Routt CB

syrcuse315

Sorry, but this is exactly how Brandon wants you to feel. Excited because we are being "aggressive".

Too bad we've read this book before. We are being just as aggressive as we were when we played hard to get Clabo,

Unfortunately there are huge gap between being "aggressive" and actually signing players.

As long as they are aggressive they will have at least one or two good signings.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I hear that last name, I think of that classic scene.

The other reason Finnegan is an infamous name to me is because I lost a girlfriend in 10th grade to a guy named Finnegan.

As for Routt, I'm not for or against.

I'll officially be for or against when I find out what he's being offered/what he signed for. Otherwise the discussion is irrelevant. Would anyone be AGAINST signing him for the veteran minimum? Of course not. Would anyone be happy if we offered him 4 years at $20 million with $12 million guaranteed? Of course not.

The discussion is irrelevant without a discussion of what he would cost.

The Kirk v. Finnegan fight. Not too many on this board would know that Finnegan.

Now, if he were on South Park ... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but this is exactly how Brandon wants you to feel. Excited because we are being "aggressive".

Too bad we've read this book before. We are being just as aggressive as we were when we played hard to get Clabo,

Unfortunately there are huge gap between being "aggressive" and actually signing players.

Yea i realize that taking a look is far from garnering a quality player. But i like it less when we watch potential players get snapped up with out expressing some interest.

We are not going to mortgage the farm and go for the other two Fa corners so if we can get this guy cheap we should consider it.

That being said, i think the chances are very low we grab Routt and you are right this is probably just for show

Pick up Routt, drop McGee and Florence, draft a CB in rd 3. Williams, Routt, Rogers and the rookie,

drop mcgee McKelvin corner, keep florence at nickel;

Edited by 3rdand12

You guys have to remember that the bills have to spend 90% of the cap so they have to spend roughly 30-40 million ,ralph cant be cheap he was to spend it with the new collective Bargaining agreement.

Edited by valle7878

you are right mostly. But we have to be selective when we go after a desirable FA. I have read some theories that we we can make one big splash after we take care of our ownand some shuffling. Should we get two very good players or one near guarantee like maybe

Mario Williams or the Finnegan?

You guys have to remember that the bills have to spend 90% of the cap so they have to spend roughly 30-40 million ,ralph cant be cheap he was to spend it with the new collective Bargaining agreement.

That requirement doesn't kick in until the 2013 season. Until then, the teams have to spend 99% of the cap collectively league wide. And that has to be in actual cash spent.

GO BILLS!!!

Cortland Finnegan would be a perfect fit as our corner. He's nasty, physical and really just dirty but our defense needs that edge. We need an intimidator bottom line!

He's 5-10, 190 lbs and got beat up publicly on the field. He's not intimidating, he's just dirty and annoying. That's not awful to have on a team but let's call it what it is. He will agitate you with dirty play, not be a physical presence truly. The edge your talking about comes up front, not from a corner.

Routt sux . Some people want anybody.If he was so good they would find away to keep him. Waisted money here.

Disagree. I think Routt is a classic example of the Al Davis mentality. He flourished in the #2 role with Asomugha on the other side. When they lost Nnamdi, they EXTREMELY overpaid Routt and he struggled against the elite WRs of the league.

They didn't cut him for sucking, they cut him because its a whole new regime there and his cap hit can't be justified. He's not going to get signed for $10 million as a free agent like he was just making in Oakland.

I hope Mckelvin does become a finished product and you make a good point. But i dont think his play was lack of effort or attitude.

He's a good kid really and great physically. If he could turn his head and get his hands up he could be very good!

My main worry about Routt, i have more than one, is how much will he cost if we like him? he was overpaid and he might expect that again. With as many other teams now showing interest i think are chances are dwindling because a bidding war might be coming.

I hope Mckelvin does become a finished product and you make a good point. But i dont think his play was lack of effort or attitude.

He's a good kid really and great physically. If he could turn his head and get his hands up he could be very good!

My main worry about Routt, i have more than one, is how much will he cost if we like him? he was overpaid and he might expect that again. With as many other teams now showing interest i think are chances are dwindling because a bidding war might be coming.

I think the teams, and Stanford Routt are fully aware he's still receiving $20 million guaranteed for Oakland. If he's in it for the money, he's already pocketing plenty and will probably settle for a much smaller contract.

Think about the money Drayton Florence was making in...Jacksonville was it?....when he got cut and then signed here. IIRC, he also pocketed a bunch of guaranteed money from that big contract before coming to Buffalo on a mid-tier contract

I like the persistence. This would take a huuge load off Buddy come draft day. He loves his corners, but if we sign him we probably will wait till the 4th or 5th round.

Best corners in RD4 and 5 (my order, pre-combine)

Shaun Prater Iowa - my favorite late round CB, hamstring dropped him to here

Cliff Harris Oregon

Leonard Johnson Iowa State - decent job against Blackmon in Iowa State upset win

Donnie Fletcher Boston College

Omar Bolden Arizona State

Josh Norman Coastal Carolina

Josh Robinson Central Florida

Shaun Prater INT: