What do you want to do?

section122

This Offseason  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign Stevie

2. 2. Who to draft at 10

3. 3. Most important position to shore up this offseason

Just some questions I would like to see where people are at this off season. I left the poll public just for fun's sake (we all know PDaddy wants Coples :nana: ).

My answers btw are Yes to Stevie, Mercilus at 10 (or Ingram still undecided on this but leaning Mercilus' way), and WR as the most pressing need (but its a tough question to answer.

I think WR is our most pressing need because even if Stevie does re-sign I think there is still a need for another playmaker (maybe Easley? but no way do I put my eggs in that basket). DE, LB, and even OT have pieces there whether or not they work out is a concern for sure.

Anyways can't wait to see what some of the consensus is here...

btw for you board english professors... should that be shore up or sure up on the last question? I believe its right but it doesn't look it for some reason.

Edited by section122

yes, upshaw and WR. the last one was tough LB screams at me but with scheme change I think we will be in a better spot there. The need for a legit weapon opposite stevie can not be ignored. I hope they get a FA to fill the spot.

Yeah both LB and DE were tough to pass over for me as well.

It looks unanimous to re-sign stevie which surprises me. It seems like like there are tons of bashers on here that want him gone. Good to see the board agrees about something... hope I didn't break your site SDS 0:)

yes

coples ( see JPP of the giants for example)

de ( again see giants........)

now, i am a little afraid that coples work ethic, or lack of to be precise, can lead to a bust. but then again, JPP has raised some of these concernes too. and then he raised hell. while still not having a clue according to his teammates.

if hes gone id like reiff

Just some questions I would like to see where people are at this off season. I left the poll public just for fun's sake (we all know PDaddy wants Coples :nana: ).

My answers btw are Yes to Stevie, Mercilus at 10 (or Ingram still undecided on this but leaning Mercilus' way), and WR as the most pressing need (but its a tough question to answer.

I think WR is our most pressing need because even if Stevie does re-sign I think there is still a need for another playmaker (maybe Easley? but no way do I put my eggs in that basket). DE, LB, and even OT have pieces there whether or not they work out is a concern for sure.

Anyways can't wait to see what some of the consensus is here...

btw for you board english professors... should that be shore up or sure up on the last question? I believe its right but it doesn't look it for some reason.

Why not include QB in most important position to shore up question? Many people on this board do not thing Fitz is the answer nor thing we will go anywhere until we either get a dominant team around him (which we have too many holes to do this offseason) or upgrade the QB position.

I've amended our Positional Needs on Drafttek based on the results here. Great questions!

I moved DE to our prime need for next week rather than put OLB and DE as top needs.

Due to the McGee restructuring, I lowered CB to P4.

I'm tempted to put a GRAB in on Coples; if he's still not picked, we'd get him.

BTW, I voted sign Stevie, take Ingram; and DE (pass rush) is #1 need.

Astro

I am reminded of what Nix said last month, because it's still echoing here:

“I think everything would look better if we had some pressure on the passer,” said Bills GM Buddy Nix. “If you can’t disrupt passers in the NFL and make them get out of rhythm and make the move any of them, they’ll wear you out. We had some rookie (quarterbacks we faced) that looked like Dan Marino and we let them look like that way because we let them stand there. You’ve got to disrupt the quarterback.”

“Defensively I would say the priority would have to be pass rushers, defensive ends,” said Nix.

“We need pass rushers, one, maybe two.” Gailey said, "it gets extremely hard to find those outside backers year after year".

yes

coples ( see JPP of the giants for example)

de ( again see giants........)

now, i am a little afraid that coples work ethic, or lack of to be precise, can lead to a bust. but then again, JPP has raised some of these concernes too. and then he raised hell. while still not having a clue according to his teammates.

if hes gone id like reiff

I think Mercilus is a more apt comparison to JPP they are similar in size (JPP has 1 inch and 5 pounds) and both only had one monster year of production. That's why he was my pick so I feel you...

Why not include QB in most important position to shore up question? Many people on this board do not thing Fitz is the answer nor thing we will go anywhere until we either get a dominant team around him (which we have too many holes to do this offseason) or upgrade the QB position.

I didn't have him in there at first because I feel we are riding the Fitz wagon for one more year at least. Since I felt management wasn't going to do anything I left it off (it's on now thanks for the feedback)

Kendall Wright should be an option at 10 as well imo.. so thats why I voted "other." Him and Stevie would provide a heck of a duo for Fitz

Added. Don't think he fits as Buddy's type of receiver but who knows. Now he's an option :thumbsup:

Barbarian's boy :lol: :lol: . I actually picked Reiff cuz I just don't think we are going to take Tannehill so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Thought you'd like that :P I was going to put Coples as PDaddys boy but I don't know if he would have appreciated it. Since your open about your man crush I knew you wouldn't mind :thumbsup:

I've amended our Positional Needs on Drafttek based on the results here. Great questions!

I moved DE to our prime need for next week rather than put OLB and DE as top needs.

Due to the McGee restructuring, I lowered CB to P4.

I'm tempted to put a GRAB in on Coples; if he's still not picked, we'd get him.

BTW, I voted sign Stevie, take Ingram; and DE (pass rush) is #1 need.

Astro

Thanks I appreciate it especially coming from our resident draft expert :thumbsup:

I know about DE and also feel its a need. I'm hoping for wr to be addressed in fa with more than just a stevie re-sign then pass rush heavy in the draft (the throw enough sheet against the wall and hope some of it sticks theory).

As for moving CB down. I would love DeQuan Menzie and Cliff Harris to be Bills next year. I think Menzie is underrated on the drafttek rankings but we shall see. What are your thoughts on those two?

Resign Stevie

Draft Ingram

Shore up WR.

I'm not sure why so many people are still hoping we draft Upshaw. We're switching to a 4-3. Upshaw isn't projecting that well at DE. It's probably his third best position behind 3-4 OLB md 3-4 ilb IMO. I think he's a MAJOR reach at 10 if he plays DE. I'd rather trade down and acquire an additional 3rd or even 4th round pick than take him at 10. If we played a 3-4, he'd be my first choice.

surprised noone picked cb as an offseason need maybe I should replace it with rb :lol::devil:

Need, yes.

Priority, no.

BTW, I voted:

Yes to Stevie.

Draft Ingram.

Biggest need: LB, although I understand DE is a big need too, so I understand both positions as well. I feel that WR is very important too, even if we re-sign Stevie, we need to have another real threat at the position.