Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was this at? I don't read the comics (or the print paper).

Pearls Before Swine was one of my favorite comics when I used to get the paper. Rat=Tom

BTW I was driving in SF on Friday and it's gotten worse. On Market St they don't have a bike lane they just ride in the right lane. So it's crazy. They of course can't ride as fast as a car so you're constantly having to try and go around them or getting stuck behind them. I don't drive a car so I can go 8 MPH. !@#$ers!!

Pearls Before Swine was one of my favorite comics when I used to get the paper. Rat=Tom

BTW I was driving in SF on Friday and it's gotten worse. On Market St they don't have a bike lane they just ride in the right lane. So it's crazy. They of course can't ride as fast as a car so you're constantly having to try and go around them or getting stuck behind them. I don't drive a car so I can go 8 MPH. !@#$ers!!

You make a could point how pedal bikes and motorized vehicles are totally incompatible when they share the roads. I still argue that bicycles should beholden to mechanized traffic because road taxes come from the motor driving crowd. Motor vehicles are burning fuel which is taxed and those taxes go (should) into maintaining the roads... Motor vehicles should get priority because the money is coming off of their backs more. The more cars are jammed up, the more fuel that is being wasted.

I had a run in with the Spandex Mafia yesterday.

I'm driving down a 2 lane road with a 45 MPH limit, and in front of me is a car going 15 MPH with a line of about a dozen d-bags peddling their happy asses down the road. I can't understand why the car in front of me doesn't drive around them, as we're puttering down the road for the next 2 miles at which point the road widens and the car moves into the right lane behind them and I realize it's running interference for these !@#$s. If you want to ride 10 deep that's cool, but go somewhere you're not going to hold up traffic. I wish someone had stuck a baton in their spokes. That would have brightened my day.

I'm driving down a 2 lane road with a 45 MPH limit, and in front of me is a car going 15 MPH with a line of about a dozen d-bags peddling their happy asses down the road. I can't understand why the car in front of me doesn't drive around them, as we're puttering down the road for the next 2 miles at which point the road widens and the car moves into the right lane behind them and I realize it's running interference for these !@#$s. If you want to ride 10 deep that's cool, but go somewhere you're not going to hold up traffic. I wish someone had stuck a baton in their spokes. That would have brightened my day.

Drive a diesel, then when you get beside d-bags you just lay the coal on them. They will not understand it, but you'll get a good laugh.

Two places you can find it, Yahoo, or Go Comics.

That is pretty cool that Yahoo has comics like that. I miss taking time in school to read them. Maybe I will do it at work now!

Spandex Mafia. Nice. It's pathetic up here, too. Everyone is Lance !@#$ing Armstrong. I go by the white line. Anything to the left of it is my turf.

Went for a ride yesterday. Had my full kit on. Bibs are so freaking comfortable. Look rad, too.

We enjoyed taking up the whole right lane, as my and my two friends rode side by side and chatted for miles. Cars behind us backed up a bit, but they didnt seem to mind at all. On Sunday AMs, stop lights and red lights really dont bother us too much so we roll through without too much of a hassle. Drivers are happy to stop and let us through. Every now and again a big truck will pass and really get on the gas as they pass. Exhaust doesnt bother us too much...we are used to it and it always makes us chuckle at why these big trucks make so much noise and pump out so much exhaust just to speed up 5 MPH. Diesel is freaking expensive...why waste it like that?

Later on, we dropped the hammer and for the next 35 miles really pushed the pace, averaging a bit over 20. Finished up the ride at the bike shop where we started and enjoyed a few nice Stone IPAs before heading home to watch the NFL Playoffs.

Its was a good day.

Edited by RkFast

we need a post with pic of "ridiculous biker attire" which spandex logo's do you wear on these Sunday am's?

Fruit Loops, UPS, Schwinn?

That was #1 on the humiliating list from the linked article. Here is a snippet from #2:

If you're a man, it gets worse. Not only does the seat feel like it's destroying your balls, it might actually be destroying your balls. Heavy-duty riding over a long period of time compresses your perineum -- also known as the "taint" or "gooch" for people who like to giggle while talking about serious medical problems.

I admit it. I giggled.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_19063_5-reasons-riding-bike-most-humiliating-exercise_p2.html#ixzz2Hxvuv1eS

Went for a ride yesterday. Had my full kit on. Bibs are so freaking comfortable. Look rad, too.

We enjoyed taking up the whole right lane, as my and my two friends rode side by side and chatted for miles. Cars behind us backed up a bit, but they didnt seem to mind at all. On Sunday AMs, stop lights and red lights really dont bother us too much so we roll through without too much of a hassle. Drivers are happy to stop and let us through. Every now and again a big truck will pass and really get on the gas as they pass. Exhaust doesnt bother us too much...we are used to it and it always makes us chuckle at why these big trucks make so much noise and pump out so much exhaust just to speed up 5 MPH. Diesel is freaking expensive...why waste it like that?

Later on, we dropped the hammer and for the next 35 miles really pushed the pace, averaging a bit over 20. Finished up the ride at the bike shop where we started and enjoyed a few nice Stone IPAs before heading home to watch the NFL Playoffs.

Its was a good day.

Wow... Did you just write this being serious? Nothing like throwing mental vinegar in my eyes. This story will haunt me!

we need a post with pic of "ridiculous biker attire" which spandex logo's do you wear on these Sunday am's?

Fruit Loops, UPS, Schwinn?

Nah, those are silly. I wouldnt say as silly as wearing a shirt with the name of a young man who plays football for a pro sports team. But still pretty silly. Nah, I wear a jersey for the team....I know this is foreign to you all.....that I actually BELONG TO. That is, the bike shop I race for. Crazy stuff.

40 miler planned for after work tonight. Traffic's gonna be tough, but they wont mind. Seriously, what driver has somewhere to be at 530 on a Monday night?

Edited by RkFast

Nah, those are silly. I wouldnt say as silly as wearing a shirt with the name of a young man who plays football for a pro sports team. But still pretty silly. Nah, I wear a jersey for the team....I know this is foreign to you all.....that I actually BELONG TO. That is, the bike shop I race for. Crazy stuff.

40 miler planned for after work tonight. Traffic's gonna be tough, but they wont mind. Seriously, what driver has somewhere to be at 530 on a Monday night?

How long have you been spandexing? How long have the most and least experienced members of your team been spandexing?

Did you guys make the playoffs?

How long have you been spandexing? How long have the most and least experienced members of your team been spandexing?

Did you guys make the playoffs?

Not familiar with that term.

But you should really stop being a PAB and go back to posting under your original handle. Think about it...youre getting on cyclists for their "manliness", yet you use an alternate ID to your own to do so? Thats really PAB-like.

Edited by RkFast

Not familiar with that term.

But you should really stop being a PAB and go back to posting under your original handle. Think about it...youre getting on cyclists for their "manliness", yet you use an alternate ID to your own to do so? Thats really PAB-like.

What is a PAB? Is that a biking term? Is it something that ends up on a bib?

Questioning the manliness of people that wear tight fitting, bright colored attention grabbing garb and purposely call attention to themselves is not my intent at all. I am really more wondering about why they have so much need for attention. Sorry if it seemed like I was calling cyclists manliness into question. While I'm at it let me apologize to Elton John, Liberace and Richard Simmons as well.

This thread has been funny, weird, frustrating at times and even troubling. I really dont get the fixation with those who participate in another sport and that it might inconvenience you for thirty seconds. The fact you get so bent out of shape and do so to the point of considering violence against others says a lot more about you than it does about moi.

"You blew a stopsign at 6AM!!! So Im gonna run you off the road!!!!"

"You drive 18 MPH and blocked a lane of traffic! So Im going to try to drive you into a ditch!!!"

OK, that makes sense. Very rational and sane, too. Mature.

But Ill play along and play the foil to all of you who want to keep this very odd discussion going, as long as youre not a Punk Ass B word who had to make up a phony name to participate.

Edited by RkFast