Another Kennedy thinks he's too important to follow directions

How would you solve the issue of infant abduction?

AJ explained above how he would have handled it. I agree with him. And yes, in this case... You have to make better judgement calls... BOTH sides.

Sounds like screwy logic that Kennedy wanted to take his kid out for "fresh air." But, you do not know what is in the back of his mind and what the family has told him about past incidents. Yes... Totally screwy... But new parents are totally screwy!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you solve the issue of infant abduction?

I wouldn't quite call it an "issue," to be fair. From 1983 to 2011, there were 128 abductions of infants from health care facilities by strangers.

Dammit!! There goes my lunchtime entertainment. :censored::lol:

I gotta go pick up the kidlets... Sorry to let you down... You must have not been reading all along! :P

I wouldn't quite call it an "issue," to be fair. From 1983 to 2011, there were 128 abductions of infants from health care facilities by strangers.

EXACTLY! But each and every incident is a personal tragedy! Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!

EXACTLY! But each and every incident is a personal tragedy! Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater!

In turn, to be fair to Jack, there are a lot of abductions of children by family members every year. We're talking six figures. That's why nobody's allowed to remove the child without clearance.

In turn, to be fair to Jack, there are a lot of abductions of children by family members every year. We're talking six figures. That's why nobody's allowed to remove the child without clearance.

So there are six figures of child abductions each year but only 128 from 1983-2011 from health care facilities?? Holy crap. I guess all these safeguards work.

So there are six figures of child abductions each year but only 128 from 1983-2011 from health care facilities?? Holy crap. I guess all these safeguards work.

Read it again. Abductions by family members number in the six figures each year. Abductions of infants from health care facilities by strangers number 128 from 1983 through 2011. The point is that the idea that strangers are out to get your kids is almost wholly false.

Edited by LeviF91

Read it again. Abductions by family members number in the six figures each year. Abductions of infants from health care facilities by strangers number 128 from 1983 through 2011. The point is that the idea that strangers are out to get your kids is almost wholly false.

So it was more the strangers part which I got. I'm not sure anyone is saying it's strangers out to get your kids. It's usually a family member. I think that goes without saying.

So it was more the strangers part which I got. I'm not sure anyone is saying it's strangers out to get your kids. It's usually a family member. I think that goes without saying.

Watch some network news and then tell me if you actually think it goes without saying.

People think it doesn't happen, but I was abducted from the maternity ward.

Of course, that was just three years ago...

Instead of a "Code Pink".......................................they called a "Code Grey"

It shouldn't be an issue. He is the father and is entitled to take the child. End of story, or should be.

I think and hope you're joking. Otherwise this needs to be nominated for dumbest post of the year. It reminds me of when I worked in credit card fraud and dumbass self absorbed morons would call in and be exasperated that you would want to verify their info, let alone flag their account because after all, they're them. Only common people have to deal with this.

My favorite retort to some old dry snatch screaming "I am who I say I am" was to let her know that that's exactly what a fraudster would say. Kennedy Jr thinks b/c he got yanked out of the right crotch no one should question him.

Seeing him react like that to a woman who is only trying to protect a child shows what a big kitty he is. I'd like to see him get tough with a man so his pampered ass can get the benefit of a good old fashion beat down.

Edited by Rob's House

I think and hope you're joking. Otherwise this needs to be nominated for dumbest post of the year. It reminds me of when I worked in credit card fraud and dumbass self absorbed morons would call in and be exasperated that you would want to verify their info, let alone flag their account because after all, they're them. Only common people have to deal with this.

My favorite retort to some old dry snatch screaming "I am who I say I am" was to let her know that that's exactly what a fraudster would say. Kennedy Jr thinks b/c he got yanked out of the right crotch no one should question him.

Seeing him react like that to a woman who is only trying to protect a child shows what a big kitty he is. I'd like to see him get tough with a man so his pampered ass can get the benefit of a good old fashion beat down.

No, on this board you have to be a Mohamad Zombie to deserve to be beaten.

Oh, he is a douche without a doubt. I was messing with the OP. I researched the issue and it seems you sign away your rights when you sign into the hospital. When kicking this story around at the office, someone mentioned that a mutual friend of ours hired a midwife for precisely that reason.

Every place I've installed a system the Nurse Manager, or sometimes called the Charge Nurse, had the highest authority in the maternity wing. In all the systems we've installed, no doctor was ever given rights to the system to allow a baby to be signed out. Only Security and the nurses had access to that function. Very simply, when it comes to the maternity ward, nurses are in charge, these are their babies.

I could have sworn they were the parent's babies. Weird.

I could have sworn they were the parent's babies. Weird.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting whenever someone says he's the parent the hospital should just take him at his word? Would a baby snatcher not also say it's his kid with the same level of righteous indignation?

I guarantee you the same people whining about hospital security would be singing an entirely different tune if they went to get their baby and found out the hospital let some other dude walk out with their kid because he said he was the father .

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting whenever someone says he's the parent the hospital should just take him at his word? Would a baby snatcher not also say it's his kid with the same level of righteous indignation?

I guarantee you the same people whining about hospital security would be singing an entirely different tune if they went to get their baby and found out the hospital let some other dude walk out with their kid because he said he was the father .

Or he was the father with no right to the baby.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting whenever someone says he's the parent the hospital should just take him at his word?

Nope. I'm suggesting that the people "on duty" should probably know the immediate parents of the freakin' children they're caring for. It's one of my pet peeves when it comes to care. I also have a hard time believing that every person who works in that ward doesn't know which baby is the Kennedy. Mostly because I live in reality.

Would a baby snatcher not also say it's his kid with the same level of righteous indignation?

I have no idea, Encyclopedia Brown. I do know that far too many people who are in that line of work are bullies who treat people poorly and abuse their positions, hiding behind things like "liability" and "rules" (before all you health care people start in, pretend I'm not talking about you as an individual). We've become patently ridiculous as a society and are surprised when someone acts unfavorably in response to a system that's run completely awry because lawyers and government touch virtually every facet of our lives.