get a top 2 CB or WR at #10 and #2 or 3 OT will likely be available. They will draft the highest rated player.

3- At this point in time you have to look at the draft board laterally as well as vertically. You can't take a player who you have rated #16 in the 1st because he's at a need position if you still have a top 10 guy left when you pick.

There are about 4 players I would be happy with at 10 who are not DEs or OTs. I think drafting on a needs-based approach is what made our team terrible in the first place.

If Levitre could play LT full time, De Castro would be a great pick. He is going to be all world. But I just don't think Levitre at LT is what the FO wants.

Thank you. Every year, many here suggest this and either there is no suggestion as to why

any team would give up multiple picks to get the 10th pick or there is some overvaluation of

some player that the poster believes is worth someone else trading up for, but isn't worth the

Bills' pick.

The Bills' needs this year line up with the very highest priority positions in the NFL: pass rushing

DE, pass rushing OLB, LT, QB and to a lesser extent WR. If there aren't any players worth taking

at any of those positions, what would entice another team to trade up?

Someone who needs an OT would definitely be interested in trading up to grab Reiff, Martin or Adams because the drop off is significant after they're gone. In addition, as someone else mentioned in another thread, a team in need of a RB might trade up if Richardson fell to 10 (could happen if TB takes Claiborne). If we re-sign Bell we won't need to take an OT early, we all agree there's no need for a RB and the drop off in what we're looking for, i.e., DE or WR, isn't that significant and we'd definitely pick up another 2.