Brady Quinn at 2nd string QB

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is on his way out in Denver. What do you think about Brady as Fitzpatrick's backup. The guy looked pretty sharp in the preseason. He never really seemed to get a break aside from one dis functional year in Cleveland.

Really he could be a better option than Tyler Thigpen

Not a better option than Tyler Thigpen. About par. Not worth looking into Quinn. Why replace one crappy backup with another?

The guy is on his way out in Denver. What do you think about Brady as Fitzpatrick's backup. The guy looked pretty sharp in the preseason. He never really seemed to get a break aside from one dis functional year in Cleveland.

Really he could be a better option than Tyler Thigpen

No

Pass. I'm not a fan of really bad players throwing their much better teammates under the bus in GQ interviews.

The "author" of that "article" took things out of context and the interview was several months ago. You should look into things further before jumping to conclusions.

Pass. I'm not a fan of really bad players throwing their much better teammates under the bus in GQ interviews.

This. Even if one's viewpoint is "average player throwing bad, but lucky teammate under the bus in interview" it's still just bad juju. Keep the laundry in the house.

The "author" of that "article" took things out of context and the interview was several months ago. You should look into things further before jumping to conclusions.

Why are "author" and "article" in quotes? It's a real article and it was written by a real author.

He may have taken things out of context, but if you avoid dishing any dirt you don't need to worry about the context in which your dish is served.

This. Even if one's viewpoint is "average player throwing bad, but lucky teammate under the bus in interview" it's still just bad juju. Keep the laundry in the house.

Why are "author" and "article" in quotes? It's a real article and it was written by a real author.

He may have taken things out of context, but if you avoid dishing any dirt you don't need to worry about the context in which your dish is served.

They are in quotes because real journalists don't try to drum up controversy by taking the subjects quotes out of context.

They are in quotes because real journalists don't try to drum up controversy by taking the subjects quotes out of context.

So far all I'm getting from you is that you don't like Mike Silver and/or you really like Tim Tebow.

You're making vague accusations at the writer but only Silver and those that he interviewed for the GQ piece know what was said and how fair the writer is being.

You're also accusing a pretty respected poster of "jumping to conclusions."

The fact that Quinn is distancing himself from his own remarks is something that happens dozens of times a week in the world of sports coverage.

If I had a dime for every time I heard an athlete complain that his comments had been taken out of context, I'd be a rich man.

Were you in the room when these interviews were taking place?

I didn't know it was a respected poster, I have been warned already about disagreeing with the establishment here so I will bow out now before I am banned.

No need to do that because intelligent discussion is always welcomed here.

In fact there's always tons of disagreement on this board… or else what would be the point?

But your posts on this particular subject are groundless opinions. I've read some of your takes which were pretty good so I'm a bit surprised.

Anyways, here's the piece by Yahoo's Mike Silver devoted to Tim Tebow which appeared in the latest GQ.

http://www.gq.com/sp...l?currentPage=1

It's an oral history where the quotes from the interviews are arranged chronologically… Silver interjects almost nothing except an introduction and a sentence or two preceding each week's set of quotes.

The quotes are from such people as Elway, John Fox, Jared Allen, Trent Dilfer, Terrell Suggs, and others including Shawne Merriman and Nick Barnett.

NICK BARNETT (linebacker, Buffalo Bills): I think it does rub some of the guys the wrong way. For a lot of Christians, using football as a measuring stick of how good God is—it's not necessarily what you're supposed to be doing.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Brady Quinn is a pompous, winy, little jerk. He was overrated in college, and in my opinion was LUCKY to get taken 22nd overall. I will never forget the way this pouty little brat behaved the day the Browns WASTED a first round pick on his A$$. Sighing and sqirming in his chair. -Staring forlornly at the table. The worst part came when someone finally handed this pr__k a Browns jersey. -He rips it from the guy's hand, and marches on stage with an attitude rarely seen outside of the third grade.

Look, I am by no means a Fitzophile. Fact is, I'd do just about anything to facilitate Fitz's departure. -Except bring in a BUM like Brady Quinn.

I hope someday he's able to change his attitude a little. Maybe get to the point where he feels less entitiled to stuff he hasn't earned. Quinn may yet have a productive career if he can reign in the ego, learn to count his blessings, and let his game do the talking.

Edited by #34fan