Do we give Clausen a shot?

Armchair GM

what are you basing this on ? Real games or preseason ? Because in actual NFL games Thigpen has played fairly well for a back up.

It doesn't matter whether you are talking about preseason or regular season games. Tyler Thigpen is less than mediocre. He has bounced around the league with little playing time for a reason. He simply isn't good enough to give your team a reasonable chance to win if he replaces the starter. There are plenty of very mediocre backup qbs who are better than he is.

Edited by JohnC

It doesn't matter whether you are talking about preseason or regular season games. Tyler Thigpen is less than mediocre. He has bounced around the league with little playing time for a reason. He simply isn't good enough to give your team a reasonable chance to win if he replaces the starter. There are plenty of very mediocre backup qbs who are better than he is.

Same can be said for Clausen

what are you basing this on ? Real games or preseason ? Because in actual NFL games Thigpen has played fairly well for a back up.

Maybe the fact that the one time the bills were looking into using him after fitz took the shot from fletcher, he looked so lost and had a football that he was warming up with bounce off his head? I know at that point I wasnt feeling really warm and fuzzy inside with him as our backup :)

No i am not sold on Thigpen , But i am not sold on Clausen either although i might have a tendency to think Clausen would be a better back up !!

Don't be so rational when it comes to Thigpen. Bills fans have seen enough of him, with his 8 pass attempts, to know that anyone who is a pending free agent is much better! :rolleyes:

Don't be so rational when it comes to Thigpen. Bills fans have seen enough of him, with his 8 pass attempts, to know that anyone who is a pending free agent is much better! :rolleyes:

Seriously, fans are so overreactive. Clausen threw 3 tds (0 to a receiver) and had 9 INTs. The PAnthers basically switch one player on offense and they go from the worst offense in the NFL to a top 10 one.

In 2008, Thigpen threw 18 tds to 12 INTs, yet every other scrub QB is better than him. Bills fans love to eat their own.

No i am not sold on Thigpen , But i am not sold on Clausen either although i might have a tendency to think Clausen would be a better back up !!

I really wanna know what youve seen from Clausen that makes you believe hes a better backup. Never mind thigpen isnt great, what about Clausen makes you think he could win a game for you

Thigpen and Claussen are like $hitty vs $hittier, it doesn't matter because they both stink. Hell Fitz id throw in the toilet too because he can play like $h*t at times but he's that inconsistent type $h*t you know like sometimes its hard sometimes its soft sometimes he's good sometimes he's bad he's never just right for a long period of time LOL!.... We need a real QB or we will be 1-10 in the draft for another decade...

*goes back into bat cave*

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23