Albert Haynesworth released again

Beerball

What do we have to lose???? He's better than anyone we have!!! He'll sell some season tickets!!! This team needs to make a bold move to show everyone we're serious!!! Ralph is cheap!!! I'm so done with this team!!! :w00t:

Did I miss any?

PTR

Yes, you missed:

We are the only team in the NFL who hasn't made the playoffs in the last decade! In fact, it's been 12 years for chrissake! There are mothers in south Buffalo who weren't even born the last time the Bills were in the playoffs!

You can insert that anywhere after the season ticket schtick. :lol:

What do we have to lose???? He's better than anyone we have!!! He'll sell some season tickets!!! This team needs to make a bold move to show everyone we're serious!!! Ralph is cheap!!! I'm so done with this team!!! :w00t:

Did I miss any?

PTR

I can't tell if you're joking, but I live in the Washington DC metro area, and Haynesworth was a cancer as soon as he arrived. He was a terrible mood in the lockerroom per the players, had a terrible work ethic that brought everyone down, and began to even have off the field incidents with the groping of the breast of a waitress and with a road rage incident, both of which ended up in court.

The guy had a career year...his last on the Titans roster where he was playing for the next big league contract.

The Bills would be better served putting little Nathan Gerbe at NT over 'Fat' Al.

Serious 'PASS'.

Did I miss any?

PTR

yep.... wannstedt can turn him into a pro bowler...

but i think that's where we differ from top level athletes...we, for the most part, basically try to eke out our mere existence in life by not having a target on our back at work....athletes have a huge ego they need to feed. If I won the lottery...no chance in hell I'd remain in my taxonomy job....these guys work hard time and time again to continuously win a 'lottery'

I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often. I know if I suddenly had enough money to be financially set for the rest of my life that I'd have a hard time getting up in the morning and putting in the work necessary.

I'm sure we have not heard the last of him

1.) I expect several run ins with the law over the next few years

2.) I expect several post on this board titled "Why not sign Albert Haynesworth for the right price?"

Indeed. They both undoubtebly will occur.

I'm sure we have not heard the last of him

1.) I expect several run ins with the law over the next few years

2.) I expect several post on this board titled "Why not sign Albert Haynesworth for the right price?"

don't forget the one 4-5 years from now:

3) Is having "financial difficulties"

The same guys who love Coples love themselves some Albert Haynesworth in a Bills uniform.

You can't coach up work ethic. It's an intangible that you either have or don't have. You can't learn it. You can't buy it. You can't coach it. You don't suddenly obtain or attain it. You must make it.

Haynesworth has talent. Always has. He just doesn't want to do the work.

Talent is like a big block of fine marble. Takes a dedicated stonecutter to shape themselves a masterpiece.

No team wants a player that takes plays or whole games off. For the one great play Haynesworth will give you, a less talented player can give you a good all around game for half the price and problems.

Wrong side of 30, always had a horrible work ethic, theoretically set for life financially so no need to bust his hump, and even the greatest motivator in history, Bill Belichick, couldn't get him to produce. What's not to like (well, I liked that last part)?

I can't tell if you're joking, but I live in the Washington DC metro area, and Haynesworth was a cancer as soon as he arrived. He was a terrible mood in the lockerroom per the players, had a terrible work ethic that brought everyone down, and began to even have off the field incidents with the groping of the breast of a waitress and with a road rage incident, both of which ended up in court.

The guy had a career year...his last on the Titans roster where he was playing for the next big league contract.

The Bills would be better served putting little Nathan Gerbe at NT over 'Fat' Al.

Serious 'PASS'.

Trust me, I am kidding. In fact when Al and Ocho signed with NE I told my arrogant Pats* fan buddy that both players would get released before seasons end. I was half right.

PTR