Brady Quinn at 2nd string QB

I really think Brady Quinn could be alot better QB than Thigpen. He played on a crap team. No offensive weapons,with no experience under his belt. No way with the icon Tebow being screamed down the Broncoes throat by fans, was he going to get a shot. He wants to play,mouthed his opinion. Big deal. Without the defense playing good Tebow would not have won many games. My opinion like it or not. I could care less.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just signed Fitzpatrick to a 6 year deal...he is only 29, which is about prime age for many QB's. Unless you presume that Fitz just sucks, or is not the answer (and maybe that is how you feel, but the Bills obviously don't), I am not sure that finding his replacement, when you just spent a decent penny to sign his backup last year, is a super high priority. In case you missed it, the Bills don't spend lavishly. Thigpen it is!

I certainly don't think Fitzpatrick sucks but IMO he also hasn't proven he's the 6 year answer for us either. Bills FO is doing the right thing supporting him, but they were also willing to draft Cam Newton last year while singing praises for Fitzpatrick. I certainly hope he has better numbers next year but what if he doesn't?

You make good points about the current situation, but getting a young backup who's been in the league a few years doesn't have to break the bank. It's just my opinion I'd rather be developing a young guy (just in case) instead of paying Thigpen.

Eh

Food for thought.....I believe I heard on the radio and am too lazy or disinterested to look it up, but Quinn was given the start in the final preseason game for the broncos last year and promptly put up a QBR of 0. (it would have to be QBR because i think it would be impossible to have a qb rating of zero.....ask rob johnson, he would know)

Edited by Garranimal

I really think Brady Quinn could be alot better QB than Thigpen. He played on a crap team. No offensive weapons,with no experience under his belt. No way with the icon Tebow being screamed down the Broncoes throat by fans, was he going to get a shot. He wants to play,mouthed his opinion. Big deal. Without the defense playing good Tebow would not have won many games. My opinion like it or not. I could care less.

I don't know man, Quinn is bad. He was given a chance in Cleveland (I know, another bad team) and stunk up the place. His sample size is still pretty small with only 12 starts, but there's nothing in his pro resume to suggest he's anything more than another over-hyped Notre Dame product. At this point, Quinn=Thigpen. It's a wash.

I'm all for upgrading the backup QB spot, but Quinn ain't it.