Laron Landry "hulkamania"

David Boston v2.0 DB was never the same player after getting too big and the same fate will await Landry. Football players need to be agile, flexible and loose. He's way too big to be any of those things.

No one told him to tweet those pics. His reactions to the comments suggest to me he ain't too bright.

Still pretty swole though.

Watch out - he'll learn you.

For real though, he want to HS about 20-30 mins outside new orleans, and I can confirm he was not in the running for academic scholarships,

David Boston v2.0 DB was never the same player after getting too big and the same fate will await Landry. Football players need to be agile, flexible and loose. He's way too big to be any of those things.

Especially at safety. What he's losing is worth more than what he's gaining at this point.

David Boston also got that size using a major dose of HGH which lead to a lot of the injuries that ended his career. Looking at Landry though, it might be hard to argue he isnt also juicing to some degree.

Ironically Landry has had a hard time warding off the injury bug.

For all of his muscles he's only played in about half the games over the last two seasons.

And I agree with those saying that he's getting too big to the point of it hurting his game.

You can't break down on tackles and be athletic when you're top heavy.

This is football, not body building.

Have you ever seen a body builder trying to play sports? Most of those guys are complete stiffs.

Landry was an outstanding safety in college and he has kicked ass in the NFL. Who said he lost speed? I think he will have another great year

He's had some highlights, and given up a lot too. I've only seen a few of his pro games but some ugly ugly moments mixed in too.

Ironically Landry has had a hard time warding off the injury bug.

For all of his muscles he's only played in about half the games over the last two seasons.

And I agree with those saying that he's getting too big to the point of it hurting his game.

You can't break down on tackles and be athletic when you're top heavy.

This is football, not body building.

Have you ever seen a body builder trying to play sports? Most of those guys are complete stiffs.

The Redskins wanted him to go under the knife last year for an achilles problem. He declined, believing that he can avoid surgery and use unconventional methods to get back to form. Not only has he dismissed the recommendation of the organization's medical staff but he has also dismissed the opinions of outside doctors who recommended an operation to fix the achilles problem.

Odds are that he is going to be cut by the Skins if he doesn't agree to a relatively minimal contract because of the medical concerns. He continues to believe that he can rehab on his own and end up with a lucrative contract with either the Skins or another organization.

Most likely he is going to get cut by the Redskins and no team is going to give him the contract that he desires. Laron Landry might be a great athlete but his thinking process is very limited.

The Redskins wanted him to go under the knife last year for an achilles problem. He declined, believing that he can avoid surgery and use unconventional methods to get back to form. Not only has he dismissed the recommendation of the organization's medical staff but he has also dismissed the opinions of outside doctors who recommended an operation to fix the achilles problem.

Odds are that he is going to be cut by the Skins if he doesn't agree to a relatively minimal contract because of the medical concerns. He continues to believe that he can rehab on his own and end up with a lucrative contract with either the Skins or another organization.

Most likely he is going to get cut by the Redskins and no team is going to give him the contract that he desires. Laron Landry might be a great athlete but his thinking process is very limited.

And I don't buy that Landry's a great athlete.

Now Sean Taylor?

HE was a great athlete.

Now Sean Taylor?

HE was a great athlete.

Landry and Taylor had very similar traits. They each were muscle players who were prone to be head hunters at the expense of providing coverage. Neither player could be considered students of the game. Landry is more of a LB type safety who frequently played up at the line. Taylor was a freelancer who was capable of making the big play, and just as often, if not more often, gave up the big play.

I agree with you that Taylor was the better athlete, but there wasn't that much differential between them.

Landry and Taylor had very similar traits. They each were muscle players who were prone to be head hunters at the expense of providing coverage. Neither player could be considered students of the game. Landry is more of a LB type safety who frequently played up at the line. Taylor was a freelancer who was capable of making the big play, and just as often, if not more often, gave up the big play.

I agree with you that Taylor was the better athlete, but there wasn't that much differential between them.

The biggest difference to me (and I think Taylor was considerably better) is that Taylor had great range in my recollection.

I don't see Landry as having great range.

JMO.

The biggest difference to me (and I think Taylor was considerably better) is that Taylor had great range in my recollection.

I don't see Landry as having great range.

JMO.

Landry was used more at the line of scrimmage. He is more of a hybrid LB/Safety.

Now Sean Taylor?

HE was a great athlete.

There's no question Sean Taylor was vastly superior...But that doesn't mean LaRon Landry is bad. Infact, the guy's a stud. He's no Sean Taylor but he's still one hell of a saftey and probably one of the top 10 safties in the NFC right now.

Landry was used more at the line of scrimmage. He is more of a hybrid LB/Safety.

There's no question Sean Taylor was vastly superior...But that doesn't mean LaRon Landry is bad. Infact, the guy's a stud. He's no Sean Taylor but he's still one hell of a saftey and probably one of the top 10 safties in the NFC right now.

Yeah no doubt Landry is a monster in the box.

I've had him on my FF team for two years and we give individual defensive player points for tackles, sacks, ints, FF, FR, etc.

Based solely on that Landry makes an impact on football games but I think you guys nailed it in that he's not your Ed Reed type safety in terms of covering the entire field and making big plays in the passing game.

Sean Taylor on the other hand was the first safety to remind me of Kenny Easley.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan